Deus HF 81 kHz vrs Fisher Gold Bug 2 71 kHZ for gold nuggets?

diggerdoodah

Dec 1, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok yes the title is miss leading sorry. I have not been able to find any true field test not junk air test of Deus 81 kHZ vrs GB2 71 Khz. I sure most of the people using the Deus are coin and relic hunters but there has got to be a few that detect for gold out there. I would love to see a side by side in the field on real gold targets. Someone in Arizona has got to have a dry wash with bedrock to test both out on. Someone in gold country somewhere?
If anyone has any link to real videos that are not air test on real native gold please post them thks

laidback4sho

Aug 31, 2014
Laconia, NH
Detector(s) used
Currently:
XP Deus v4.1
Minelab Equinox 800
Fisher Gold Bug 2

Previously:
Garrett GTA 500
Garrett Ultra GTA 1000
Garrett GTAx 1250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use the elliptical coil to hunt for nuggets and it does very well. However, I don't have a GB2 to compare it with. I'd like to see some tests done as well.

OP
OP
D

diggerdoodah

Dec 1, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
laidback how small of gold have you found with the HF ? I do have a gold area about a hr away found a few small flakes crevasing no detector that oldtimers tell me there is no gold . Want to take a gold detector up there but if I can get on detector that can small gold hunt and coin and relic that the way I want to go.

laidback4sho

Aug 31, 2014
Laconia, NH
Detector(s) used
Currently:
XP Deus v4.1
Minelab Equinox 800
Fisher Gold Bug 2

Previously:
Garrett GTA 500
Garrett Ultra GTA 1000
Garrett GTAx 1250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
laidback how small of gold have you found with the HF ? I do have a gold area about a hr away found a few small flakes crevasing no detector that oldtimers tell me there is no gold . Want to take a gold detector up there but if I can get on detector that can small gold hunt and coin and relic that the way I want to go.
Half a gram almost blew my headphones off. It will detect smaller though with no problem.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Point Blank, almost Everyone that has spent time on gold claims nuggetshooting will use the Goldbug II. Sub-Grain gold. The Deus may be great, but NOBODY uses them seriously for nuggetshooting except LaidBack4Sho, but he's a magic man in New Hampshire, so I ain't gonna argue with him! :thumbsup:

OP
OP
D

diggerdoodah

Dec 1, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Point Blank, almost Everyone that has spent time on gold claims nuggetshooting will use the Goldbug II. Sub-Grain gold. The Deus may be great, but NOBODY uses them seriously for nuggetshooting except LaidBack4Sho, but he's a magic man in New Hampshire, so I ain't gonna argue with him! :thumbsup:

Deus could snag some of that gb2 market if they where smart and proved live digs in gold fields with the hf 81 khz . If I was a detector dealer and in gold country I would be testing and comparing against all vlf gold machine and posting videos . The Deus is a better price point the minelab except maybe the NOX, but even then the nox isn't proven for sub-grain gold .
A all in one vlf under $2k I would be sold no prob just need recorded digs not after the fact .

laidback4sho

Aug 31, 2014
Laconia, NH
Detector(s) used
Currently:
XP Deus v4.1
Minelab Equinox 800
Fisher Gold Bug 2

Previously:
Garrett GTA 500
Garrett Ultra GTA 1000
Garrett GTAx 1250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Point Blank, almost Everyone that has spent time on gold claims nuggetshooting will use the Goldbug II. Sub-Grain gold. The Deus may be great, but NOBODY uses them seriously for nuggetshooting except LaidBack4Sho, but he's a magic man in New Hampshire, so I ain't gonna argue with him! [emoji106]
Lol, yeah I use it because that's all I have. But for me, it works wonders. I actually started to get a GB2, but then XP came out with their HF coils and I figured I'd wait and see how they performed. Probably never will get a GB2 now. If I do upgrade, it'll be to the big boy, the GPZ7000.

laidback4sho

Aug 31, 2014
Laconia, NH
Detector(s) used
Currently:
XP Deus v4.1
Minelab Equinox 800
Fisher Gold Bug 2

Previously:
Garrett GTA 500
Garrett Ultra GTA 1000
Garrett GTAx 1250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Deus could snag some of that gb2 market if they where smart and proved live digs in gold fields with the hf 81 khz . If I was a detector dealer and in gold country I would be testing and comparing against all vlf gold machine and posting videos . The Deus is a better price point the minelab except maybe the NOX, but even then the nox isn't proven for sub-grain gold .
A all in one vlf under $2k I would be sold no prob just need recorded digs not after the fact .

For $2k you could get a Gold Bug 2, an Equinox 800, and still have money left over for a pin pointer or other accessory.

gadabout

Tenderfoot
Dec 6, 2017
Western Washington USA
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 11" LF 9"HF elliptical

Garrett AT gold
5.5 x 8.5 DD
4.5 concentric Super Sniper
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been air testing a gold flake at .03 gram easily getting 4 in using the high-frequency elliptical coil.
After listening to Calabash videos on Relic hunting I set up a gold program I call:

Hot gold
Discrimination is set to 8 Pitch @ 603hz
Sensitivity 90 +
Frequency 80.8
iron volume 2
Reactivity 1 silencer - 1
Audio response 7
Notch 00

Vash

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

diggerdoodah

Dec 1, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been air testing a gold flake at .03 gram easily getting 4 in using the high-frequency elliptical coil.
After listening to Calabash videos on Relic hunting I set up a gold program I call:

Hot gold
Discrimination is set to 8 Pitch @ 603hz
Sensitivity 90 +
Frequency 80.8
iron volume 2
Reactivity 1 silencer - 1
Audio response 7
Notch 00

Vash

Thanks gadabout hope some more Deus owner will post videos on native gold some live digs would be great.

Rexhavoc

Mar 30, 2013
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks Gadabout; looking forward to try that one once the weather improves. Way too hot for air testing inside the house against my collection of little nuggets and flakes.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread