Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ah, ha! My specialty. I have the 9" elliptical coil for me Deus. Since I got it late last summer I almost exclusively use it. They will pull tiny items out very deep, and big non ferrous items even deeper than what you want to dig! In a foundation and around it, I would use the 28.8 frequency or the 74 frequency. They punch deeper. I got some small buck shot from a colonial field today at 5 to 7". One "bad" signal was half an aluminum can at 18". I was getting tired of digging that hole. In your situation a copper at 6" will blow your ears off with the HF coil. It excels in deep items. For a better idea, check out my thread on the colonial relics from the other day. That was run at 74 hkz with the Deus Fast mode. And go slow. No need to be in a rush. Better to do a small area slowly than to cover a lot of ground fast.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Joe hunter

Joe hunter

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2013
Up state NY
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus ,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks ,I was kind of leaning elliptical my 9 in lf is still killing it so I thought a revisit to my better spots with some new weapons might prove fruitful.I will definitely check out your thread.Thanks for your help and for posting your amazing finds it gets me through these long winters .

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just drive down to the Jersey coast and do some beaches! Wednesday it's supposed to be 75 degrees here. Unreal.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not sure I'll go back to the standard coil.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have both the round and the elliptical HF. I am partial to the round for no particular reason than I'm used to it. The elliptical is like a laser pointer. Both kill it at 28 khz, mid-conductor, high conductor. Doesn't matter. Separates in trash like nobody's business. You can't go wrong with either, but cellar holes probably like the elliptical form factor better.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Vferrari is correct. Today of all things I bought a new Tesoro Vaquero. With that huge coil, it's more like a nuke than a laser. In a farm field with little metal it will go deep. Won't replace the Deus by any stretch, but a new toy is a good thing. Especially in the winter. I have one special use for it.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh yeah, forgot to mention, just like Smokey, I haven't put my LF coil back on for a hunt since I first installed the HF coil in July.

OP
OP
Joe hunter

Joe hunter

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2013
Up state NY
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus ,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The weather is going to get nice later this week I’m going to drive a little south and try to sneak in a hunt .Not Jersey ,though I love it there and have friends it’s just to far .ill probably order the coil today and let you know how I do .I appreciate everyone’s input I’m excited about this season I’ve got some great permissions and can’t wait to post some finds of my own.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One of the true joys in life, having a new toy AND new permissions.

OP
OP
Joe hunter

Joe hunter

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2013
Up state NY
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus ,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One of the true joys in life, having a new toy AND new permissions.

Indeed it is .and thanks for all you do for the deus community .I don’t comment as often as I should but I read it all and try a lot of settings and techniques you and others recommend.If your ever in the area let me know so we can get together and compare coil sizes.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Indeed it is .and thanks for all you do for the deus community .I don’t comment as often as I should but I read it all and try a lot of settings and techniques you and others recommend.If your ever in the area let me know so we can get together and compare coil sizes.

Thanks, Joe. Will do.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions