Show me some silver! I would like to hear about recent silver finds as well as how th

austin_luker

Oct 17, 2014
New York State
Detector(s) used
XP Dues (AKA: EMI Chaser/Dog fence lover)
9" X35 - 11" LF - HF Elliptical - MI6 -
Garrett AT Pro with Neil Storm Coil, NEL SharpShooter and Garrett Pro PinPointer AT (Carrot)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If you all can remember how your silver find sounded and if you where using full tones and or what program settings.
It's been a slow 2 months for me with silver, however I'm killing the Wheaties and Indian heads just can't seem to pull the elusive shiny out of the ground. Only 1 Merc and 1 sizor handle [emoji21]
With the 11 inch coil I run hot
Sens - 95
Full tones
Disc - 4.5
TX - 3
Freq - 7Khz or 4Khz
Silencer - -1

With the elliptical almost the same setup but run at 23Khz and -6.5 disk.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

toasted

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2015
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Found this beauty of a half dime yesterday running V3.2 with the 9” coil. It was a good 6”+ down. Was running full tones zero disc with sensitivity at 90, TX 2, reactivity 2, silencer -1, audio response 4 and ground balance tracking on. It sounded and read much like the many deep wheat pennies I dig at this site. Little bit deeper and a lot older though:)

Ive only dug 3 silvers since late September but they were a 1/2 real, 1 real, and the half dime.

Attachments

• A0E68A4D-8DEA-49EB-B320-066744DAC461.jpeg
    A0E68A4D-8DEA-49EB-B320-066744DAC461.jpeg
    399.1 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:
OP
OP
austin_luker

austin_luker

Oct 17, 2014
New York State
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro with Neil Storm Coil, NEL SharpShooter and Garrett Pro PinPointer AT (Carrot)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That is some pretty silver my friend! Love seated

WaterScoop

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2017
SW Washington
Detector(s) used
Nox 800,
CTX 3030,
XP DEUS,
Excalibur II
Garrett AT Max,
Whites DFX,
Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Austin_luker ...RustyGold has a very good valid point. Have you detected many permission pre 1964 sites? Those tend to be the best for silver bling potential at least for me.

The one thing is for sure... the more you swing the coil the better your chances of finding the bling.

Cheers

Waterscoop

gene the machine

Apr 24, 2012
Western New York
Detector(s) used
Compass Coin Magnum, Garrett GTP1350, Minelab CTX 3030, XP Deus, Nokta Impact
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
get a silver dime and bury it at 5 inches and then swing over it so you know how it sounds at whatever settings you use. I usually use full tones and a silver dime sounds off very nicely. If you are digging Wheaties then you will hit a silver dime sooner or later. Wheaties almost sound like a dime on full tones. Keep at it... silver is coming.

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
So far i have had a Deus since the end of August 3 silvers but mixed in with iron so the sound was not so bright in the ground...not till i picked some iron out of the hole.
Program settings Shane`s Program all most all the time .
I know that`s no help...just me thinking !
Gary

Last edited:
OP
OP
austin_luker

austin_luker

Oct 17, 2014
New York State
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have found loads of the shiny stuff nothing makes the heart beat faster! Well, gold gets it beating pretty fast too, but I like seeing what others have found. Most of the sites I hunt date from 1600-1900 (have to love the east coast) JUst seem to be in a little silver slump :)

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
here are some of my silver finds with the deus ....it will find sliver..... DSCN1920.jpg DSCN1878.jpg DSCN1266.JPG DSCN1378.JPG DSCN1378.JPG DSCN1693.JPG

OP
OP
austin_luker

austin_luker

Oct 17, 2014
New York State
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Love and I mean love the small silver Calabash

RW

Feb 7, 2007
Fort Worth'ish
Detector(s) used
Golden uMax w/CleanSweep - XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Found 4 silvers yesterday in 18khz using slightly modified HOT program, sens 92-94.
1 Washington quarter, real ear blaster, flat and 2 inches deep, rang in above quarter and was thinking can top, hoping silver ring.
2 Roosevelt dimes, both a distinct high whisper, tilted in rocks and lake minerals only 3-4 inches deep, thought they were wheat pennies, 89-90.
1 Sterling Horned Toad trinket (TCU Country), rang in tight, loud and clear, sounded like the copper bullets I was finding but number was higher around 95, hoping for silver ring but happy with it once I read STERLING.
Also found a few wheats and a Canadian coin I think, just digging the tones and ruling out bottle caps with duplicate program 1 step over at lower khz.
Also dug a little Amway pin that may be silver, probably copper, but really small and came though clear as a must dig.

Will have to "show" it later...

Last edited:

rick67

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2014
Smithtown NY
Detector(s) used
XP, Whites, Garrett,
Lesche, T-Rex, RTG.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I know what your comparing to in your mind and it doesn't sound like that.

Here's from the other day. Like you, I kept going waiting for that sweet sound and it didn't happen. I turn on a fast program. Tune it up over a higher sound and never see the remote again until I pull it out of the back pack to shut it down.
To me it all sounds like crap. Just has a higher pitch with the silver but still crap. Like the guy said above about the silver quarter. It's a screaming mess. Not what your remembering silver as.
IMG_0215.JPG
IMG_0221.JPG
9lbs of old shot shells last season. They mimic just about everything I've ever found. So that's why I say. It all sounds like crap.

It's good to be back Austin. Now it'll snow:laughing7:

RW

Feb 7, 2007
Fort Worth'ish
Detector(s) used
Golden uMax w/CleanSweep - XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Pretty crusty but here is yesterday's silver. Even soaked in Tarnex longer than should and no help. Lake muck makes a mess out of silver.

Attachments

• 20171205_144131_resized - Edited (1).jpg
    20171205_144131_resized - Edited (1).jpg
    915.8 KB · Views: 80
  • 20171205_144158_resized - Edited.jpg
    20171205_144158_resized - Edited.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 84
OP
OP
austin_luker

austin_luker

Oct 17, 2014
New York State
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Electrolysis should be a huge help in removing the black from your nice coins

Txop

Oct 21, 2017
North Texas
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, X-terra with several coils, White's MXT, Whites Classic ID, Troy Shadow X2 (my first detector), and a carrot pin pointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's my first Silver's since getting a Deus a week ago.

The only thing is I won them at the club meeting :)

I actually got one of the Rosie's for finding most nickels at our fun hunt Saturday. Not bad for the first outing with the Deus.

IMG_2607.jpg

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice seated find, congratulations! :occasion14:

achetadomestica

Feb 5, 2017
Detector(s) used
xp deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks and Happy Holidays to all!

Last edited:

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Responded to you in the other thread you started. BTW - it is actually counterproductive to post the same question in two different threads. It is confusing to folks who have posted in one or the other to keep track of their responses and replies plus it spreads the information across multiple threads instead of consolidating it in one thread. If you realized after the first posting that having a dedicated thread makes more sense, then you can point folks from the old posting to the new, preferred posting by editing whichever one you want to shut down. Just trying to help, not trying to scold or be rude and perhaps my post will help point folks to the other thread here: http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/deus/564023-what-am-i-missing.html. BTW you are doing great on the silver. Wish my count was as high as yours this year. Got started late on my silver rush. Lol.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread