Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I know that it is still very early for anyone to know anything about the new V5 but like many out there, I am very curious as to what it does more for the HF coils etc. of course many are hoping for a multifrequency update of some sort and part of me does too. Being kind of cautious by nature, I will wait for several months after it comes out to make sure that all is well with it before I download. Almost everything ends up having good qualities as well as a few on the downside as they tweak it with consumer use. This is one of the very awesome things about Deus, being able to upgrade freely as they make improvements. The new coils should be interesting too but unfortunately it will be quite a while before I will be investing in another coil. I am hoping that they have made my round HF coil even better than it is now, that would be cool. in one way it is kind of crazy for me to be wanting an improvement in a coil that I really haven't learned as well as I would have liked to by now but it seems that the craze now LOL. I would like a better system for the Deus to be used in water situations but that would probably involve wire from the coil to the remote. Sometimes it is what it is and it ain't what it ain't. Still curious though. DL

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Dirtlooter, I have the Deus version 4.1 ( have had about 2 months) and don't know as much as most here yet about the machine but in the back of the current user manual are extra notes sent with manual. They state that if you are using the 4.1 version and the HF coil which I also have that at this time,no updates are needed for the HF coil. Now, when the new coils and updates are available, I would almost bet you would have to update the HF if you download to the 4.5 version. Again, this machine is new to me. Give me if you will your opinion. Thanks.

OP
OP
dirtlooter

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
you don't have to update but updates usually have some improvements. I originally started with the 3.2 with the LF coil and the 4.1 was quite an improvement in some areas. I am sure that there will be some improvements for the HF coils and maybe for the LF coils as well. I am still learning the HF coil as well as the 4.1 version. There are some that have never updated from the 3.1 or the newer HF coil that are killing it with the larger LF coil like Crue in England. Cru doesn't see any reason to do either with the results that he is getting over there. I can totally see his reasoning and respect it. DL

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Yea, thanks. I Don't plan any changes till I get 4.1 working for me. I will say the XY screen is a useful tool in my case for learning purposes as well as ID on the target. Lots of luck.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess I'm still running 4.0. I use the HF elliptical coil and have just killed it this year. I'm going to wait to see what the coil specs are. Multifrequency in real life probably won't help me much as I don't do parks and did most everything on my colonial and CW sites.

FIVE cannonballs and grapeshot this year! Dig it all and let God sort it out!

rick67

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2014
Smithtown NY
Detector(s) used
XP, Whites, Garrett,
Lesche, T-Rex, RTG.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
FIVE cannonballs and grapeshot this year! Dig it all and let God sort it out!
Thank you for stating that. Most of these guys burnout and quit before they realize this.
Obviously you don't stare at numbers or you'd be "Cannonball less" like those who do.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rick67, three of the cannonballs came from a pounded site. In reality, a 3 pound Rev War solid shot is worth more than most individual silver coins any of us will ever pull out of the ground. Don't let in on my secret!

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The best thing a relic hunter using the deus could do is put the remote in their pocket.... Smokey rocks!

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you. I have rocks in my head. Best year ever!

GreenMeanie

Jun 3, 2006
TreasureTerrain.com
Detector(s) used
NOX 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is something I will be watching for but the price of the coils keeps me from buying one right away.
I will watch and see what others say first.

OP
OP
dirtlooter

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The best thing a relic hunter using the deus could do is put the remote in their pocket.... Smokey rocks!

What CD says is totally right and so is what Smokey says. I try very hard not to even look at my remote, if a signal is repeatable, I usually dig it. been surprised too many times to totally trust the numbers.

GreenMeanie

Jun 3, 2006
TreasureTerrain.com
Detector(s) used
NOX 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since the x35 is replacing the LF coil I am going to assume ID NORM can be used on the x35 unlike the HF?

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since the x35 is replacing the LF coil I am going to assume ID NORM can be used on the x35 unlike the HF?

We will have to see on that one. Since the high end frequency on the new coils is 27.7 khz and not 18 khz, not sure what XP would use as the reference frequency for ID norm. If they use 27.7 khz you are no better off than using the HF coil and everything will be jammed up at the high end. If you can select the ID norm frequency to a lower frequency, say 4 khz where all the TIDs are spread out, that might be worth it. I never found ID NORM to be all that useful and it precluded the use of variable frequency tricks to ferret out trash like crown caps. I hunt mainly by tone and repeatability and never sat there and memorized TIDs so that fact they varied with frequency never bothered me except that they would all get jammed up in the high range at the high frequencies.

Last edited:
OP
OP
dirtlooter

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
So V, what do we gain with our current HF coils or even our older LF coils with this new version? I understand that it may still be a little early to know any of this but some of you guys are able to find out little bits here and there.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Doesn't appear to bring anything to the table for the legacy LF coils or HF coils. It allows more settings options on the WS4/WS5 headphones which would apply to all coils, but that's about all I know right now.

OP
OP
dirtlooter

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Doesn't appear to bring anything to the table for the legacy LF coils or HF coils. It allows more settings options on the WS4/WS5 headphones which would apply to all coils, but that's about all I know right now.

oh well, but additional setting abilities for the WS4/WS5 may be nicer. thanks Hugh. time will tell

Iron Buzz

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2016
South St Paul, MN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's what I understand as well. I was more than a bit disappointed to read that.

OP
OP
dirtlooter

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
yeah, I was hoping for something even better for the existing coils. something that would really step up their game and make them more versatile and competitive. you know that they are busy, always, the competition by nature forces it on them and the others. it is a keep up and or do better world or get left behind.

JccEldreth

Feb 8, 2017
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, XP Deus, Pro Pointer II and I
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Update 5 is available now, downloading it tonight ! ~

OP
OP
dirtlooter

dirtlooter