It's SOOoooo Purddddddiiiiieeeeeeeeee!

ArDirtSlinger

Mar 13, 2014
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP deus; MI-6 pinpointer, TRX pinpointer, Lesche digger, Lesche Sampson, Predator Piranha
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
This is so awesome
I'm Here 2.jpg

It came yesterday

Charged, Dipped,Coated,  And Rarin' to go.jpg

And here Charged & Dipped/Coated and Rarin' to go

And if you don't know this trick it's all about The "Plasti Dip"

DeepDigs

Oct 27, 2016
WI
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, XP Deus 2, XP Deus, Tesoro Vaquero
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats! How does it compare to the Garrett Carrot? Worth the extra $$?

OP
OP
ArDirtSlinger

ArDirtSlinger

Mar 13, 2014
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP deus; MI-6 pinpointer, TRX pinpointer, Lesche digger, Lesche Sampson, Predator Piranha
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congrats! How does it compare to the Garrett Carrot? Worth the extra $$?

Hasn't been in the dirt yet. Making sure to get a good cure. Ready for a Sunday hunt. But I'll get back to you best I can . My previous PinPointer Was a TRX (and I love it )so don't have any experience with the Carrot. It does have 360 detection like the Carrot; TRX doesn't.

Last edited:

usmcscorpio

Oct 7, 2003
Delaware
Congrats on the new XP Pinpointer! Please let us all know what you think of it...I have been using the TRX for quite a while, and considering purchasing the new XP Pinpointer myself. Happy Hunting!

gene the machine

Apr 24, 2012
Western New York
Detector(s) used
Compass Coin Magnum, Garrett GTP1350, Minelab CTX 3030, XP Deus, Nokta Impact
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
i'm not a big fan of the MI6. I went back to the carrot. The MI6 is not very sensitive until you turn it up to at least 45. Then it's noisy as all get out. you have to push the button while holding the tip on the ground. then try pinpointing and most of the time it has to be one inch away from the target to have it sound off. Many times I can't find the target and get my buddy's carrot to find the target. Even if it sounds off and you lay it on the ground it starts making noise and you have to push the button again and again to quiet it down. As far as I'm concerned it's a PITA. But that's just my experience with it. I haven't tried it in stand alone mode. I have it now as my spare.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love mine so much that I use it when using other metal detectors. Not in standalone mode, I bring the backphones with me and use it in pitch mode. Yeah, I'm nuts.

austin_luker

Oct 17, 2014
New York State
Detector(s) used
XP Dues (AKA: EMI Chaser/Dog fence lover)
9" X35 - 11" LF - HF Elliptical - MI6 -
Garrett AT Pro with Neil Storm Coil, NEL SharpShooter and Garrett Pro PinPointer AT (Carrot)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I would like to throw out that I have used Garrett pin pointers from the start over 7 years. I'm sure have used longer. The Garrett Black PP was nice but not waterproof or super sensitive. Then I moved onto the orange PP from Garrett, better Sensitivity and water proof very cool!! Now on the the XP MI-6 this is best PP I have ever used! When used with the remote the sensitivity is hands down amazing. You can push the button while touching clean soil to tune the PP to the soil if it's making to much noise. Also its water proof and has great drop resistance... In my opinion one of the best on the Market, if it could discriminat it would be the best ever made.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
ArDirtSlinger

ArDirtSlinger

Mar 13, 2014
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
What's it coated with.

The "Plasti Dip" It's a liquid rubber product that is for dipping hand tools in. I usually dip my pin pointers 3 times. Just go by the instructions. I buy mine at "Lowes" but i'm pretty sure any Building supply / hardware store will have it.

RW

Feb 7, 2007
Fort Worth'ish
Detector(s) used
Golden uMax w/CleanSweep - XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I would like to throw out that I have used Garrett pin pointers from the start over 7 years. I'm sure have used longer. The Garrett Black PP was nice but not waterproof or super sensitive. Then I moved onto the orange PP from Garrett, better Sensitivity and water proof very cool!! Now on the the XP MI-6 this is best PP I have ever used! When used with the remote the sensitivity is hands down amazing. You can push the button while touching clean soil to tune the PP to the soil if it's making to much noise. Also its water proof and has great drop resistance... In my opinion one of the best on the Market, if it could discriminat it would be the best ever made.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Darn I was under the impression that it could discriminate, the it was in essence another coil for the XP that took over the remote/headphones when activated. Hopefully by the time my remaining 2.5 Garrett PP's have worn out it will be a reality.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's what we were hoping for but when I explicitly asked Gary of XP this he said that there were no plans to do this becsuse it was a PI based PP. However, I have not seen any documentation that confirms the Mi6 is Pulse Induction, so who knows...

RW

Feb 7, 2007
Fort Worth'ish
Detector(s) used
Golden uMax w/CleanSweep - XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
PI huh? I still carry my PP behind my back when I detect, old habit from Vibra-Probe, interfered with coil. When the time for a new PP comes I will most likely get XP if I still have the Deus.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread