GPS Tracking

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have a garmin etrex I use in the field, it'll be interesting to hear of those whom use their phone.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use it. I wish it would just track without having to set up the site boundaries. I like the track plots. The target photo documentation is a little wonky but not a bad program overall. I use ONX hunts also for site tracking and for documenting finds. You used to be able to save a photo tag when laying down a waypoint but they removed that functionality in the last ONX update so I sought out other solutions and ended up with Detect o Trak. Frankly, I am hoping the functionality comes back to ONX hunts because I preferred that. I cannot find another program that has Detect o Trak's functionality in the mean time, so I have stuck with it. HTH

OP
OP
HuntinDog

HuntinDog

Bronze Member
May 26, 2010
No. Cal.
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS / MXT PRO / Garrett ProPointer
Thanks Vferrari
I've always wanted to see where I covered in a field while hunting.
I thought this one looked good with it's picture tagging.
I'll also look into the one you use and see how it may work.

Edit...
Looked for Detect O Trak and find no listing???

Last edited:

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It’s Tect O Trak like you wrote, I was just being sloppy when referring to it.

IN DA HOLE

Banned
Sep 18, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MyTracks is a free app for iPhone and works great and is easily exportable to google earth to keep all your tracks in one place and to see if you have a lot of finds in one area. If you want very tight gps points I suggest getting an external power block to power your phone.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread