deus on deep silver coin

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Calabash
I just pulled with the Deus a 1851 Large Cent at all of 12 " mixed in Iron... at the same spot as my avatar buttons with a T2 .
After i found them i pounded that site 100'x100' 20 times with F-75,T2,Toltec II,At Pro and Gold,Nautilus DCM II-b none could see that LC ...my Deus did.
I only found the one LC so i did not even post it .
I know there is another Button in there .
Gary

Last edited:

fishstick

Silver Member
Oct 28, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5, T2SE, F2 for the boys, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hopefully you do Gary, would make your avatar even SWEETER!!!!!

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Land or Sea Pointer
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
fishstick
I see your using two of the machines i used to hunt that site i`m not bashing any brands i use them all,and the T2 Se found the Buttons....Don`t know if the Deus would have seen them.
In the iron the Deus imo is superior.
I did have the T2 with me... and it told me not to dig in that iron...the Deus told me Maybe i should dig....so it was a fair fight !
Gary

Last edited:

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gary,

What settings were you using to unmask that LC? I am working on optimizing an umasking program using pitch for nonferrous and iron volume.

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Land or Sea Pointer
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
vferrari
I was using Shane`s based off "Fast" program.it`s in the Thread for custom Deus programs ...had it the Sen.cranked to 94 only change...then the sound was a nano squawk... could not get a # .
This Deus sure puts a smile on my face!
Gary

Last edited:
OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
me and you are on same page vferrari!

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was digging in the horrid Virginia red dirt the last two days with the Deus. Place has been POUNDED by any type of machine possible since he 1960's. I had two suggested "Virginia red dirt" programs set into the machine. Both programs did not work. These is so much ground clutter and hot rocks, every time you would even think of putting the machine near the ground, it would sound off, and sound off and sound off. So I decided to try something else. I switched to the standard Deus Fast program and cranked up the frequency to 78.8 hkz. That straightend out the problem with it the machine going bonkers. I wandered over to a suspected trashy area, with all the leaves on the ground I simply scraped down less than 1/2" to see the red dirt. This one spot had a lot of old trash decomposed on it, so it was not quite so "red". Pulled out tons of ration can pats, three eagle buttons, and eagle button back, Block I, a musket ball, several dozen pieces of camp lead, a percussion cap, a couple real cool iron items, etc.

Deepest object was about 5" but that is not bad in that Virginia dirt. This particular spot had "debris" going down about 6", then it was back to undisturbed red clay dirt.
Now My Tesoro Vaquero will go deeper, up to 8-10" on a minie ball in the same area, and it will work ok in a campsite.

If you are in an open once plowed field, you really need a PI machine for that. In good dirt, the Deus does go very deep.

Last edited:

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Will get to test it in real conditions tomorrow. Might be able to make make a video of it also. Won't be CD quality tho...lol.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good luck with the video. I can dig or video, not both at the same time.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
vferrari
I was using Shane`s based off "Fast" program.it`s in the Thread for custom Deus programs ...had it the Sen.cranked to 94 only change...then the sound was a nano squawk... could not get a # .
This Deus sure puts a smile on my face!
Gary

Wow. I am even more impressed. Went back and looked at that program. I am very surprised you pulled that coin so deep with reactivity at 3. But that is what I need to know. Reactivity of 2 may have made for less of a nano squawk (without iron present) but also with iron, you may have not been able to separate the LC from the iron without Rx = 3. So, who knows. Great catch, nevertheless. I will have to experiment with different Rx's for unmask and see what happens. The good thing is that with pitch, the signal lasts as long as the coil "sees" the target so you get less tone clipping. More testing to come.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good luck with the video. I can dig or video, not both at the same time.

Believe me, if I am pulling a lot of relics out of the ground at this site, I won't be filming a documentary, I will be digging and TALKING about it later.

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Me and Chris were on the site where I dug the early navy buttons I was calling time out when I would go over to him videoing ... lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread