Deus high frequency coil-which one to buy ?

parkgt

Feb 19, 2013
Western AR
Detector(s) used
NOX 800, XP Deus, previous CTX and 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are plenty of posts about the two coils on this and other forums. Just do a search and read them for the differing opinions. Only you can decide which fits your needs better.

Toothpick

Sep 9, 2013
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
XP-DEUS 2, MANTICORE, XP-DEUS 1, Equinox 800, Simplex, 1280x, Gold Bug 2, 12v Gator Gill Hookah
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have both HF and in my case I tend to use the elliptical most of the time. I find it easier to maneuver in tight places and against barriers etc.

EDIT....I should add that my favorite spot to use it is a super trashy iron target rich area. Basically I just listen for that high squeaker tone

Last edited:

1942 merc

Sep 14, 2012
sd
Detector(s) used
xp deus , Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was going to go with a 9 HF and then decided to go for the equinox 800 instead . If I were you I would go with the 9HF coil . The elliptical I can not speak for but I hear it is not as deep seeking .

HuntinDog

Bronze Member
May 26, 2010
No. Cal.
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS / MXT PRO / Garrett ProPointer
I would think that it would depend on the type of terrain that you hunt.
If it were me hunting open ground I'd go 9"hf, If Heavy stubble, brush and high trash Elliptical.
I own the 9"hf, but from what I've heard I don't think there is a lot of difference in depth, just separation and coverage.
I don't think you can go wrong with either....

Tedyoh

Bronze Member
Apr 13, 2013
N.E. Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, NOX 600, XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If separation is your thing....Calabash posted a video a while back and the 9" round separated better than the elliptical....

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like the 9" elliptical. It nailed a squeaker of a silver coin at 16" on the the beach a few days ago and is great in iron trash and very deep.

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I have the 9" round HF and I really like it, however, I need better glasses to find the tiny targets that I am digging and digging fairly deep. They tend to hit pretty solid unless deeper and then I am just amazed at finding it at all. Smokeythecat kills it with the elliptical and has me wondering if I should have gotten one myself for the highest freq. I can really see where the shape can really work better in the tall weeds etc. I really think that the new 4.1 version with the HF coil is a sweet combo.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread