What's UP

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There's a new kid in town, so a lot of folks are hanging out in the Equinox forum trying to see what all the fuss is about. Otherwise, yeah, it's that cool time of year to get some late season relic hunting in before beach season.

Last edited:

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
hopefully I will manage another hunt or two before I get worked on but still loving the HF coil

jdiggs_treasure

Jan 12, 2013
northern california
Detector(s) used
Xp deus 11"x35/9"HF roundl/Mi6
Minelab equinox 800 11"& 6" coils
Killer b wasp headphones
Whites prostars
garrett carrot
Predator ranger shovel/raptor digger
Lesche t handle/ hand digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What's up y'all...
Went for a hunt at a old local park for a few hours... found 3 buffs 2 war nickels, 2 wheaties and a few pieces of costume jewerly... nothing to special...lol.. but at least I was able to get out and swing...

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Better than I did, jdiggs. Only digging I did this weekend was getting some holes dug to transplant some new arrivals from the local gardening center. Gotta keep the missus happy so I put my digging chops and new relic shovel to work. Lol.

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
the only digging I have done was to chisel deep into 2x4s and 2x6s to get to the wood screws to tear apart the tremendous supports in my father's concrete safe room. Have taken out over 300 screws so far, probably got another 150 to go. they meant for this to hold the foot thick top of the 14x14 room. the room holds water pretty good too, the rain has kept the crew from getting the house roofed. anyways, the mosquitoes were loving the water so we ruined their baby pen. I really hope to get out this afternoon for a little of hunting but we shall see. A couple of war nickels and buffs would be awesome right now! Jerry

Tedyoh

Bronze Member
Apr 13, 2013
N.E. Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, NOX 600, XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found a nice Barber dime and some wheats in PA last week at an old camp site - heading there again Tuesday to trout and dirt fish before the weeds get to high and the streams dry up......took the NOX to some old foundations and cellar holes that the Deus and HF coil has been through - found nothing more with the NOX, going to dig the iron this trip and try to unmask some keepers.....

BD.jpg

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pretty save, Ted.

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
yeah, nice Barber. the HF coil set up right may be hard to follow at times.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In super thick iron, I have to give the edge to the Deus over the EQX. The EQX coil separates like nobody's business for a coil it's size, but just can't keep up with the smaller Deus HF coils and what I call laser pointer mode (i.e., operating the coils above 28 khz) when too much stuff ends up under the highly sensitive EQX coil edge. We'll see what the 6" EQX coil brings to the table, but would really like to see ML come out with a 9x5 elliptical.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I came, I saw, I dug. I drove over 700 miles to do it. I also agree with the Deus vs the Equinox. My laser (Deus) tears it up. Anyway, thinking of one more outing this weekend, I have a place recently cleared by a tractor, not big, but right on top of a Civil War hut, then it's beach and Netflix!

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Good looking Barber dime, congratulations!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread