Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree39Likes
  • 7 Post By Bob in Oregon
  • 1 Post By Txop
  • 9 Post By lookingharder
  • 2 Post By Txop
  • 5 Post By RustyGold
  • 2 Post By Joe hunter
  • 1 Post By Roundness
  • 4 Post By Carolina Tom
  • 4 Post By Owassokie
  • 2 Post By Bob in Oregon
  • 2 Post By Iron Buzz

Thread: What would you do?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Oct 2017
    North Texas
    XP Deus, X-terra with several coils, White's MXT, Whites Classic ID, Troy Shadow X2 (my first detector), and a carrot pin pointer.
    25 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

What would you do?

I have a question for you guys. Tomorrow here in North Texas it will be a high of 83 degrees! Can you believe this in the middle of winter. I have had a run of luck lately finding silver coins at houses being torn down. I have a long list of new lots.

The problem is the next 10 days shows dropping temperatures and rain everyday.

I am retired and just drive a school bus part-time and we are very short of drivers. I am thinking about calling in sick but feeling guilty because I have never done this in my entire working career.

What would you do?

us
    Aug 2017
    N.W. Oregon
    GPX, SD2200d XP Deus
    35 times
    Metal Detecting
    Since you’re part time, go to work and detect during your down time. You’ll sleep and detect better without your conscience bothering you.

us
    Oct 2017
    North Texas
    XP Deus, X-terra with several coils, White's MXT, Whites Classic ID, Troy Shadow X2 (my first detector), and a carrot pin pointer.
    25 times
    Bob,

Good advice. I have a 4 hour break that I can hunt during. Since I got the Deus I have been obsessed with getting out as much as I can.

it's still tempting to take off .

Harold
    Loco-Digger likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Feb 2015
    Virginia
    Whites Coin Master. Garrett AT Gold, Garrett Ace 350
    649 times
    Txop, an old story comes to mind. A preacher decides hes going to skip church Sunday morning and go golfing, so he calls the head deacon and with a fake cough, he tells the deacon he cant make it to church and he's going to have to give the sermon. The preacher hits the golf course and is having the best game he has ever had. He's driving the ball 300 yards right down the fairway, he's sinking 40 foot putts. Mean while God and St. Peter are watching. The preacher continues to have the best round of golf of his life. After the 18th hole, the preacher has broken the course record by 15 strokes. St. Peter looks at God and ask,"why did you let him golf that way" " he had the best game of his life" God rely's "Yes he did, But who is going to able to tell" Drive the bus because little ones are counting on you. Your great finds will be that much more enjoyable when you get back to your honey hole.

us
    Oct 2017
    North Texas
    25 times
    That's a good story. I guess I'll go in.

You guys surprised me. I thought everyone would tell me to call in

I actually enjoy driving the kids. It's a great job for a retired job if you like kids.

Hopefully I'll find some silver tomorrow. 4 hours sounds like a long time but when you are detecting it goes by pretty quick.

Thanks again for the replies.
    Loco-Digger and Indiana Mark like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Aug 2013
    OC, CA
    XP Deus Sovereign GT
    4209 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    When your conscience is clear, your mind will be unfettered so you can concentrate on those target signals without distraction. Drive the Bus then drive the detector. Best of Luck!

Charter Member
    us
    Mar 2013
    Up state NY
    Xp Deus ,
    1413 times
    Hi ,Devils advocate here.Last summer I called in sick to metal detect.Its the only time Iíve done this but for some reason it was very liberating to blow off others for myself.I believe we always worry about the expectations others put on us and ignore our own wants.Sometimes itís great to just live for you
    (This applies only to those of us that are always the backbone)Me generation please disregard this post.

us
    Big Boys Hobbies

Jul 2005
    Moore Oklahoma
    Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
    610 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob in Oregon View Post
    Since you’re part time, go to work and detect during your down time. You’ll sleep and detect better without your conscience bothering you.
    Agreed! Just think of all those sweet little snot nosed kids that will miss you! ha ha

Contact us for fastest and best service around!

We will beat any price or deal. Have questions on a machine?
    Bart@BigBoysHobbies.net or Call or text 405-206-9010
    Minelab Metal Detectors, Whites Metal Detectors, Garrett Metal Detectors, XP Deus, Fisher Metal Detectors, Teknetics Metal Detectors

Minelab Partner of the year award for the USA 2012. Minelab Customer service award 2012 and 2013.

us
    Eddie

Apr 2013
    La Vergne, TN
    Garrett Pinpointer, White's TRX, Garrett AT Max, White's V3i
    136 times
    Metal Detecting
    Got to agree with Bob in Oregon. Go in and detect on your own time. Can't let down the ones that depend on us most. Just not good practice.
    lookingharder likes this.
    "HAVE DECTECTOR - WILL DIG FOR CHEESEBURGERS"

us
    Silver Coin Fiend

Apr 2014
    Charlotte
    XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
    12527 times
    Digging In Strangers Front Yards
    You wouldn't have asked the question, if you didn't already know the answer.

Good luck sir.

Jun 2012
    Oklahoma
    123 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Txop View Post
    That's a good story. I guess I'll go in.

You guys surprised me. I thought everyone would tell me to call in

I actually enjoy driving the kids. It's a great job for a retired job if you like kids.

Hopefully I'll find some silver tomorrow. 4 hours sounds like a long time but when you are detecting it goes by pretty quick.

Thanks again for the replies.
    I think you're getting so many surprising answers because of how important your job is. I know schools are always looking for bus drivers. It's important we have solid individuals carrying our beloved kids to school and back.

OO

us
    Aug 2017
    N.W. Oregon
    GPX, SD2200d XP Deus
    35 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Txop View Post

It seems to me that a person that goes to work, enjoys their job and is able to go detect everyday is twice paid.

Good luck out there and happy hunting
    TommyGlad and RustyGold like this.

Oct 2016
    South St Paul, MN
    First Detector: Garret Ace 300 Main Detector: XP Deus Most Recent Detector: Fisher F75 SE
    883 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Take the kids on an impromptu field trip!!
    RustyGold and Bob in Oregon like this.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links