Someone Talk Me Out Of Selling My 9" HF Search Coil
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Someone Talk Me Out Of Selling My 9" HF Search Coil

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Jul 2011
    Germantown, Tennessee
    Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
    6491 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (2)

Someone Talk Me Out Of Selling My 9" HF Search Coil

I'm mainly a silver coin hunter and prefer the LF search coil. I do great with the HF search coil at finding nickels using 28kHz.

tabman
    Buggaman7 likes this.
    CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, Minelab e-trac, Fisher CZ-5 & CZ3D, Minelab Equinox, Whites MXT All Pro, Tesoro Eldorado

us
    Mar 2011
    San Diego
    Equinox 800, Treasure Probe IV, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's GM3 V-sat. White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, 5X10 Joey, Steath 920ix and 720i, TRX, etc....
    7466 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (3)
    Why would you even think of selling it? Need the money?
    "jus cuz it's wrote down, don't make it so"

us
    Sep 2012
    sd
    xp deus , Equinox 800
    678 times
    Metal Detecting
    So a HF coil is no good at coins ?
    South Dakota motto .....Steak , guns and fur . Don't mess with us .

us
    Jul 2011
    Germantown, Tennessee
    Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
    6491 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by cudamark View Post
    Why would you even think of selling it? Need the money?
    No that's not the reason, I don't see any need to let it set there and collect dust since I don't hardly ever use it. Maybe I'm missing something.

Quote Originally Posted by 1942 merc View Post
    So a HF coil is no good at coins ?
    The HF search coil doesn't hit all that hard on silver, it's more weighted towards low conductors.

tabman
    CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, Minelab e-trac, Fisher CZ-5 & CZ3D, Minelab Equinox, Whites MXT All Pro, Tesoro Eldorado

Apr 2013
    N.E. Ohio
    XP Deus, NOX 600
    1375 times
    Old sites looking for relics with little to no modern trash is where the HF coils shine.....if you are a coin shooter by all means sell it.

Charter Member
    us
    Apr 2016
    XP DEUS,EQUINOX 800, ANFIBIO MULTI, EXCALIBUR
    7520 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (2)
    GreenMeanie and Tedyoh like this.

Jas 1:22 But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves.

us
    Title? old fart

Jun 2014
    mid western ARK
    XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
    12588 times
    Relic Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (3)
    Crusader is still using his 11 inch LF coil and I believe 3.1 or 3.2 Version and keeps killing it, e said that he was plenty happy with it. Smokythecat said that she smacked a silver Real pretty deep with her HF coil. But it all boils down to what your primary interest is and if something works for you. Confidence in something is everything, I wish you the best in whatever you do. I have done enough questionable things in my life that have left me with a few regrets. Good luck my Friend in your decision. Jerry
    Buggaman7 and RustyGold like this.
    LUKE 15 : 8 "OR WHAT WOMAN, IF SHE HAS TEN SILVER COINS AND LOSES ONE COIN,DOES NOT LIGHT A LAMP AND SWEEP THE HOUSE AND SEARCH CAREFULLY UNTIL SHE FINDS IT?" 15 : 9 "AND WHEN SHE HAS FOUND IT, SHE CALLS TOGETHER HER FRIENDS AND NEIGHBORS, SAYING, "REJOICE WITH ME, FOR I HAVE FOUND THE COIN WHICH I HAD LOST!"

us
    Sep 2012
    sd
    xp deus , Equinox 800
    678 times
    Metal Detecting
    I would sell it then . Instead of buying the HF coil for the deus I bought the nox 800 . I got a new permission last week and spent that entire week with the nox there . I found a lot of goodies . I then went back with the deus LF coil today for three hours and could not find any coins at all or a target of worth . All junk bottle caps and pull tabs . Maybe take a look at the nox with the money you get back on the HF coil .
    South Dakota motto .....Steak , guns and fur . Don't mess with us .

us
    Aug 2017
    Western Montana
    Deus
    78 times
    So how much? I have an hf eliptical.
    I could have bought a Harley but I knew I would probably get hurt on it, so I bought a Thompson Submachine gun instead, I knew it would be much safer.

I love mine and haven't used the LF coil but one time since I got the HF coil. It will sniff out gold a lot better than the LF coil. If you don't want gold coins, by all means, sell it.

us
    Jun 2015
    ES of Maryland
    XP Deus Minelab Equinox
    9071 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (2)
    If youve got an equinox or other high frequency detector than really no need for it. My equinox hammers low conducters on relic sites but my deus 9” LF runs smoother in the iron
    Favorite finds
    Colonial Silver Pomander-Cut Pine Tree Shilling-Louis XIV 4 Sols-14 Spanish Cobs-17th century buckles-Cut Pistareen-1759 Half Real-1781 Half Real-gold cufflink-1827 & 1831 Mexico 1 reales-1830 Bust Dime-1852 Gold $1-1853 O Gold $1-52 Seated silvers-6 Trimes-6 Gold Rings

Apr 2013
    N.E. Ohio
    XP Deus, NOX 600
    1375 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtlooter View Post
    Crusader is still using his 11 inch LF coil and I believe 3.1 or 3.2 Version and keeps killing it
    Wow...with his Roman sites and all those tiny gold coins I'm really surprised he doesn't have one....

us
    Mrs.

Sep 2014
    Denton, Texas
    Garrett 250
    207 times
    Don't do it!

us
    Big Boys Hobbies

Jul 2005
    Moore Oklahoma
    Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
    692 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by toasted View Post
    If youve got an equinox or other high frequency detector than really no need for it. My equinox hammers low conducters on relic sites but my deus 9” LF runs smoother in the iron
    Agreed! Hard to beat a XP Deus in heavy iron!

Contact us for fastest and best service around!

We will beat any price or deal. Have questions on a machine?
    Bart@BigBoysHobbies.net or Call or text 405-206-9010
    Minelab Metal Detectors, Whites Metal Detectors, Garrett Metal Detectors, XP Deus, Fisher Metal Detectors, Teknetics Metal Detectors

Minelab Partner of the year award for the USA 2012. Minelab Customer service award 2012 and 2013.

Dec 2012
    Dues, AT Pro, Tesoro Sand Shark, Excal II
    102 times
    Metal Detecting
    Looking to pick up the 9 HF myself. Looking for small gold.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links