Still running 3.2 with a 11” LF coil...

Tigerdude

Apr 2, 2016
South louisiana
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I upgraded and added a HF coil. It forced me to really educate myself on the variables with the Deus. I think I am a lot more proficient on the Deus . Maybe not. Having said that, I am going to use my LF coil at its lowest frequency that cant be reached with the HF coil to achieve max depth on certain clean fields I detect . I know stuff is still there.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Haven't put the LF coils back on since I got the round HF (which can be operated down to 13 kHz for high conductive target depth).

That being said, Deus now goes even deeper with the lower frequency (3.7 khz) and transmit power boost of the new X35 coils. I just upgraded to her 5.1 and an 11" X35 coil and hope to do some testing this weekend. If you haven't gotten an HF coil yet and want to go deeper than the current LF's at 3.7 khz yet hit mid-conductors hard at 27 khz (what I consider the HF coil sweet spot), then the new X35 coils might be the ticket (best of both worlds).

Last edited:

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven't done every upgrade. I'm still running 4.0 but mainly use the HF elliptical coil. I don't have plans to upgrade for awhile.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is really no good reason to upgrade to 4.1 through 5.1 if you are solely using the HF coil, unless you have the MI6 pinpointer.

OP
OP
boss driver

boss driver

Dec 9, 2012
Detector(s) used
Dues, AT Pro, Tesoro Sand Shark, Excal II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Am hoping to move back to the UK soon. Will want the newer coil for the hammered coins. Did very well with the LF coils, can’t imagine how much better the HF or 35s would do.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread