Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
it was just a year or so back that I was whining about not finding hardly any wheaties or mercs but then I got on a new permission. Today was my second hunt of this year, 1st hunt resulted in a Walker yahoo! I didn't see a need to post a pic of a 1942 Merc or the 4 wheaties, 29,38,40 and 41 that I found today. it has become a rare thing for me not to find a wheatie on this site and a merc, especially one in the 40s is no longer something super special. don't get me wrong, I was very excited to find it but I figure almost everyone has seen a 42 Merc. What is very cool though, is that these were found in an area that I had previously gridded (so was the last Walker). my newest settings had taken me to another level with the performance of my Deus. I really believe that a new Deus user who doesn't understand his machine or at least get some help in doing so is under utilizing it and may feel (incorrectly) that it isn't as good as it was supposed to be. I understand that the ability to change various settings can be confusing to a lot of us but once it begins to set in, you have several machines in one. I can easily see how my finds have increased and in quality as well as I have made this deus journey. I already can see where my newer settings have made my once hunted areas almost new areas again and I can't wait to get the HF coil with the 4.1 version. I was showing an older friend my coins and relics and he thought what I was showing him was from years of detecting. Nope, one year at this permission. At this rate, it will be quite a while before I am remotely through at this site. My previous hunting has been about like cherry picking the very top layer. I am getting better at digging tones and not going by the numbers. in fact, the tone was pretty sweet on the Merc but the numbers were not so good. I also quit one area for now, dug about six or eight 22 cases and there appeared to be a lot more. I dug a lot of pull rings and a couple deep crumpled brass pieces. most of today's targets hit pretty hard or were pretty easily repeated. I still had some that were ghostly and I am hoping that this is where the HF coil will shine. I am hoping that more relics will be revealed as well. I have to say that my growing in the Deus can be attributed to a lot of help from various people on this net. Yes, I have done my own experimenting as well but without the help received, it would have taken a lot longer. A guy could get used to finding a silver every trip, at least I could. DL

laidback4sho

Aug 31, 2014
Laconia, NH
Detector(s) used
Currently:
XP Deus v4.1
Minelab Equinox 800
Fisher Gold Bug 2

Previously:
Garrett GTA 500
Garrett Ultra GTA 1000
Garrett GTAx 1250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
it was just a year or so back that I was whining about not finding hardly any wheaties or mercs but then I got on a new permission. Today was my second hunt of this year, 1st hunt resulted in a Walker yahoo! I didn't see a need to post a pic of a 1942 Merc or the 4 wheaties, 29,38,40 and 41 that I found today. it has become a rare thing for me not to find a wheatie on this site and a merc, especially one in the 40s is no longer something super special. don't get me wrong, I was very excited to find it but I figure almost everyone has seen a 42 Merc. What is very cool though, is that these were found in an area that I had previously gridded (so was the last Walker). my newest settings had taken me to another level with the performance of my Deus. I really believe that a new Deus user who doesn't understand his machine or at least get some help in doing so is under utilizing it and may feel (incorrectly) that it isn't as good as it was supposed to be. I understand that the ability to change various settings can be confusing to a lot of us but once it begins to set in, you have several machines in one. I can easily see how my finds have increased and in quality as well as I have made this deus journey. I already can see where my newer settings have made my once hunted areas almost new areas again and I can't wait to get the HF coil with the 4.1 version. I was showing an older friend my coins and relics and he thought what I was showing him was from years of detecting. Nope, one year at this permission. At this rate, it will be quite a while before I am remotely through at this site. My previous hunting has been about like cherry picking the very top layer. I am getting better at digging tones and not going by the numbers. in fact, the tone was pretty sweet on the Merc but the numbers were not so good. I also quit one area for now, dug about six or eight 22 cases and there appeared to be a lot more. I dug a lot of pull rings and a couple deep crumpled brass pieces. most of today's targets hit pretty hard or were pretty easily repeated. I still had some that were ghostly and I am hoping that this is where the HF coil will shine. I am hoping that more relics will be revealed as well. I have to say that my growing in the Deus can be attributed to a lot of help from various people on this net. Yes, I have done my own experimenting as well but without the help received, it would have taken a lot longer. A guy could get used to finding a silver every trip, at least I could. DL
It's my opinion that once you get one of the HF coils, your find rate will go up even more. At least mine did.

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
congrats on the finds and hunt!

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keep hitting those old sites Dirtlooter, upload 4.1 WITH the LF coil and hit it again, then hit the site again with your HF coil when you get that!

WaterScoop

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2017
SW Washington
Detector(s) used
Nox 800,
CTX 3030,
XP DEUS,
Excalibur II
Garrett AT Max,
Whites DFX,
Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet Finds!

Congratulations

C6F8EAD1-008A-4E61-B141-3B0C68E38659.jpeg

tnsharpshooter

Jul 10, 2012
Tn
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus 2, Xp Deus 1, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like you had a great hunt.

Thanks for sharing.

DigDeepNow

Jul 14, 2016
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats.
Fun day........

OP
OP
dirtlooter

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I went back this morning, trying to beat the rain so I stayed closer to the truck. only found one wheatie and a little clad. I did clean out quite a bit of trash but no relics. the wheatie was pretty deep and I was hoping for an IH but I settled for the greenie. feels better to get out now, the sinus infection has about cleared up, the old bones seem to rattle a lot more now but I try to keep them moving. I did dig some great sounding foil but all in all, this place isn't terrible with it. happy hunting all, DL

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratulations on the nice finds! :occasion14:

fred57

Jul 22, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great to hear that you are out having fun, dirtlooter!

OP
OP
dirtlooter

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great to hear that you are out having fun, dirtlooter!

sometimes you have to make the time, especially at this time of the year. it is nice to see things finally coming together. I am really excited about the permission for this year but it is going to be a very busy year whether I want it to be or not. so, I won't be hunting as often as last year but hopefully I will be digging better quality finds.

Phishfindr

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2017
NEW ENGLAND
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Pro Pointer AT Z-Lynk, Lesche digging tools, Pack Mule finds bag by Freeloader.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats! Sound like you're off to a great 2018! :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread