Oct 12, 2016
South St Paul, MN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
New X35 disks and DEUS V5 update | Blog version EN

Over the years, the XP DEUS has continued to evolve, especially with the FREE software updates allowing the user to benefit from our advancing technology without the need to buy a new machine.

XP have been regularly introducing new accessories, such as the MI-6 pin pointer which connects directly to the DEUS, let’s not forget the super light and incredibly stable new HF coils which have taken the Deus to a new level.

This month XP are pleased to announce the upcoming release of 3 new search coils for the DEUS accompanied by a new FREE version 5 update which will also be available soon.

... (more)

Tedyoh

Bronze Member
Apr 13, 2013
N.E. Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, NOX 600, XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool but unless I'm not reading this correctly, these new coils do not run multi frequencies at the same time?

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I bought the Deus 4.1 a couple of months ago and really like it. Haven't come close to mastering it but I'm glad for the folks that have and are looking forward to the new coils and programs it will offer.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Their definition of "soon" being the big question mark......What are the specs on the new coils?

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is it as stable as the HF coils im interested.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll be watching for reports on the new coil. From what I read, the coil will be running simultaneous frequencies, (but my math could be off.)

Of course, the SECRET is not how big your loop is (har har har), or what frequency, it's a matter of having the stuff in the ground to begin with and digging it! Interestingly, I've never had a problem with pulltabs or bottlecaps.

Of course, most Civil War soldiers had neither pulltabs or bottlecaps.:laughing7:

Jeff H

Bronze Member
May 5, 2008
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
IF that X35 coil can run as quite as the HF coils, then the 11 inch coil at 4 kHz with TX Boost, on my very mild soil will be great at sniffing out those extra deep coppers and silvers. Plus I can run at 28 kHz if I want to (and I often want to). Intriguing.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jeff H, only three of my sites have mild soil. Most of the others are from the pit of hell, with the three VA sites even worse than that. I'm not jumping at any new machine or coil, so we'll have to see when the release date is, ad nauseum.

Jager

Jun 29, 2009
Detector(s) used
CZ-3D
In Germany the coils will be available in the end of july.
Since September the new coils will be standard with every new deus.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
New X35 disks and DEUS V5 update | Blog version EN

Over the years, the XP DEUS has continued to evolve, especially with the FREE software updates allowing the user to benefit from our advancing technology without the need to buy a new machine.

XP have been regularly introducing new accessories, such as the MI-6 pin pointer which connects directly to the DEUS, let’s not forget the super light and incredibly stable new HF coils which have taken the Deus to a new level.

This month XP are pleased to announce the upcoming release of 3 new search coils for the DEUS accompanied by a new FREE version 5 update which will also be available soon.

... (more)

There is a lot more info if you actually click on the link in the OP, will answer some of y'alls questions or refute comments about timeline. Anyway, my thoughts and comments to comments, below. Thanks, IB, for posting it BTW.

Cool but unless I'm not reading this correctly, these new coils do not run multi frequencies at the same time?

Correct, and for me that is a huge disappointment not to mention the fact that to get these new features we are talking about another not inexpensive coil purchase. I'm probably out. But like Calabash say's, if they are as stable, perhaps. The most interesting thing to me is that you can now operate the low frequency (4 khz) without being locked at TX power of 3 which is a huge benefit for mineralized soil because that precluded use of the LF in Culpeper soil and 4hz can get you really deep.

Their definition of "soon" being the big question mark......What are the specs on the new coils?

Well, unless XP defines end of July 18 differently than than the rest of the world, I guess you may be right. Otherwise, it was right in the blog post, at least that is when the new x35 coils are supposed to be released and they can only run with V5. With XP switching over to these coils as "standard" for all XP Deus packages coming off the assembly line in September. But yeah, we'll see if they meet their deadlines. They are really going out on a limb (again) if they're not ready.

Is it as stable as the HF coils im interested.

Perhaps. But for mild soil, I am not sure it really brings you much over the existing LF coil. Would have to see what Boost Mode really brings to the table.

i bet Deus' idea of soon is a lot better than Minlabs idea of soon.

They (XP) define soon as end of July, see above. We'll see.

I'll be watching for reports on the new coil. From what I read, the coil will be running simultaneous frequencies, (but my math could be off.)

Of course, the SECRET is not how big your loop is (har har har), or what frequency, it's a matter of having the stuff in the ground to begin with and digging it! Interestingly, I've never had a problem with pulltabs or bottlecaps.

Of course, most Civil War soldiers had neither pulltabs or bottlecaps.:laughing7:

Nope. They will only run one frequency at a time, which disappoints me. Not sure the extra features are worth it (another coil purchase (!)) for me. I am pretty happy with the white HF coils.

IF that X35 coil can run as quite as the HF coils, then the 11 inch coil at 4 kHz with TX Boost, on my very mild soil will be great at sniffing out those extra deep coppers and silvers. Plus I can run at 28 kHz if I want to (and I often want to). Intriguing.

The low frequency boost mode is the only thing I am interested in but really not for another $400+ dollars. But hey, there might be a lot of cheap legacy LF coils available out there. Lol. An XP implementation of multi freq was what I was REALLY looking for. Version 6, I guess. I think these WILL be deep though, but without stability on Wet sand, not sure I can go there.

Other thoughts, don't sleep on the upgrades to the headsets. They are close if not all the way there to you being able to fully modify programs from the headset which makes the Deus light package more interesting.

Last edited:

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In Germany the coils will be available in the end of july.
Since September the new coils will be standard with every new deus.

The linked blog post does not limit that to only Germany.

toasted

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2015
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Even more reason to sell my remote(besides favoring my Equinox lately) if the headset will offer more adjustments. Honestly though once you use the remote to make a few good custom programs, they save to the headset anyway

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Even more reason to sell my remote(besides favoring my Equinox lately) if the headset will offer more adjustments. Honestly though once you use the remote to make a few good custom programs, they save to the headset anyway

Yeah, but you still need the remote to modify and re-save any modifications to custom programs (perhaps even with version 5 - though that is not entirely clear yet) and you need the remote for future upgrades because the firmware gets loaded onto the remote and transmitted to the peripherals wirelessly. I think what XP is doing here is making it easier on the UK hunters who typically relic hunt in the field with just the coil and stem and the earphones and they usually just run two tones (ferrous/non-ferrous) and dig all non-ferrous. So they can leave their remotes home and just use them for custom program updates and can then modify other parameters (like reactivity) on the fly while in the fields, which they could not do previously with just the headphone controllers alone.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will be looking at it. As my "rule" is to look at it before I buy, I'll probably be taking a road trip to a dealer to see it in action. There are a few within 100 miles or so. Makes for a nice Saturday especially if there are some historical sites or antique stores on the way.

I'm not concerned about multifrequency. I decided to not pound the beaches this summer, so MF would not help me there and other than beaches mostly what I hear about MF machines is someone has been in a place many times before and then gets more targets out of the same place. I've been doing that for 20 years and the success factor was based more on me becoming better at detecting and not being so picky on targets and sometimes on which machine I brought with me that day. One of my last CW bullets was under a log. I had to move the log to get it. You have to think outside of the box. That kind of thing. The Deus will probably be my last machine. It does everything I need and more. This last year has been my best ever. New coil, maybe, new machine of any kind, probably not. Unless I get cloned.:laughing7: I can still only swing one machine at a time blast it all!

As stated, a road trip to see the new coil will be my battle plan.

OP
OP
Iron Buzz

Iron Buzz

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2016
South St Paul, MN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
There is a lot more info if you actually click on the link in the OP, will answer some of y'alls questions or refute comments about timeline. Anyway, my thoughts and comments to comments, below. Thanks, IB, for posting it BTW.

Correct, and for me that is a huge disappointment not to mention the fact that to get these new features we are talking about another not inexpensive coil purchase. I'm probably out. But like Calabash say's, if they are as stable, perhaps. The most interesting thing to me is that you can now operate the low frequency (4 khz) without being locked at TX power of 3 which is a huge benefit for mineralized soil because that precluded use of the LF in Culpeper soil and 4hz can get you really deep.

Well, unless XP defines end of July 18 differently than than the rest of the world, I guess you may be right. Otherwise, it was right in the blog post, at least that is when the new x35 coils are supposed to be released and they can only run with V5. With XP switching over to these coils as "standard" for all XP Deus packages coming off the assembly line in September. But yeah, we'll see if they meet their deadlines. They are really going out on a limb (again) if they're not ready.

Perhaps. But for mild soil, I am not sure it really brings you much over the existing LF coil. Would have to see what Boost Mode really brings to the table.

They (XP) define soon as end of July, see above. We'll see.

Nope. They will only run one frequency at a time, which disappoints me. Not sure the extra features are worth it (another coil purchase (!)) for me. I am pretty happy with the white HF coils.

The low frequency boost mode is the only thing I am interested in but really not for another $400+ dollars. But hey, there might be a lot of cheap legacy LF coils available out there. Lol. An XP implementation of multi freq was what I was REALLY looking for. Version 6, I guess. I think these WILL be deep though, but without stability on Wet sand, not sure I can go there.

Other thoughts, don't sleep on the upgrades to the headsets. They are close if not all the way there to you being able to fully modify programs from the headset which makes the Deus light package more interesting.

Thanks for saving me a lot of typing!

Jacza

Apr 14, 2016
Detector(s) used
Makro Multi Kruzer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess a lot of secondhand Deus coils will be on ebay in a few weeks. :)

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'll also be watching the reviews. A more stable, larger coil would be interesting.
But, I'm more inclined to get a HF coil either way. Because that covers all bases for me.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread