Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
didn't have as much time this morning but managed to somehow find the 41 merc and a no date Jefferson. The nickle was a hard hitting signal and when it came out, it was very green and had me a little confused, never seen one green like that. The merc didn't sound like silver at all and I was surprised to see it. it was fairly deep as well but the tone still had me wondering if there was another coin in with it. I checked the hole and "plug" and sure enough there was another signal. unfortunately it was a flattened ball of foil. I am getting somewhat better with Full Tones at knowing that I am most likely digging iron with the occasional surprise. I am really loving this 28 kz at this point. The coins today were found in an area that I was certain to be slim pickings at best and yet they hit pretty hard. I can see where the higher freqs can possibly find some targets previously missed. #16 silver for year so far, I am getting so spoiled by the silver finds. yeah, the pull tabs and pull rings hit really hard too but oh well. I also found some more clad but they were pretty shallow. Glad I got off the fence and got the HF coil, well worth the investment.

Attachments

• 20180307_115701.jpg
    20180307_115701.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 60

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

HuntinDog

Bronze Member
May 26, 2010
No. Cal.
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS / MXT PRO / Garrett ProPointer
You must be hunt'n in a silver mine...
Great job
Congrats

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a great permission. I can imagine Dirtlooter saying, "I need a pick me up, I think I will go get me some silver..."

OP
OP
dirtlooter

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
What a great permission. I can imagine Dirtlooter saying, "I need a pick me up, I think I will go get me some silver..."

not always, today was hard hunting for only a buff and a wheatie. I have hunted a lot, sometimes 5 or 6 times a week to find what I find. I am usually dragging pretty bad by the time I get to the truck. I dug several very faint targets today only to lose the signal, not sure what happened on them. the merc from yesterday was actually my second target, that has never happened before. I am digging a lot more deeper mid conductors and foil using the HF coil. I never dreamed of finding this many silvers, especially at one site.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
not always, today was hard hunting for only a buff and a wheatie. I have hunted a lot, sometimes 5 or 6 times a week to find what I find. I am usually dragging pretty bad by the time I get to the truck. I dug several very faint targets today only to lose the signal, not sure what happened on them. the merc from yesterday was actually my second target, that has never happened before. I am digging a lot more deeper mid conductors and foil using the HF coil. I never dreamed of finding this many silvers, especially at one site.

Yep. Old nickels and pennies are just as fun IMO. Too bad they don't usually come out of the ground as pretty as silver, tho.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread