Tedyoh

Bronze Member
Apr 13, 2013
N.E. Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, NOX 600, XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks promising but i think im going to wait until the larger one is available, i think the size is 11 x 13....although i kinda hate the large coils but reason being there was a video of either a Spaniard or Frenchman air testing a silver quarter sized European coin in "turbo boost mode", 4khz, and was hitting it at (according to my centimeters to inches conversion) 18+ inches.....now thats impressive and im sure because of the clean (of iron) plowed fields and loose soil at some of my older home sites, outside the foundations, theres some hidden deep gems left to be found.

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I might get a 11 and try it. The 13 will be deep I bet.

Tedyoh

Bronze Member
Apr 13, 2013
N.E. Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, NOX 600, XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah i bet with that super loose dream like soil you have there's many deep keepers awaiting you as well!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice video, thank you for sharing! :icon_thumleft:

HuntinDog

Bronze Member
May 26, 2010
No. Cal.
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS / MXT PRO / Garrett ProPointer
Cd,
Thank your for making it Harder not to have one....
Great video as usual

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks promising but i think im going to wait until the larger one is available, i think the size is 11 x 13....although i kinda hate the large coils but reason being there was a video of either a Spaniard or Frenchman air testing a silver quarter sized European coin in "turbo boost mode", 4khz, and was hitting it at (according to my centimeters to inches conversion) 18+ inches.....now thats impressive and im sure because of the clean (of iron) plowed fields and loose soil at some of my older home sites, outside the foundations, theres some hidden deep gems left to be found.

Since its an elliptical (13x11") coil, it will only be negligibly deeper than the 11" round (the shorter dimension of the elliptical coil determines depth performance) but you will get better coil ground coverage. If you are just in it for the depth then you are better off just getting the lighter 11" coil unless you actually need/want the 13" swing coverage too.

Jeff H

Bronze Member
May 5, 2008
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Another helpful vid from Calabash Productions. I will be using the new 11" X35 this fall.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was down on the 11" X35 based on terrible EMI pickup in my yard when I first broke it out. Finally, gave it a decent trial run in a park. Found the requisite clad I expected but the good news is that 4 khz ran very stable in normal and boost and got good depth (6+ inches) on a couple of older drops on my pounded ball field. Nothing to write home about but it did do its job in both multi tone and pitch mode. I think I will enjoy going for deep targets with this coil when I can hit a relic field this fall. I still didn't get the wow factor that I experienced with the HF coils, but that was probably primarily the novelty of the 28 khz factor rather than anything special about the HF coil itself. Nice to have a coil where I can go super deep and with the flip of a +/- sign take it up to 25 khz for some mid-conductor love.

So my experience backs up your test garden video Calabash, and I am now a happier camper with this coil so far.

I agree, also, based on your video the TX3 may give the X35 an edge over the HF at the mid frequency. VERY INTERESTING.

My only complaint now is that I like to duplicate programs at different frequencies and now that 4 khz is more viable with the variable TX power, I could actually use some extra custom program slots.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will be getting a 11 later this fall to run in 25 kh …Not many machines with a 11 inch coil that can do that.

austin_luker

Oct 17, 2014
New York State
Detector(s) used
XP Dues (AKA: EMI Chaser/Dog fence lover)
9" X35 - 11" LF - HF Elliptical - MI6 -
Garrett AT Pro with Neil Storm Coil, NEL SharpShooter and Garrett Pro PinPointer AT (Carrot)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have nothing negative to say about the 9" X35 that I got, in fact it is now my go to coil. My only issue is that XP seems to be nickle and diming customers! this should have been the coil set the Deus was released with. The X35's make the LF coils obsolete in my eyes now, so thanks XP you got me twice for the same coil that you should have made in the first place!

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have nothing negative to say about the 9" X35 that I got, in fact it is now my go to coil. My only issue is that XP seems to be nickle and diming customers! this should have been the coil set the Deus was released with. The X35's make the LF coils obsolete in my eyes now, so thanks XP you got me twice for the same coil that you should have made in the first place!

Well that's like saying Minelab should have released the Equinox before the eTrac. Lol.

XP obviously overcame some technical roadblocks to get to where they are now with the X35 coil. First, they innovated wide band coil design (13 to 74 khz) with fixed transmit power with the HF coils then they figured out a way to not have to lock in transmit power while using 4khz and when you are shifted off from the nominal frequency settings across the board. So they took some evolutionary technical baby steps to get to where they are now on advanced coil design and will provide the X35 coil as standard equipment with their Deus packages going forward. They did not have this figured out yet back in 2015...or whatever. Hope they keep innovating their coil designs.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions