Display cases?

Txop

Oct 21, 2017
North Texas
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, X-terra with several coils, White's MXT, Whites Classic ID, Troy Shadow X2 (my first detector), and a carrot pin pointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

gene the machine

Apr 24, 2012
Western New York
Detector(s) used
Compass Coin Magnum, Garrett GTP1350, Minelab CTX 3030, XP Deus, Nokta Impact
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Don't be afraid of going to your local goodwill and salvation army stores. I always look at their picture frames. I buy the deep ones that can be used for displays. You will only pay about 25 cent on the dollar if you find them there. I have gotten many for 2 to 5 dollars that retail new for over $20 bucks. I plan on using standard thin picture frames to display my dog tags and tokens.

our only limit is your imagination when it comes to displays. I am still looking for more beanie baby display cases. They are great for relics. I have one on my desk at work as a conversation starter. The case cost 99 cents at goodwill.

20151012_144842.jpg

Someday soon I will make time to finish all my displays and post them while winter is keeping me from swinging the coil.

Last edited:

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Loco, like your idea there! Check out the 99 cent stores. They sell those boxes in packs of 4. Only prob is finding all clear ones. I do the picture frame thing too! I route out the backs to fit the box and make the box as deep as needed. Tiny hinges & latches I get from the hobby shop. Used to get ready made ones from the miniature stores, but all the ones by me dried up. There used to be a place in Garden Grove Ca. that had a nice miniature shop with a lot of variety. Give that a try! I'd suggest wood cigar box bottoms, but they're worth too much to scrap for parts.

OP
OP
T

Txop

Oct 21, 2017
North Texas
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, X-terra with several coils, White's MXT, Whites Classic ID, Troy Shadow X2 (my first detector), and a carrot pin pointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This is where I got the idea of getting frames from thrift stores and making displays.

Last edited:

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Loco digger. Speaking of conversation pieces, what is that wheel looking piece with 3 holes in your display? I found one this year too and didn't know what it was.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Loco digger. Speaking of conversation pieces, what is that wheel looking piece with 3 holes in your display? I found one this year too and didn't know what it was.

Thinking back to my youth I believe this is part of a larger radio, one of the wheels for the string that moved the pointer to the channel as you turned the knob.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I like the clear vertical conversation starter display! :icon_thumright:

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I like the clear vertical conversation starter display! :icon_thumright:

Thanks Doc, it never would have happened if I did not see the plastic display case being sold for 99 cents at Goodwill. I keep my eye's open for them whenever I hit one of those stores or even yard sales.

Goldfinger450

Aug 28, 2017
Central Oregon.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Craigslist, good will, Local 2nd hand stores, Get creative and with some glass and simple frame you can Make most anything if inclined.

scotty544

Mar 11, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 XP Deus Whites V3i
Tesoro Silver Saber
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hobby lobby has some nice glass and wood display cases

lookingharder

Feb 27, 2015
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites Coin Master. Garrett AT Gold, Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have made them in the past. Several for a friend of mine who has hundreds of arrow heads, very inexpensive. I use 1x2's from Lowe's and a picture frame. I make a square from the 1x2"s to match the size of the picture frame and put a 1/4" backing on it. Line the inside of the box and use small screws to attach the box to the picture frame. I like being able to match the house decor by the variety of frames you can use.. They cost me about $3 to make.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread