Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I finally down loaded the 4.1 last night and hoped to hunt some today. Well, it was supposed to get up to 49 today with a 20 percent chance of rain, this evening. Well, it was really chilly and I wasn't quite prepared for the cold with the wet. So before my fingers froze out, I hurried about in an area that I had pretty much hunted hard and had been struggling to find repeatable targets. My 1st target was a deep thin brass piece about the size of a nickle, it had a 38 stamped on it and had a little hole. We used to call them chits, anyways, I was very surprised to find it and I believe it was on edge. Then came a very small brass rivet and a deep partial pull ring. I also found a thin narrow toasted pocket knife. Nearly back to the truck, I managed to find a partial shotgun headstamp in between some iron. By then, my fingers were screaming at me to stop and I couldn't feel the button on the orange carrot to turn it off. I wanted to go through an area that I had pretty well cleaned out of signals with my machine but that will have to wait. All and all for such a short hunt, I believe that it is an improvement and look forward to using it more before I am able to order my HF coil. I was pretty comfortable with the 3.2 version but wanted to coax more goodies out of this permission. I have had a history of waiting to see if the bugs had been mostly worked out of something new before I commit. Oh yeah, I barely got warmed up and then the hard rain hit. We are a long ways from 49 degrees too. it is supposed to rain the next 7 or 8 days so I was happy to at least make a few finds. Thanks all for all the help

OP
OP
dirtlooter

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
My HF funding has just become a reality and so the HF coil will be ordered very soon. very excited as is the wife who will get to use the LF coil. There are several very good detectors out there that can and do perform very well but it is both the weight issue (plus wireless) and being able to update that convinced me to go XP DEUS. We also have some awesome people on this net that are super helpful and ready to inform. Now the learning steps up again, gotta love it. DL

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nothing worse than getting rained on while detecting. Well I can think of a few others but it is bad! lol

Good luck with that new coil!

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The convenience of the light and wireless nature of the Deus (and a waterproof pouch for the control box) makes Poncho Hunting in the rain no problem with the Deus. I stay dry and the ground is nice and soft for digging. Now at some point, if it is really just pouring (with lightning), I would not be out there for fear the men in the white coats would be chasing me around the field so that I could be taken back to "the institution" to receive my "medication".

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread