Full tones or pitch for relics? What I use and why.. my new relic program

beep1971

Jan 3, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think originally i made mine from the deep program as my soils tough enough, so needed the extra depth.
I'm running the AKA Signum at the moment and it has a similar program to the Deus full tones, but it has the added iron tone break that the Deus badly needed for working iron.
Saying that, it doesn't separate like the Deus, but it has it's strong points in tough ground.

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Calabash Digger I would like to thank you for all your information you post on here. I am sure a lot of Deus users appreciate your EFFORTS ```
Thanks BUDDY !!!

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think originally i made mine from the deep program as my soils tough enough, so needed the extra depth.
I'm running the AKA Signum at the moment and it has a similar program to the Deus full tones, but it has the added iron tone break that the Deus badly needed for working iron.
Saying that, it doesn't separate like the Deus, but it has it's strong points in tough ground.

Beep1971 - just a comment regarding using the Deep program In "tough" soil. I am assuming by tough you mean highly mineralized soil. Note that the Deep program has TX power set to 3 which is not an ideal setting for mid to high mineralized (aka "hot" soil). Because of the iron backscatter of the transmitted higher power signal, it can actually degrade depth performance (a lot of folks use the analogy of using high beams in fog) so lowering TX power to 2 or sometimes even 1 may be needed to optimize performance in hot soil. This doesn't matter if you are using the HF coils becsuse they are all locked at TX power of 2. HTH HH

Patriot Relics

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2014
Lowcountry, South Carolina / Richmond, Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
CTX-3030, Deus XP II
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great video buddy, pitch and HF are certainly killer tools when it come to iron. Are you still swinging full tones or pitch when out in the open scouting - be curious to see your version of the legendary hot settings.

Last edited:

secondstar

Mar 11, 2017
North Central Connecticut
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox, Garrett Ace Apex
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Calabash, this is an old thread so hopefully you see my post... I have the LF 11 inch coil, this program should work in 12K or 18K right?

Mike

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, pitch works for any frequency. However, specific to relic hunting, since most relics are comprised of mid conductors (e.g., brass, lead) the higher frequencies tend to give stronger signals on relics at depth, which is why Calabash and I favor the the HF coil. In general terms, the higher frequencies cannot penetrate as deep as the lower frequencies which are optimal for high conductive targets such as copper and silver coins. Nevertheless, we have had great success recovering relics using 25 - 28 khz which seems to be a sweet spot frequency for buttons. That being said, 8 and 12 khz can be used for relic hunting and are great middle of the road frequencies that can be successfully used for both relic hunting and coin shooting.

secondstar

Mar 11, 2017
North Central Connecticut
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox, Garrett Ace Apex
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks vferrari! The process of learning the XP Deus is made much easier thanks to experts such as both yourself and calabash.

Mike

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread