Deep Mod Program

jss1216

Apr 17, 2014
Shelton,Ct
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
First I am new to the XP Deus - not metal detecting...
So here is a program I made —-

Select Deep Program
Now load the Gary Ultimate Program—-
(Gary uses Fast)
Next take a small piece of gold- smallest you have- I used a child’s size 1 or 2 10K ring —-
I buried at 6 inches and the Deus detected just fine—— came in at VDI 23
Now set the Break from the Ultimate to two notches below the tone.... (21)

I have been using this for two weeks (5 outings)
Found 2 Shield Nickels, 4 Indian heads, sterling hair clip, lots of brass cartridges, 2 silver mercury dimes, and a silver washington quarter and a lot of other junk.

Also these setting detect a clad dime at 10 inches.

parkgt

Feb 19, 2013
Western AR
Detector(s) used
NOX 800, XP Deus, previous CTX and 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First I am new to the XP Deus - not metal detecting...
So here is a program I made —-

I have been using this for two weeks (5 outings)
Found 2 Shield Nickels, 4 Indian heads, sterling hair clip, lots of brass cartridges, 2 silver mercury dimes, and a silver washington quarter and a lot of other junk.

Also these setting detect a clad dime at 10 inches.

Did you try any other programs to see if they wouldn't hit the targets your setup hit?

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't understand the point of setting break so high and based on such a specific, but rare target. Can you elaborate on the reasoning. Thanks.

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm guessing that he wants to keep the discrimination low enough to be able to find even the smallest gold ring. I sometimes set up my Tesoro detectors that way. I used a little tiny thin gold ring to set my decimation. You can you can also use a Gatorade foil cap to set the decimation. Just set the discrimination just high enough to barely discriminate it out and you'll still be able to detect the smallest baby's gold ring.

tabman

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
True, but the ultimate program runs without any discrimination, so I am a little confused if the he is setting a discrimination break or just a tone break.

If it is a discrimination break, I would personally advise against setting disc greater than say 15 (I never go above 10) because the heavy disc filtering can then start affecting detection depth on non-ferrous targets.

Based on the stated success of non-ferrous recoveries, it sounds like just a tone break and two-tone program without any disc but wanted OP to clarify.

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

jss1216

Apr 17, 2014
Shelton,Ct
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
I just changed the tone break—
so my understanding ( Deus is still new to me) is that tone break only affects what will sound like a good target vice iron... so far seems to be ok— i dropped discrimination down to -2 yesterday

I am open to suggestions—
Also keep in mind - my past detectors were Garret’s Pro and Max and a Bounty Hunter—- basically turn on and go —-

OP
OP
J

jss1216

Apr 17, 2014
Shelton,Ct
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
True, but the ultimate program runs without any discrimination, so I am a little confused if the he is setting a discrimination break or just a tone break.

If it is a discrimination break, I would personally advise against setting disc greater than say 15 (I never go above 10) because the heavy disc filtering can then start affecting detection depth on non-ferrous targets.

Based on the stated success of non-ferrous recoveries, it sounds like just a tone break and two-tone program without any disc but wanted OP to clarify.

I am playing with tone break—- i do not normally use discrimination or keep it very low-

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread