Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: The New Settings on the Deus have paid off

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Title? old fart

Jun 2014
    mid western ARK
    XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox
    7616 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (3)

The New Settings on the Deus have paid off

I posted my finds yesterday on Today's Finds which included my 3rd Walker half dollar. I meant to add a little more to the info. The area was a previously hunted spot that I did not find these coin with my older settings. The coin was about 7 1/2 inches down and on edge somewhat. I am using the LF coil, at this point in my life, it would take a lottery win to up grade LOL. Anyways, these are the numbers that I am using now. Tracking (conditions change so much in this area) Disc 10, 5 tones, Sen 93, Freq 12, TX 3, Iron Vol 2, Reactivity 2, Silencer -1, Audio Re 4, overload 1, Notch 0. I like what the pitch can do but I struggle with the subtle changes, my brain is a lot slower to respond to what I think or thought I heard. I am sure that these can be tweaked even more by some of you. I have to say, that so many of you have posted info or videos that have taken my journey of the Deus from the unknown into the semi known world that I use today. I can easily see how intimidating machines like these can be for those that had or have only used the turn on and go machines. My posts are what they are, just 12 years ago, I could not write, spell or do any math at all do to numerous strokes. I wouldn't even talk to anyone. So, I have come a long ways to this point. (Strokes? result of years of a severe case of sleep apnea.) So, when I say that I am a very Blessed man, I am. thanks again all. DL
    LUKE 15 : 8 "OR WHAT WOMAN, IF SHE HAS TEN SILVER COINS AND LOSES ONE COIN,DOES NOT LIGHT A LAMP AND SWEEP THE HOUSE AND SEARCH CAREFULLY UNTIL SHE FINDS IT?" 15 : 9 "AND WHEN SHE HAS FOUND IT, SHE CALLS TOGETHER HER FRIENDS AND NEIGHBORS, SAYING, "REJOICE WITH ME, FOR I HAVE FOUND THE COIN WHICH I HAD LOST!"

us
    Apr 2012
    Western New York
    Compass Coin Magnum, Garrett GTP1350, Minelab CTX 3030, XP Deus, Nokta Impact
    211 times
    Metal Detecting
    it is wonderful that you have gotten this far after those strokes. Keep it up. i use settings almost the sane as those you are using. i used full, tones for a long time but now i find that using the 5 tones is better and easier for me to hear what is gong on. thanks for the post. GL & HH
    dirtlooter likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Apr 2016
    Xp Deus ,aka sorex pro, I have owned ctx 30/30,racer2,nokta fors core,at pro,tesoro cortes.
    5655 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (1)
    You keep on keeping on! Your grammer is way better than mine! congrats on the silver!
    1781 Half reale, Spanish cob, 1802 1 Real
    1740 King George,Vermont state copper 178?
    1853 Trime
    1851 Large cent,1840 large cent
    6lb canon ball
    3 x N.C sunburst, Confederate block I coat,block I cuff
    S.C button
    Regiment Artillerists button 1811-1813
    Union Naval shell fuse
    Eagle I button,Eagle over canon button 1812
    Colonial cuff links intact
    1860 Indian Head fatty, 1859 fatty indian head
    1743 King George
    1861 Indian Head fatty
    1869 V nickel
    1902 Barber quarter, 1939 Walking half Dollar
    XP deus CTX 30/30
    Jas 1:22 But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves.

us
    Big Boys Hobbies

Jul 2005
    Moore Oklahoma
    Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
    642 times
    Metal Detecting
    Great post! The XP Deus is not a difficult machine to learn but once you do.... WOW!

Best iron and trash machine out!
    dirtlooter likes this.

Contact us for fastest and best service around!

We will beat any price or deal. Have questions on a machine?
    Bart@BigBoysHobbies.net or Call or text 405-206-9010
    Minelab Metal Detectors, Whites Metal Detectors, Garrett Metal Detectors, XP Deus, Fisher Metal Detectors, Teknetics Metal Detectors

Minelab Partner of the year award for the USA 2012. Minelab Customer service award 2012 and 2013.

us
    Title? old fart

Jun 2014
    mid western ARK
    7616 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (3)
    Quote Originally Posted by calabash digger View Post
    You keep on keeping on! Your grammer is way better than mine! congrats on the silver!
    Thanks, after the last stroke, I knew that I had to do something to get my brain to get better. I had a computer, it had Word correction and so I began to write a book. it was a science fiction book (to get my imagination going again)and 66 chapters long. I couldn't spell simple three letter words like cat or dog so I would find the words I needed as best as I could in other books etc. It was a very dry book and took a long time to write but the next book got even better(compared to the first). The third book was actually a pretty good one, colorful etc. My wife edits my large posts (I can't hand write very well at all now). The best thing for anyone to do is to Focus on what you can do and quite focusing on what you can't do. If you are persistent, your brain can rewire somewhat. yes, I still struggle with some comprehension and short term memory(drives you nuts). Even my wife forgets that I do struggle with things but that is a good thing. So, if I am able to do this good with the Deus, how much better can most people be if they tried? Part of me said no to getting it but I knew that I needed the challenge and got it anyways. Am I glad? Totally
    RustyGold and calabash digger like this.
    LUKE 15 : 8 "OR WHAT WOMAN, IF SHE HAS TEN SILVER COINS AND LOSES ONE COIN,DOES NOT LIGHT A LAMP AND SWEEP THE HOUSE AND SEARCH CAREFULLY UNTIL SHE FINDS IT?" 15 : 9 "AND WHEN SHE HAS FOUND IT, SHE CALLS TOGETHER HER FRIENDS AND NEIGHBORS, SAYING, "REJOICE WITH ME, FOR I HAVE FOUND THE COIN WHICH I HAD LOST!"

Dec 2017
    1 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Congratulations on facing your challenges straight on and so wonderful that you are overcoming them. And super that you can get out and hunt and find coins.

I just got the Deus about three weeks ago and have a lot to learn but enjoying every minute
    dirtlooter likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2015
    Near Ground Zero for Insanity
    XP Deus with HF Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek Delta/Whites MXT/Garrett Carrot/Piranha Relic Shovel
    4332 times
    Awesome dirtlooter. I wouldn't change a thing on those settings (even if I didn't already know they were netting you some great finds). Keep on, keepin' on. You are an inspiration to us all.
    "The future ain't what it used to be..."

us
    Title? old fart

Jun 2014
    mid western ARK
    7616 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (3)
    Quote Originally Posted by vferrari View Post
    Awesome dirtlooter. I wouldn't change a thing on those settings (even if I didn't already know they were netting you some great finds). Keep on, keepin' on. You are an inspiration to us all.
    Thanks, I feel pretty confident with them. I know that circumstances can dictate tweaking. I have considered after hunting an area pretty hard, to possibly alter the freq. of course I am still using the 3.2 V. I felt that the 5 tone was working better for me than Full Tones. The Deus is an awesome machine that many have misunderstood or given up way too soon on. If I was financially better off, I would have already be using the HF coils and the newer Version, it sounds like the gains are pretty awesome too. So I will work at getting better with what I have. it's not like I am in a great relic spot as some of you are.
    vferrari likes this.

May 2008
    XP Deus
    566 times
    That is indeed inspiring Dirt Looter. Thanks for sharing. I think those settings are you are using are excellent. Actually, I have a program almost identical.
    dirtlooter likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Low & Slow 2C Below

Sep 2017
    SW Washington
    CTX 3030, XP DEUS, Excalibur II Garrett ATP, Whites DFX, Tesoro Golden Max, & YUP->Custom Waterscoop
    3215 times
    Awesome glad you and the DEUS are now “talking” and now have come to an understanding
    That you want silver..

Cheers

Name:  EA8D7749-9D7B-4964-BABA-C1E5C0C0C41D.gif
Views: 382
Size:  849.7 KB
    dirtlooter likes this.
    Wayne Gretzky: "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2015
    Near Ground Zero for Insanity
    XP Deus with HF Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek Delta/Whites MXT/Garrett Carrot/Piranha Relic Shovel
    4332 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtlooter View Post
    Thanks, I feel pretty confident with them. I know that circumstances can dictate tweaking. I have considered after hunting an area pretty hard, to possibly alter the freq. of course I am still using the 3.2 V. I felt that the 5 tone was working better for me than Full Tones. The Deus is an awesome machine that many have misunderstood or given up way too soon on. If I was financially better off, I would have already be using the HF coils and the newer Version, it sounds like the gains are pretty awesome too. So I will work at getting better with what I have. it's not like I am in a great relic spot as some of you are.
    The other thing is that if you are going to detect with discrimination, which I think is a personal decision for the detectorist to make based on the site and their own comfort level, then multitones (as you've selected) or pitch vs. full tones IS the way to go. I only go full tones if I decide to detect with no discrimination and I make that decision on a site specific basis consistent with my detecting objectives for the site (relics, coins, grid, zig zag, dig all, cherry pick, limited time, ability to revisit the site, how trashy, modern or ferrous trash (or both), how carefully I need to make the extraction plugs (i.e., manicured lawn vs. plowed field), etc.). I usually formulate some sort of plan and kind of stick to that plan (and settings) for the duration of a detecting session only changing things up if conditions change or when I am interrogating a specific target to make a dig decision. Your settings are good general purpose settings that can be used for most any detecting objective.
    Last edited by vferrari; Jan 11, 2018 at 09:47 PM.
    "The future ain't what it used to be..."

us
    Aug 2017
    N.W. Oregon
    GPX, SD2200d XP Deus
    35 times
    Metal Detecting
    I admire your tenacity, humility and honesty. Thanks for sharing your inspiring story and best of luck.
    dirtlooter likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Aug 2013
    OC, CA
    XP Deus, Equinox 800 720i Stealth Scoop
    4874 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    You set the example for us all dirtlooter.
    dirtlooter likes this.

We are not what we take, we are what we leave.

us
    Title? old fart

Jun 2014
    mid western ARK
    7616 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (3)
    Quote Originally Posted by vferrari View Post
    The other thing is that if you are going to detect with discrimination, which I think is a personal decision for the detectorist to make based on the site and their own comfort level, then multitones (as you've selected) or pitch vs. full tones IS the way to go. I only go full tones if I decide to detect with no discrimination and I make that decision on a site specific basis consistent with my detecting objectives for the site (relics, coins, grid, zig zag, dig all, cherry pick, limited time, ability to revisit the site, how trashy, modern or ferrous trash (or both), how carefully I need to make the extraction plugs (i.e., manicured lawn vs. plowed field), etc.). I usually formulate some sort of plan and kind of stick to that plan (and settings) for the duration of a detecting session only changing things up if conditions change or when I am interrogating a specific target to make a dig decision. Your settings are good general purpose settings that can be used for most any detecting objective.
    so do you suggest that I change my disc to say 8 or less?

us
    Big Boys Hobbies

Jul 2005
    Moore Oklahoma
    Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
    642 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtlooter View Post
    so do you suggest that I change my disc to say 8 or less?
    I think 8 is a perfect spot and where I run mine. Seems to kill all the iron bleed over.
    dirtlooter likes this.

Contact us for fastest and best service around!

We will beat any price or deal. Have questions on a machine?
    Bart@BigBoysHobbies.net or Call or text 405-206-9010
    Minelab Metal Detectors, Whites Metal Detectors, Garrett Metal Detectors, XP Deus, Fisher Metal Detectors, Teknetics Metal Detectors

Minelab Partner of the year award for the USA 2012. Minelab Customer service award 2012 and 2013.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links