Anybody finding any silver with the higher freqs of the HF coils?

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I have been a little leery of using the highest freq on my Round Hf coil at my site. I know that it will hammer the mid to low range conductors but I sure would hate to miss a deeper merc or even something like a trime. Some areas are relatively clean of modern trashy trash but others are very trashy. so I was wondering how deep has anyone found silver and how small with the 54 kz. Thanks for any info. DL

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh, you won't miss it! My HF 9" elliptical pulled a Spanish 2 reale at almost a foot the other day. Also got a trime and another cut piece of 8 with it. Both of those were about 6" deep. At 74 hkz it blows your ears off! The cut piece was the size of a 1/2 dime or so.

OP
OP
dirtlooter

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
well, my site is temporarily out for a week or so due to the owners using the area but no problem. The heavy storm last night with the tornado warnings etc left a lot of water and debris everywhere so there will be yet another delay. I have a spot that I have hammered hard with the deus that I meant to hit with the 54 kz to see if there are any deeper wheaties/IH or nickels still hiding there. should be interesting

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today I pulled a 1956 quarter at a good foot down with the HF coil at 28 khz. It was a screamer.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions