Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Finally got the new HF coil today but it is pouring rain even now. Somebody said that we got over 10 inches this week and expecting more. Well, the coil is paired and needed a little charge so I got it topping off. I have a couple spots that I really want to try but they will have to wait until the water drains off. pretty stoked, ready to see how the 4.1 plus the HF coil perform. I want to see how it does in the iron and like most of you, I have the iron. and now round two in the waiting game!

parkgt

Feb 19, 2013
Western AR
Detector(s) used
NOX 800, XP Deus, previous CTX and 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
UPS just dropped off another HF (elliptical) in Western AR today. Will be waiting for the same rain to drain away.

But it was a good day to burn a huge brush pile from pond construction, been waiting almost two years for the right conditions.

Joe hunter

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2013
Up state NY
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus ,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That’s funny I got mine today as well .probably won’t see action until the end of the week.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You won't regret it. I took mine for a spin today in the most horrid red dirt in the world. There are gold bearing iron veins running through the entire area! I put it all the way up to 74khz and it read some of the rocks as targets, but this spot is from the pit of perdition. I needed to hear some of the rocks and move them, oh the good stuff underneath! Went to a fallen tree where we got a few nice items, about 20 minutes in I got an iffy signal and pulled out my first ever Civil War kepi hat letter "A". I had dug a little too deep and when I flipped it out it was sitting on top of the dirt. The coil excels in small objects at depth. It screams when it finds silver-or gold. Mine sucks gold out of the ground.

OP
OP
dirtlooter

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
our internet service is spotty at best now as are our cell phones but my new coil looks pretty awesome as it sits quietly and waits. I have two programs ready and plan to have a 3rd very quickly. guess I can do some air testing for fun. Good luck you guys with the new coils too. DL

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cant wait to see what you find!

parkgt

Feb 19, 2013
Western AR
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Smokey,

What program(s) and/or settings to you find work well with the elliptical?

Digalotajunk

Jan 4, 2018
KCMO
Detector(s) used
Have used a Bounty hunter "Lone Star," Tesoro "Cibola." I now use an XP Deus.
MI6 pinpointer
Lesche digging tool
Predator piranha shovel
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Can't WAIT to get one! Lookin at 2 months on mine. At least I'll have it for my summer hunts! Keep us posted.

OP
OP
dirtlooter

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
stuck inside but did some air testing and like what I am seeing. I have about three programs set up now, one using the Deep program as a starter or a base program. hitting the gold pretty darn good and nickles way deep. I may use this one as my general hunting one with the others for other purposes. My general hunting isn't very trash free but not as bad as some places. I used to be strictly a push button and go hunter but now I have options and actually understand them more so. Do to health issues, I hunt when I feel like it, or sometimes limited go anyhow hunts. I don't tend to hunt like a lot of you do on marathon hunts so I hope to maximize my time out there and this HF coil should help a lot with that. From what I learned already, I was able to make a couple better programs for my wife with her LF coil. Still getting loads of rain plus storm. A tornado passes very closely to my son's how earlier but he and his neighbors were spared. about the time I think that I can at least take it outside to do a quick walk around the flooded tundra, the bottom falls out again along with the lightening. I have a couple small gold chains that I had struggled to pick up before but now the Hf coil hits pretty good, not as well as a gold ring but good enough. Got lots to look forward to plus got an apple pie in the works, so the house is smelling pretty good. wish you guys could sample some with me...okay, only a couple of you. :laughing7:

OP
OP
dirtlooter

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
the weather broke right before dark and we had to get out and at least swing. we walked in water and marked about fifteen targets for later, maybe tomorrow. these were in an area that we hit quite a bit as we pass thru and I was surprised to find so many. my wife tried to dig one but quickly gave up for the water and mud. she absolutely loves the LF coil, I just had it a little too noisy for her but that is an easy fix. I do believe that in the very short hunt, that I could see better target separation.

parkgt

Feb 19, 2013
Western AR
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dirtlooter; I do believe that in the very short hunt said:
So what program and settings did you decide to start with?

OP
OP
dirtlooter

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
So what program and settings did you decide to start with?

5-DEEP, disc 5.5 5-Tones Sens 96 Freq 28.8 Iron Vol 1 Reac 2 Silencer -1 Audio Resp 5 Audio overload 1 notch 00-00,, to start with, subject to mod as I go and learn. Still have to see how it does around the iron but this is for an area that is lightly trashy.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread