Just curious ...what DEUS version are you running in your machine.

WaterScoop

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2017
SW Washington
Detector(s) used
Nox 800,
CTX 3030,
XP DEUS,
Excalibur II
Garrett AT Max,
Whites DFX,
Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’m runnin V3.2 I have noticed that many others are as well. How many of you upgraded to V 4?
83151449-8E5D-498E-8B6C-A7B1FDB8F16C.jpeg

I like the graph feature. Other then the HF coils being supported has anyone noticed any
Improvement or decline in its effectiveness ?

Thank you in advance.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's also required for the Mi6 Pinpointer.
As far as performance is concerned:

-GB Tracking is vastly improved.
-Reactivity of 2.5 is a great middle of the road setting.
-Gold Field All Metal Performance, especially iron rejection, is improved.
-Preset programs now include a Deep signal processing filter algorithm based on an earlier version of the Deus software.

choppadude

Dec 23, 2012
Twin Tiers NY
Detector(s) used
XP Deus X2, CTX 3030, E Trac, T2, AT Pro, AKA Sorex, Makro Kruzer, Minelab GP3500, Nokta Impact
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am on V4 and love it. Greater reactivity adjustment and the MI6 is one of the best investments I have made.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm running 4.0. Using the Deus Fast program I was at the beach (yes, I'm kind of a frozen cat), on Tuesday and got a 2.5m 14k gold bead. It was about 2-3" down in the frozen sand. Exacdt depth not possible to gauge as I had to use a rock hammer to get the sand broken up and then chased the bead around for awhile till I found it.

OP
OP
WaterScoop

WaterScoop

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2017
SW Washington
Detector(s) used
Nox 800,
CTX 3030,
XP DEUS,
Excalibur II
Garrett AT Max,
Whites DFX,
Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How long would you say the software update would take ? I not a Millenial when it comes to electronics but I’ve been around computers since my first computer TimexSinclair 1000.
05F91A09-FE85-41D1-97A9-5C6C8AB208F0.jpeg

My concern is corruption during the update.

So you fellas recommend I go through with the update?

Thanx again

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes. I recommend the update. Find a you tube video of someone doing it so you can understand the sequence and anticipate the onscreen PC prompts. Takes less than 5 minutes to do once you have the updater applet installed on your PC. Remember, you will need the USB data cable (not the charging cable) to be able to connect your remote to the PC since it acts as the conduit through which the firmware updates are wirelessly sent to your coil and headset. Really hard to screw it up. At the end, you may find the display screen on your remote is darkened. This is due to a bug/feature during the update where your screen contrast is turned all the way down. Simply readjust your screen contrast setting in the Menu to restore the screen to your desired contrast setting. That was the only odd thing I encountered. Also note that version 4.1 which presently just exists in Beta form could be released soon. I do not recommend installung the 4.1 Beta. It incurs some risk and primarily addresses comms reliability issues between the Deus and the Mi6 Pinpointer when switching in and out of Pinpointer mode. Good Luck.

Last edited:
OP
OP
WaterScoop

WaterScoop

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2017
SW Washington
Detector(s) used
Nox 800,
CTX 3030,
XP DEUS,
Excalibur II
Garrett AT Max,
Whites DFX,
Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you so much vferrari. I figured I would need a sub cable rather then the 3way charging cable.

Thank you all for your input it means a lot to me.

EF6C0FDC-530A-4FFF-996E-AA997ED8AE89.gif

Bharpring

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2016
Savannah, GA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus HF coils, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm still running the V4.1 Beta and love it. I am certain that it has helped my pinpointer work better with the coils and controller and I feel like it has improved discrimination filters as well.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm still running the V4.1 Beta and love it. I am certain that it has helped my pinpointer work better with the coils and controller and I feel like it has improved discrimination filters as well.

To be clear to Waterscoop - I was not recommending not eventually installing the 4.1 final release update, just not the beta at this time. I sensed some trepidation on his part regarding the whole upgrade thing so didn't want him to take on any more complexity by installing an unsanctioned beta (XP never intended it to be widely distributed because they don't want to have to clean up the mess if it starts bricking again). I know it is working well for most folks who have taken the plunge and fixed some annoying disconnects, but frankly it was not supposed to be released for general consumption yet as explained above and early on it was bricking some remotes - lack of strict configuration control in the beta phase (you never really know what beta version has been released) means that the next 4.1 Beta that gets posted (XP is still refining the fix) might start bricking remotes again - I see no need to for Waterscoop to take that chance since he doesn't even own the MI6 pinpointer. I would just wait until the 4.1 final release comes out.

Hope that clears up where I am coming from, and I know some of you may still not agree with me but I wanted to get all the facts/potential risks out there and let 'scoop decide on his own. I know I am coming off as a paranoid/overcautious/tinfoil hat wearer but believe me if you were burned on the botched 4.0 final release rollout by XP, you would run screaming from the XP betas, seriously. I know some of you really need the MI6 Pinpointer fix though because the frequency of disconnects make life miserable, so I get why some of you are practically forced to roll the dice. Just didn't see the need for 'scoop to do it. As far as 4.0, you can rest assured that has been run through the wringer and no surprises should be awaiting you.

Last edited:

Bharpring

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2016
Savannah, GA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus HF coils, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To be clear to Waterscoop - I was not recommending not eventually installing the 4.1 final release update, just not the beta at this time. I sensed some trepidation on his part regarding the whole upgrade thing so didn't want him to take on any more complexity by installing an unsanctioned beta (XP never intended it to be widely distributed because they don't want to have to clean up the mess if it starts bricking again). I know it is working well for most folks who have taken the plunge and fixed some annoying disconnects, but frankly it was not supposed to be released for general consumption yet as explained above and early on it was bricking some remotes - lack of strict configuration control in the beta phase (you never really know what beta version has been released) means that the next 4.1 Beta that gets posted (XP is still refining the fix) might start bricking remotes again - I see no need to for Waterscoop to take that chance since he doesn't even own the MI6 pinpointer. I would just wait until the 4.1 final release comes out.

Hope that clears up where I am coming from, and I know some of you may still not agree with me but I wanted to get all the facts/potential risks out there and let 'scoop decide on his own. I know I am coming off as a paranoid/overcautious/tinfoil hat wearer but believe me if you were burned on the botched 4.0 final release rollout by XP, you would run screaming from the XP betas, seriously. I know some of you really need the MI6 Pinpointer fix though because the frequency of disconnects make life miserable, so I get why some of you are practically forced to roll the dice. Just didn't see the need for 'scoop to do it. As far as 4.0, you can rest assured that has been run through the wringer and no surprises should be awaiting you.

Understood. You are doing a great job explaining answers to XP questions. Do you know when XP will have the final V4.1 or V5 available?

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First, thanks for the kind words.

Re: 4.1 final release: That, sir, is the $1M question (that and when is the Equinox shipping, lol). I was told by an XP “insider”and I’ll just leave it at that because his credibility now shot (lol) that 4.1 final release was due out “in a few days”. That was on Nov 4th!

As far as V5, fuggetaboudit. Anyone who lived through the, no kidding, 1.5 years of imminent release announcements for V4 know what I am talking about. But seriously, no V5 timetable has been discussed. Once XP does release a V5 timetable, add 1.5 years to the advertised release date and you will have a pretty good even money guess. Lol.

Last edited:

Txop

Oct 21, 2017
North Texas
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, X-terra with several coils, White's MXT, Whites Classic ID, Troy Shadow X2 (my first detector), and a carrot pin pointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just bought my machine new a few weeks ago. It was shipped with V4.0 on it. Works great.

toasted

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2015
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have no plans to update to V4 unless I decide to pickup a HF coil or MI6

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
3.2 here. Dont hate... ha ha

Mike G.

May 4, 2017
Washington State
Detector(s) used
XP Deus and Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm still using 3.2 also. You know the old saying, if it ain't broke...............

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
3.2 here. Dont hate... ha ha

Confused, in the coil thread thought you were running the HF elliptical coil you were recommending. :dontknow: Or do you prefer to just run the LF coils and 3.2 yourself and were just sampling the demo coil inventory (a Dealer perk, lol).

Last edited:

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Confused, in the coil thread thought you were running the HF elliptical coil you were recommending. :dontknow: Or do you prefer to just run the LF coils and 3.2 yourself and were just sampling the demo coil inventory (a Dealer perk, lol).

Yes I have my dealer demo for the shop (that is out on loan to a friend in which I need to call ASAP!) and my personal machine.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bart - that HF coil is awesome. I would recommend upgrading for it. Smokey just scored another awesome find with it (CS Tongue and Wreath).

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread