New deus and need help

rickbrk

Jan 2, 2013
Floresville TX.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
New dues came in today unboxed it and put everything on the charger while I read the manual. Remote is charged and the ws4 headphones are charged. Coil I believe is charged since the led was lit solid for a bit but now flashes once every 3-4 seconds and according to manual it should be charged.. My problem is I get a no coil on the remote.. the headphones show the coil icon but says the battery is dead.. So far out a the box and can't use it.. please help

Digalotajunk

Jan 4, 2018
KCMO
Detector(s) used
Have used a Bounty hunter "Lone Star," Tesoro "Cibola." I now use an XP Deus.
MI6 pinpointer
Lesche digging tool
Predator piranha shovel
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Does not sound like your coil is programmed into your remote.

Digalotajunk

Jan 4, 2018
KCMO
Detector(s) used
MI6 pinpointer
Lesche digging tool
Predator piranha shovel
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hit "options", then "coils" is there a serial number showing?

Digalotajunk

Jan 4, 2018
KCMO
Detector(s) used
MI6 pinpointer
Lesche digging tool
Predator piranha shovel
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
It still is not connecting up? I have had this issue in the field before. It just comes back online by itself. Have u tried turning the headphones off and justvturning on the remote?

Digalotajunk

Jan 4, 2018
KCMO
Detector(s) used
MI6 pinpointer
Lesche digging tool
Predator piranha shovel
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Is it in v4 or v4.1?

OP
OP
R

rickbrk

Jan 2, 2013
Floresville TX.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yes I tried it both ways the headphones show a coil icon but says battery is dead but this thing has been charging for 5 hours led blinks every 4 seconds which I guess is standby mode

Digalotajunk

Jan 4, 2018
KCMO
Detector(s) used
MI6 pinpointer
Lesche digging tool
Predator piranha shovel
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That's a thinker... i bought mine on 3.5, didn't have this issue. Does the coil icon blink on the remote, but shows no battery level?

OP
OP
R

rickbrk

Jan 2, 2013
Floresville TX.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Only shows coil icon on headphones not remote doesn't blink just shows battery on coil is dead

Digalotajunk

Jan 4, 2018
KCMO
Detector(s) used
MI6 pinpointer
Lesche digging tool
Predator piranha shovel
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I would try to update it to 4.1. If the coil is really not connected, it wont let you update.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I concur upgrading to 4.1 may easily do the trick. Just follow the upgrade instructions carefully, and then make sure the coil, main unit and hockey puck are talking to one another.

OP
OP
R

rickbrk

Jan 2, 2013
Floresville TX.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
But I can't get them to talk to each other now lol how do I delete a coil from the remote? I afraid to update it if I have to send it back. So far I am very disappointed with the deus..

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can you say where your purchased your Deus. Usually, TNET vendors are very helpful with just a phone call.

You say you think its 3.2. Are you just guessing? What number displays when you first turn on the remote and headphones, is it "32", "40", "41"?

I would put the coil on the charger again. And check the serial number very carefully, it is a combination of letters and digits sometimes the digits can be mistaken for letters and vice versa (e.g., 0 vs O).

I know its frustrating, but try these things out and then come back and post the results or try to get in touch with whoever sold you the machine. Sometimes you just get a lemon (DOA coil). It happens to all manufacturers equipment. If its under warranty you can get XP Americas or sometimes even your dealer to ship a replacement coil out fairly quickly.

But indeed if you are finding the Deus too frustrating and too complicated, you might want to consider something a little less complicated and a lot less expensive but still very capable. However, what I'm talking about is playing hard to get at the moment. Post back if you want to know more.

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

rickbrk

Jan 2, 2013
Floresville TX.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It is version 3.2 coil number is 057850 when putting number in the only letters available are a-f so it's not o the machine is not to hard to use I just need it to work I did try to get a hold of the dealer will try again in the morning as far as a dud, well they should test units before they leave the factory..

OP
OP
R

rickbrk

Jan 2, 2013
Floresville TX.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I re installed 3.2 and that solved the problem. Thank you guys very much.. tomorrow a test drive

Digalotajunk

Jan 4, 2018
KCMO
Detector(s) used
MI6 pinpointer
Lesche digging tool
Predator piranha shovel
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Your work has only begun! Have had my Deus a year, i feel very comfortable with my knowledge at this time, but i learn new things REGULARLY. Happy hunting!

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is version 3.2 coil number is 057850 when putting number in the only letters available are a-f so it's not o the machine is not to hard to use I just need it to work I did try to get a hold of the dealer will try again in the morning as far as a dud, well they should test units before they leave the factory..

Hey just using a quick and dirty example off the top of my head. Just trying to give you things to try. Sorry if I had you barking up the wrong tree. You seemed pretty frustrated. Glad you figured it out.

If you re-installed 3.2 successfully, highly recommend you go to version 4.1. Might as well learn the unit using latest SW as the user interface is tweaked slightly and 4.X has some significant benefits over 3.2 including increased low-end discrimination range, improved ground tracking, ability to connect to the new HF coils and pinpointer, and some new default programs.

Regarding failures. All manufacturers do factory acceptance testing, but sometimes though they break in transit due to mishandling or a component fails after a short period of operation. It's called infant mortality and happens to all complex electronics devices. No manufacturer is immune to shipping DOA units on occasion.

Basic 1 will get you started, but I recommend Deus fast as it is more responsive and does not cut in some of the Basic 1 filtering that can affect depth (i.e., Silencer). Use 8 or 12 khz as a good all around search frequency. Also, recommend 5 tones to start, but you might want to experiment with full tones once you get used the machine.

Enjoy.

Last edited:

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
You are the man vferrari. One of the things I like about my Deus is all the helpful posts from everyone concerning the Deus’ operation.
I haven’t upgraded to 4.1 yet as I wanted to get some more time in on 4.0.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Haven’t gotten around to loading 4.1, either. Want to but just hasn’t been a priority.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread