Tone Question

Ronzie

May 27, 2009
Southern Ontario
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw w/Garrett pinpointer

past machines - Minelab Explorer SE Pro/ Garrett GTI 2500 /Garrett GTAx1000
First off I've never used or even seen a XP Deus in real life. I've watched lots of videos and have read tons of positive things about it. It's a machine I'd love to own but there is one problem. I cannot stand the noise it makes (tones). It sounds like a rubber ducky raping a whoopee cushion. I play lots of metal detecting videos but the noise is equivalent to finger nails on a chalk board to me. It's the only metal detector I watch videos of where my Doberman goes crazy from the tones. Apparently she doesn't like it either lol.
There is no denying this machine kicks serious butt, but can you actually change the tones or is it the way it is? In no way am I bashing the Deus, I just don't like the tones. It's obviously one of the best detectors out there and to some it is the best.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you are a Calabash video fan, what you are hearing is the variable pitch tone mode which does sound like a balloon being rubbed (you can adjust the maximum pitch frequency). But you also have 2, 3, 4, 5 and full tones modes. In anything other than full tones mode, each individual tone can be adjusted to any frequency between 120 to 993 hz and you can adjust the VDI breakpoints for each tone region. You can make it mimic an AT Pro or F75 if you want. In Full tones, individual tones are assigned for small 2 or 3 numbered bands of VDI (about 32 or 33 individual tones). These are not adjustable. HTH.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread