Winter is on my tail

1942 merc

Sep 14, 2012
sd
Detector(s) used
xp deus , Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have a great permission and I have found many things , So many I am down to one good find every couple days . I have used basic -1 , factory hot , garys sifter and hot program . Many adjustments through each program for depth and swing speed . I want to pick this site clean before it freezes . Any programs for a mild soil with a GB of 78 any of you can help me with would be great . Send it in a PM if it is top secret . I have a real good feeling after my latest find I could be able to pull a seated from this site . I have found IHP back to 1891 and then a larger part of a cuff link dated Pat NOV 16 1875 . 1875b.JPG 1875 c.JPG

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Winter`s coming soon been cutting fire wood all week !
Try this !
3- Deus Fast
Frequency- 11737 (12khz)
Disc- 0
Full Tones
Sens- 90
TX Power- 3
Iron Vol- 0
Reactivity- 3
Audio Res- 4 (or 5)
Notch- 00-00
Great in mild soil
"Shane of the Cainfield Bandit `s program "
Gary

Last edited:

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equnox 800... 2 Garrett Pro Pointers, Lesche, and an 18" mini-T- handle and a 31 inch Samson digging tools
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Winter`s coming soon been cutting fire wood all week !
Try this !
3- Deus Fast
Frequency- 11737 (12khz)
Disc- 0
Full Tones
Sens- 90
TX Power- 3
Iron Vol- 0
Reactivity- 3
Audio Res- 4 (or 5)
Notch- 00-00
Great in mild soil
"Shane of the Cain Field Bandit `s program "
Gary

I got this from you the day I got my Deus, and use it often. Scored a Civil War Store Token using this last week! Great program!!

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Land or Sea Pointer
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I got this from you the day I got my Deus, and use it often. Scored a Civil War Store Token using this last week! Great program!!
Fred
That`s my #1 hunting program... i put the same program side by side just changed Freq. to 4khz... switch over to sort out the bad.
Gary

OP
OP
1942 merc

1942 merc

Sep 14, 2012
sd
Detector(s) used
xp deus , Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My firewood work was done months ago . Just winterized the boat .I did try the shooter program and the one you listed but no luck so back to the hot program and bam . Scored a sweet token ten inches down . Tomorrow is snow so going back at it . de smet token 2.JPG de smet token.JPG

OP
OP
1942 merc

1942 merc

Sep 14, 2012
sd
Detector(s) used
xp deus , Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Tokens are nice to find for sure . I know there is more but I have pounded this site pretty well . Sticking with the factory hot program for now . Wish I could have found more of this piece . I dug every signal with in a three foot area to find more of it with no luck . Other than the dem v 1.JPG dem v.JPG German on it , I have no idea what it was or is .

Toothpick

Sep 9, 2013
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
XP-DEUS 2, MANTICORE, XP-DEUS 1, Equinox 800, Simplex, 1280x, Gold Bug 2, 12v Gator Gill Hookah
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think what ever that was on received a award of merit or special recognition.

PikesPeakCharlie

Bronze Member
Nov 19, 2008
Pikes Peak
Detector(s) used
Garrett Gti 2500, Garrett Gta 350, Garrett Pro-Pointer -- Whites IDX Pro, AutoMax V2 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Part of a harmonica.

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Here's my current experimental program which has been treating me good.
Modified Gmaxx program
Frequency- 8Khz
Disc- 0
Full Tones
Sens- 85-90
TX Power- 2
Iron Vol- 0
Reactivity- 0-1 (use as per site needs)
Silencer: 0-1 (1 does clean up some signals occasionally)

Audio Res- 4
Notch- 00-00

Works well in mild soil, pasture and fields. My general "hunting" program.

OP
OP
1942 merc

1942 merc

Sep 14, 2012
sd
Detector(s) used
xp deus , Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looks like the factory hot program in 17 freq is working for me really well . It snowed on me and I was wondering if the deus coil will stand up to light snow ? The coil freezing is what I am worried about . I am in love with this token . It cleaned up really well and I am almost 99% sure I found the grave stone online of A.S. Carpenter . 1833-1911 so this would put the token at the homesteading days . Really excited about it as I would rather find old tokens above all else .

I hit the local park before the snow and came away with a 1929 Herbert hoover 3.JPG hoover 4.JPG hoover 5.JPG hoover.JPG hoover1.JPG hoover political pin and an older clip back earring .

Txop

Oct 21, 2017
North Texas
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, X-terra with several coils, White's MXT, Whites Classic ID, Troy Shadow X2 (my first detector), and a carrot pin pointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I never gave it much thought me being in Texas but does the ground in your area actually freeze to the point where you cannot detect in the winter?

OP
OP
1942 merc

1942 merc

Sep 14, 2012
sd
Detector(s) used
xp deus , Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yes ...I call it locked out . I am done for the year now . We have a blizzard coming with five inches of snow and 60 mph winds . I remember this April I was chipping a silver quarter out of the ground and bringing the clump of frozen dirt home to run it under hot water to get my coin . Right after the snow melts all the weeds are pressed to the ground allowing you to swing where you could not all year .Problem is the ground is frozen in the shade til almost may .

Txop

Oct 21, 2017
North Texas
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, X-terra with several coils, White's MXT, Whites Classic ID, Troy Shadow X2 (my first detector), and a carrot pin pointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can have that weather. It's 77 degrees here today and I am in shorts and a t-shirt. It is supposed to get cold here the rest of the week in the high 50's.

OP
OP
1942 merc

1942 merc

Sep 14, 2012
sd
Detector(s) used
xp deus , Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just trade one hole for the other . I will be punching ice plugs soon .Ice fishing takes the place of detecting . Chasing birds now , The waterfowl is insane right now . I would bet there were over 3000 shots fired in a ten mile area of me this weekend and not one person was hurt . I did manage to get out for the last couple days though . Nothing to crazy but better than nothing . d2.JPG d3.JPG d4.JPG done.JPG

HuntinDog

Bronze Member
May 26, 2010
No. Cal.
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS / MXT PRO / Garrett ProPointer
Looks like a great quick hunt before the freeze...

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Land or Sea Pointer
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Ya Winter is coming,i got my Flu shot this morning
Was going to go metal detecting today nice weather and late in the season and all.
That shot gave me a chill and got me shaking so bad,i could thread a sewing machine while its running.
Darn Doctor ...Darn Flu Shot... Darn Darn winter.
Think i got the Creepin Crud.
Gary

Last edited:

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ya Winter is coming,i got my Flu shot this morning
Was going to go metal detecting today nice weather and late in the season and all.
That shot gave me a chill and got me shaking so bad,i could thread a sewing machine while its running.
Darn Doctor ...Darn Flu Shot... Darn Darn winter.
Think i got the Creepin Crud.
Gary

Hang in there, Gary! Hopefully, it will keep the real bad crud from making you sick later.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread