Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
After two, two hour plus hunts with the 600 nox at my site, my right arm is shot. The Deus has spoiled me with it's weight and it's compact-ability. I basically hunted over my already hunted area and while I did find some more targets, I found nothing exciting. I managed to find a sliver of a clad quarter and that was pretty cool and a little bling jewelry but mostly I dug iron and other trash that I had avoided with the Deus. I finally dug a very corroded Memorial penny right before I quit today but I can't swear that I missed it with the Deus. I may not have swung over it at all with the Deus. The 600 is an awesome machine and I like the 50 tone setup. it will make a super good primary machine for someone wanting to step up from a lesser machine. it will be a back up machine for me and a primary water machine. I did dig a couple very small, smaller than 22 short brass that I believe to have been 22 CB caps that I somehow missed with the Deus but then again, I may not have actually swung over them. The heavy coil just really wore me out and I could see how it would make the shaft wobble problem several are complaining about worse. I have partial tears in both shoulders and suffered a torn right bicep late last year and I can feel it very much so right now. The 4.1 version with the LF coil or the HF coil are pretty good at sucking the good stuff out of the ground. yes, I will still play around with the 600 in order to be better with it but there is no way that it will ever take the place of my Deus. Who knows, Deus may step it up with a multi-freq coil as well and I think that the theory is awesome but until then, I will keep a plugging on. The wife picked up the 600 and immediately told me that she might would try it for a minute or two but that would be it. The Deus just has so many awesome features. The only real issue for me right now with the Deus would be getting the tones to where they are more definite or separated better. this is just something that I haven't ironed out in my head as how to tackle it in a manner that I understand.:icon_scratch: I like the sounds better with the 14kz but want to hunt more in the higher freqs. For the wife and I, Deus rules :icon_thumright:

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep. Even for Deus power users who love Equinox, I do not see anyone (me included) getting rid of their Deus (at least not the HF coils). Plus I think XP may have some tricks up their sleeve for those white coils in the future. I got the Equinox for all weather/water/beach hunting and it has not disappointed, it has also proven itself as a worthy relic and coin machine. But Deus HF beats it in weight/ergonomics, compact travel and grab n go form factor, low profile detecting (not wanting to bring attention to yourself), and super thick iron unmasking.

Floridaprivateer

Tenderfoot
Mar 25, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I actually just added the Deus to my collection including the 600 Nox. Just started with it, but it does have more options than the Nox and I think I will like it a great deal.

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Two good tools to have.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dang it! I can still only swing one machine at a time!

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You would be dangerous swinging two at a time. lol

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nokta Impact, Tesoro Compadre..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dang it! I can still only swing one machine at a time!

Problem solved...just add your detectors!:laughing7:

dummies.jpg

HuntinDog

Bronze Member
May 26, 2010
No. Cal.
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS / MXT PRO / Garrett ProPointer
Hey Dirt,
I'm in your wife's camp.
I won't be buying a NOX anytime soon.
My Deus has all and more than I need.
I don't get to salt water beaches and for fresh water hunting I have a kit if I decide to go.
All my other detectors just sit in a dark closet and collect dust.

OP
OP
dirtlooter

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hey Dirt,
I'm in your wife's camp.
I won't be buying a NOX anytime soon.
My Deus has all and more than I need.
I don't get to salt water beaches and for fresh water hunting I have a kit if I decide to go.
All my other detectors just sit in a dark closet and collect dust.

hunted two days with the Nox and was totally worn out. it is a very good machine but....today, I was able to hunt longer in the heat, even with the sore arm and found....silver X 2 with the HF coil at 54 kz :headbang:. will post those finds later this evening when the wife can help me with the pics. I dug a lot of smaller stuff with the 54 kz that didn't hit as well with the lower freqs. I was pretty certain that I was digging trash but wanted to see the difference. I had been checking every hit with all three freqs before digging just to see because they hit higher at 54kz. I was getting pull rings that hit in mid to upper 80s but would drop way down in 14kz. However, I was hot and tired when I hit the silver, just dug two targets that turned out to be an eraser end and a pull tab. So I didn't check this signal with all three freqs. ended up with 2 silvers and a nickel after getting a piece of iron out 1st. The 54 kz nailed the targets no problem under roots at about 5 inches. At 54kz, the nickel, the last target in the hole, still rang up fairly high in the tone.

Patriot Relics

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2014
Lowcountry, South Carolina / Richmond, Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
CTX-3030, Deus XP II
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I think most serious water hunters swing the Deus inland and the Ctx in the water... I added the NOX to hopefully replace the heavy CTX, but honesty the jury is still out on weather it can compete with ole faithful. I'll do a review once I have 100 hours.

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
First time out on the beach with the Deus I found a silver ring. First time out with the 800 I found a 14k gold wedding band. So I’m happy with both detectors. I prefer the overall compact lightness of the Deus though as dirtlooter refers to.

OP
OP
dirtlooter

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
First time out on the beach with the Deus I found a silver ring. First time out with the 800 I found a 14k gold wedding band. So I’m happy with both detectors. I prefer the overall compact lightness of the Deus though as dirtlooter refers to.

what settings did you use for the Deus, was the silver very deep? I see the Brits beach hunting with the Deus and they manage to find coins, gold and silver.

DigDeepNow

Jul 14, 2016
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think most serious water hunters swing the Deus inland and the Ctx in the water... I added the NOX to hopefully replace the heavy CTX, but honesty the jury is still out on weather it can compete with ole faithful. I'll do a review once I have 100 hours.

looking forward to your review...

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Just bought the Deus about a month ago.4.1 version and after reading a lot, you're guys help (Calabash) , and lots of you tube it's starting to sink in. I really like the 2 screen option. Having a new machine like the Deus makes me more motivated to get new premissions and I'm sure the Nox is great too.

1942 merc

Sep 14, 2012
sd
Detector(s) used
xp deus , Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The only reason I am keeping my deus right now is because of the weight . I got a virgin permission and decided to hit it with the nox for a week then the deus for a week .The deus was lighter to swing but the nox in my opinion blew it away . I could only find a few coins left with the deus I missed with the nox , other than that the deus was really not that helpful . I dug WAY more junk with the deus . For the life of me I can not get the hang of this iron buzz when approaching a bad target . Rust and bottle caps sound like good targets on the deus and I do not want to be fidgeting with should I did or not when I have limited time .

With the nox I can move with confidence on a bad target right away , no second guessing .With the dues I found myself digging to china for rusty junk more than not . I am waiting for the six inch coil for the nox and if that evens out this nose heavy issue I think my dues will see a life of dusty shelf sitting . My mom comes to visit twice a year and she can only swing a deus as everything else is to heavy for her and that is the only reason I am keeping it at this point .

Bottom line ....The nox is more user friendly for me anyway . I have pounded my yard with the deus for a year / season and with the nox I found 1902 - 1905 IHP 1902 dime and a 1847 silver spoon in my yard the first day I had the nox and I know for sure my deus missed those targets .

HuntinDog

Bronze Member
May 26, 2010
No. Cal.
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS / MXT PRO / Garrett ProPointer
The Deus didn't miss them... You did
Had you hunted with the Deus first, would the results be reversed??
Hard to tell...
Getting used to the tones of the Deus can be tricky, but when you do it's a hard detector to beat.

My opinion, of course...

OP
OP
dirtlooter

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
the silvers etc found in this thread were found in an area that I hadn't hunted before, any detector could have found them there.

1942 merc

Sep 14, 2012
sd
Detector(s) used
xp deus , Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The deus missed them because the targets were masked beyond the capability of the machine . This is where multi - IQ shines . I paid a lot of cash for my deus , I will use the machine I get the best results with and that is the nox 800 for right now . If I hear a coin mixed with a lot of trash / nails with the nox I can move the coil around until it zeros in dead on . I can take the deus over that mess and get no high tone . If I get a high tone on the deus that is deep rusty trash the nox will not sound off a high tone . Everyone is different and that is my experience between the two .

I can swing the nox for two hours and the deus for four but I find much more in my two hours with the nox . It unmasks better no high tone on caps or rust .

Kilohertz

Feb 20, 2014
In my experience so far with the Nox, you dig less iron when coin-shooting. Im using the 600, Its just slightly better at Identifying the rusty nails. Multi IQ. Thats the pros. Cons are that so many good targets fall in between 20-30. Clad, silver and copper coins, rings. Pulled a copper penny yesterday that was coming in at 28.. cant say why. But when youre smacking something deep thats a solid 30-32, its gonna be something good.

Tones on the Nox dont give me a headache after a while so that was enough to sell the Deus.

Iron Buzz

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2016
South St Paul, MN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just got my Nox a couple days ago. I'm on my 3rd season with my Deus, and know it quite well. My early experiences with the Nox show me that it will be another tool for certain situations. I tried to use it on a street tearout and really missed my Deus. On the other hand, I took it to a park that is so loaded with bottlecaps and pulltabs that the Deus drives me crazy. I have found a few coins in there over the years, but thought that I had already found them all. Tonight, I dug 7 more, in about an hour. Nothing great, but the Nox picked them out, and it did not drive me nuts.

(on another note, I came home tonight to see my neighbor out tinkering in his front yard with his AT Pro. He's been doing this for three years... small suburban yard. He had dug all sorts of stuff out of it over that time, but in 5 minutes with the Nox, I had a Washington sales tax token.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread