Deus Snags Some Fine Red Dirt Relics

austin_luker

Oct 17, 2014
New York State
Detector(s) used
XP Dues (AKA: EMI Chaser/Dog fence lover)
9" X35 - 11" LF - HF Elliptical - MI6 -
Garrett AT Pro with Neil Storm Coil, NEL SharpShooter and Garrett Pro PinPointer AT (Carrot)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OP
OP
vferrari

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I`m looking forward to meeting you...i got some good places for us to hit...in warmer weather .
Gary

Gary - sounds good. We'll wait till things thaw out next spring-early summer.

OP
OP
vferrari

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey V,
So what is your most used "program" would you say "GoldField"? You seem to be a fan of that program I am assuming due to the "all metal mode" Do you look at the VDI since goldfield is a pitch program?

My most used program not in hot dirt is full tones, -6 disc, sense 90+, Tx=2, Rx=2 to 2.5, and GB Tracking used for both 14 and 28 khz. 28 khz if I am trying to hit mid conductors or gold.

I use gold field in the hot dirt, VDI seldom even displays in this situation, so I look for a consistent buzz, when I get that AND have a VDI then I make my decision. If I don't have a VDI or ferrous indication on the horseshoe, I switch over to GF with IAR (Iron Audio Reject) = 5 and see if the buzz breaks up, indicating probable ferrous (even this isn't fullproof in this dirt, I have had the signal break up on a minie ball). I may also cut in an unmasker (Disc=10 with Tones= Pitch) at this point to further characterize the target. Then make my dig decision.

fishstick

Silver Member
Oct 28, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5, T2SE, F2 for the boys, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My most used program not in hot dirt is full tones, -6 disc, sense 90+, Tx=2, Rx=2 to 2.5, and GB Tracking used for both 14 and 28 khz. 28 khz if I am trying to hit mid conductors or gold.

I use gold field in the hot dirt, VDI seldom even displays in this situation, so I look for a consistent buzz, when I get that AND have a VDI then I make my decision. If I don't have a VDI or ferrous indication on the horseshoe, I switch over to GF with IAR (Iron Audio Reject) = 5 and see if the buzz breaks up, indicating probable ferrous (even this isn't fullproof in this dirt, I have had the signal break up on a minie ball). I may also cut in an unmasker (Disc=10 with Tones= Pitch) at this point to further characterize the target. Then make my dig decision.

Damn V, that's knowin how to work that Deus!!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread