adapter for coil? Snapped off coil lugs/ears

carolinas

Apr 5, 2012
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So, I've managed to break my new X35 coil. I've seen a repair done on Facebook - there's an adapter that lies flat on the coil; you can grind the remaining parts off, apply the adapter to the coil, and attach the shaft to the adapter. There are three different ones, one for each size black coil, supposedly made by XP.

I've found a UK dealer with them in stock but am trying to find someone in the US who has them. Anyone have a lead?

Attachments

• IMG_2146.jpg
    IMG_2146.jpg
    972.2 KB · Views: 201

jdiggs_treasure

Jan 12, 2013
northern california
Detector(s) used
Xp deus 11"x35/9"HF roundl/Mi6
Minelab equinox 800 11"& 6" coils
Killer b wasp headphones
Whites prostars
garrett carrot
Predator ranger shovel/raptor digger
Lesche t handle/ hand digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why not just send it in under warranty??

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So, I've managed to break my new X35 coil. I've seen a repair done on Facebook - there's an adapter that lies flat on the coil; you can grind the remaining parts off, apply the adapter to the coil, and attach the shaft to the adapter. There are three different ones, one for each size black coil, supposedly made by XP.

I've found a UK dealer with them in stock but am trying to find someone in the US who has them. Anyone have a lead?

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/t...le/503283-metal-detector-coil-ear-repair.html

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Call Moe at service center and see what he will charge you to repair it. Might get done cheaper than you think.

jdiggs_treasure

Jan 12, 2013
northern california
Detector(s) used
Killer b wasp headphones
Whites prostars
garrett carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is something like this not covered under warranty?

OP
OP
C

carolinas

Apr 5, 2012
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Breaking down coil and shaft for flight; trying to remove shaft which was stuck; didn't think I put that much pressure on it. Not covered under warranty and US service center will not repair since not under warranty.

MetalArchSC

Feb 14, 2017
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Google Sugru. Great for repairing anything. Moldable and cures strong. Resistant to extreme temps. Comes in different colors.... If you have the old piece that broke off, it will be an easy fix. If not, just recreate the piece and smooth with a damp cloth for a finished look. Cures in about 24 hours. Their website is very informative about how others have used it for fixes and hacks. Worth a shot. I’m going to try some to fix a refrigerator shelf that snapped.

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Breaking down coil and shaft for flight; trying to remove shaft which was stuck; didn't think I put that much pressure on it. Not covered under warranty and US service center will not repair since not under warranty.

Not even if you pay for it?

jdiggs_treasure

Jan 12, 2013
northern california
Detector(s) used
Killer b wasp headphones
Whites prostars
garrett carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So Xp won't cover a broken ear on a new x35 coil?? I would think since the x35s are new and theres a 5 year warranty they would fix it or give you a new One??

OP
OP
C

carolinas

Apr 5, 2012
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Not under warranty and will not fix even if I pay for it. Hugely frustrating.

I appreciate the responses.

jdiggs_treasure

Jan 12, 2013
northern california
Detector(s) used
Killer b wasp headphones
Whites prostars
garrett carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are you saying your x35 is not under warranty? Should be since they just came out... and there for xp should be fixing it or replacing it...

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wont the place you got it from replace it

austin_luker

Oct 17, 2014
New York State
Detector(s) used
XP Dues (AKA: EMI Chaser/Dog fence lover)
9" X35 - 11" LF - HF Elliptical - MI6 -
Garrett AT Pro with Neil Storm Coil, NEL SharpShooter and Garrett Pro PinPointer AT (Carrot)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
funny people are in shock that XP won't warranty the coil ears breaking. they would have to replace the whole coil shell (upper) to much work and they deff will not be giving a new coil out because of user error. (not being mean)

jdiggs_treasure

Jan 12, 2013
northern california
Detector(s) used
Killer b wasp headphones
Whites prostars
garrett carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
funny people are in shock that XP won't warranty the coil ears breaking. they would have to replace the whole coil shell (upper) to much work and they deff will not be giving a new coil out because of user error. (not being mean)

Shouldn't matter if it's user error or not... we pay lots of money for the deus that comes with a 5 year warranty so yeah xp should be fixing it or replacing it..

Zincaloom

Apr 22, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The coil has a warranty not an insurance policy. How could they replace a coil that has broken due to misuse? If they did all you would need to do is snap one of the mounts off any time you wanted a new coil. If you crash your car the warranty will not fix it either. I am sorry it is broken but I don’t think they are being unreasonable. A reasonably priced repair would be nice.

jdiggs_treasure

Jan 12, 2013
northern california
Detector(s) used
Killer b wasp headphones
Whites prostars
garrett carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The coil has a warranty not an insurance policy. How could they replace a coil that has broken due to misuse? If they did all you would need to do is snap one of the mounts off any time you wanted a new coil. If you crash your car the warranty will not fix it either. I am sorry it is broken but I don’t think they are being unreasonable. A reasonably priced repair would be nice.

What if a coil was not misused and just started to crack at the ear due to using it everyday for lets say 1-2 years or more? Then What? Is that not covered under warranty?

And yes a reasonably priced repair would be nice if XP didn't want to replace the original posters coil...

Last edited:

Zincaloom

Apr 22, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What if a coil was not misused and just started to crack at the ear due to using it everyday for lets say 1-2 years or more? Then What? Is that not covered under warranty?

And yes a reasonably priced repair would be nice if XP didn't want to replace the original posters coil...

If it breaks under normal use then of course it should be replaced under warranty. It would be nice if they could cover in this instance just as good will to make them look nice too.

austin_luker

Oct 17, 2014
New York State
Detector(s) used
XP Dues (AKA: EMI Chaser/Dog fence lover)
9" X35 - 11" LF - HF Elliptical - MI6 -
Garrett AT Pro with Neil Storm Coil, NEL SharpShooter and Garrett Pro PinPointer AT (Carrot)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
knew I would get a few going with that post, but in all seriousness there is NO way any coil company would swap out coils for a broken ear. Warranties are a funny beast and its hard to find then like the good old days with Sears hand tools
"craftsman" you could beat the hell out of what ever tool bend it all up and break it and bring it in for a new one. I never see that happening with coils and detectors

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread