LOVE this pitch program!

Digalotajunk

Jan 4, 2018
KCMO
Detector(s) used
Have used a Bounty hunter "Lone Star," Tesoro "Cibola." I now use an XP Deus.
MI6 pinpointer
Lesche digging tool
Predator piranha shovel
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The Deus was pointin em out, i was diggin em up! The horseshoes are civil war. 20180301_220033.jpg 20180301_090702.jpg 20180301_102705.jpg 20180301_220132.jpg

OP
OP
Digalotajunk

Digalotajunk

Jan 4, 2018
KCMO
Detector(s) used
MI6 pinpointer
Lesche digging tool
Predator piranha shovel
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Sorry, most of the pics are sideways...

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
it happens my post in todays finds did that. congrats on the finds.

OP
OP
Digalotajunk

Digalotajunk

Jan 4, 2018
KCMO
Detector(s) used
MI6 pinpointer
Lesche digging tool
Predator piranha shovel
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
it happens my post in todays finds did that. congrats on the finds.
I give you the props on this program, my friend! I totally got it from you. Been runnin in the 8kz now, too. That has increased my finds CONSIDERABLY. Thanks, again CD!

Bharpring

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2016
Savannah, GA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus HF coils, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
great job on the finds!

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
congrats on the awesome finds and the program usage. a confidence booster for sure

shanegalang

Bronze Member
Oct 31, 2007
Island of Mozambique
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, X 35 coil, 11" LF coil, Deteknix headphones with WS4 puck, Fiskars steel D-Handle Transplanting Spade
Primary Interest:
Other
The pitch program? As in the original (#4??) Pitch?

OP
OP
Digalotajunk

Digalotajunk

Jan 4, 2018
KCMO
Detector(s) used
MI6 pinpointer
Lesche digging tool
Predator piranha shovel
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The pitch program? As in the original (#4??) Pitch?
It's a variation of that program, yes. I run my machine a bit "hotter" than the original program. It works remarkably well in low trash, high iron infested areas.

gsxraddict

Sep 21, 2005
Resaca, GA
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox 800, Whites V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I've been running it at 54khz in my iron infested civil war campsite and found more in the last week than I have in months over the same ground.

I found a nice 3 piece cuff button with a nail in the same hole.

parkgt

Feb 19, 2013
Western AR
Detector(s) used
NOX 800, XP Deus, previous CTX and 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been running it at 54khz in my iron infested civil war campsite and found more in the last week than I have in months over the same ground.

I found a nice 3 piece cuff button with a nail in the same hole.

Dig you check the target with other programs or frequencies to see if they would hit it?

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A lot of times other freqs and tones will hit AFTER you have found it and honed in on it. Would they have stopped you and alerted you ???? Don't know ...

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't use the pitch program. There are so many items side by side in my one CW site, you'd go nuts trying to find them. The HF coil at 74khz nails the little items, but sometimes I have to bump it back down to 28khz to eliminate some of the rocks the soldiers put in the walls of their huts. Now if I had a wide open field, that would be a different animal.

parkgt

Feb 19, 2013
Western AR
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A lot of times other freqs and tones will hit AFTER you have found it and honed in on it. Would they have stopped you and alerted you ???? Don't know ...

CD,

If another program or settings hit after finding a target I can't understand why they also wouldn't have hit it to begin with? The degree of the alert may not be the same; maybe better maybe worse.

I also like the pitch program you showed us and have used it this week on several hunts. In no case yet have I found a target with the pitch program that one or more other programs couldn't hit. This could be target specific or site related and there may be targets that only pitch will alert well enough on to cause a dig.

I typically use 5 tones with the highest set at or above 900, so the alerts are pretty obvious in most cases on highly conductive. The pitch settings you showed does make things obvious and I will continue to use it along with other favorite settings.

I don't believe that any one program or settings will alert to all targets depending on orientation to other metals in the ground and swing direction in relationship to them. Some testing shows me that Gold Field will hit on some coins located with nails in some orientations that provides alerts or better alerts than most other settings. Although I will not use Gold Field as general hunting program; some sites will be revisited with it.

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Example AT pro ill hit a lot of targets Deus finds after its found because you have it isolated and have the coil placed over. Introduce the swing speed and target disappears........ Now does this happen with Deus in 5 tones don't know I Have never liked the deus in 2 , 3, 5 tone settings . That's probably because I started with full tones. The bins on the tones would have a lot to do with it too. Pitch makes the lowest conducter squeal high where 5 tones might throw it into the low tone bin and you might pass it over... just a thought

OP
OP
Digalotajunk

Digalotajunk

Jan 4, 2018
KCMO
Detector(s) used
MI6 pinpointer
Lesche digging tool
Predator piranha shovel
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
CD,

If another program or settings hit after finding a target I can't understand why they also wouldn't have hit it to begin with? The degree of the alert may not be the same; maybe better maybe worse.

I also like the pitch program you showed us and have used it this week on several hunts. In no case yet have I found a target with the pitch program that one or more other programs couldn't hit. This could be target specific or site related and there may be targets that only pitch will alert well enough on to cause a dig.

I typically use 5 tones with the highest set at or above 900, so the alerts are pretty obvious in most cases on highly conductive. The pitch settings you showed does make things obvious and I will continue to use it along with other favorite settings.

I don't believe that any one program or settings will alert to all targets depending on orientation to other metals in the ground and swing direction in relationship to them. Some testing shows me that Gold Field will hit on some coins located with nails in some orientations that provides alerts or better alerts than most other settings. Although I will not use Gold Field as general hunting program; some sites will be revisited with it.
The pitch program works best in iron. I work in A LOT of barbed wire. It will pick out the good target regardless of the proximity of iron. Whereas my full tone program might or might not hit on it. The machine only has a split second to alert you to a target. You're not gonna be walkin around in circles and analyzing every target, from every angle, everytime. You would only be making 5 holes on a 2 hour hunt! It will also tell you about big iron targets. I'm lookin for a cannonball right now. The pitch will give me a heads up on big iron. The 2 horseshoes i found here, and a toothed chisel that i found, were all pointed out as being iron because of the sound of the pitch, and i knew they were big and a shot at being a cannonball. You have to get to know the ground you're working, to know which program is best for that setting. I don't use pitch everywhere...if i used it at a park, with a bunch of can slaw, it would drive you NUTS and confuse you. That is where i would bring out one of my full tone programs.

parkgt

Feb 19, 2013
Western AR
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It will also tell you about big iron targets. I'm lookin for a cannonball right now. The pitch will give me a heads up on big iron. The 2 horseshoes i found here, and a toothed chisel that i found, were all pointed out as being iron because of the sound of the pitch,

I haven't yet encountered iron as big as a large horseshoe or a cannon ball. How does pitch alert to big iron in a way that other programs can't?

parkgt

Feb 19, 2013
Western AR
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The bins on the tones would have a lot to do with it too. Pitch makes the lowest conducter squeal high where 5 tones might throw it into the low tone bin and you might pass it over... just a thought

Your right how one sets up the bins has a lot to do with what one wants to be alerted to the most. You can make anything squeal that you want. Of course with the HF coils the spread get much more condensed compared to running in 8k with the LF coils. Not sure that 5 tones are as useful with HF coils, could probably get by with less.

OP
OP
Digalotajunk

Digalotajunk

Jan 4, 2018
KCMO
Detector(s) used
MI6 pinpointer
Lesche digging tool
Predator piranha shovel
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
If i was in a clean field running a full tone program, a horseshoe is going to give a false high tone, and from the lack of targets in say, a ploughed field, you're gonna dig it, and get that horseshoe that way. In thick iron, on the pitch program, you will get the same false signal, and i got them that way. Let me explain. On the pitch program, in thick iron (because this program is task specific) there are 3 tones you hear. A low grunt; which tells you where iron is. I have my iron tone at 1. I like to know where fence lines are, or in flat nails, where i can tell the parameters of an old building. Then, there is the "sweet" tone; THAT one gives you your high conductors (digable targets.) Then, there is a 3rd tone; This tone is kinda hard to explain, unless you hear it. CD describes it as a "forced" tone. And when that 3rd tone hits all the way around that target, then baby, you got yourself a nice big piece of iron!

parkgt

Feb 19, 2013
Western AR
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Digalotajunk;5725571) Then said:
Now that you have explained it, I have heard all three tones. I dug up a large (2" plus) rusty iron washer today that had that "forced" tone.

Thanks

OP
OP
Digalotajunk

Digalotajunk

Jan 4, 2018
KCMO
Detector(s) used
MI6 pinpointer
Lesche digging tool
Predator piranha shovel
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Now that you have explained it, I have heard all three tones. I dug up a large (2" plus) rusty iron washer today that had that "forced" tone.

Thanks
I was just thinking about it, and there IS a 4th tone. It is below the "sweet" signal. It is a clear mid tone. I haven't dug enough in this tone, to give an educated guess as to what kinda targets give off this tone...I'll add to this, if i figure it out.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions