XP brings a low cost Deus clone: XP Orx

namxat

Feb 2, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi people,

dont know if that is already known here but if not:

XP brings a low cost , low spec (?) Deus clone, the XP Orx

Seemingly its programmable, has 4 factory programs and rund 13khz to 81khz. Price is 700 Euro to 800 euros depending if you want wireless headphones.

Official announcement is out, so it is not the ususal photoshop BS:

Announcing the ORX from XP | Blog version EN

I am kind of undecided if that is the thing Deus lite W/o remote is also around 800 and may be the better machine and I am a low frequency man by myself. On the other hand I remember a distributor exclusive Deus version that was only available in emerging markets and had a lot of "I want" reactions from the developed world.

Greets Namxat

Last edited by a moderator:

HuntinDog

Bronze Member
May 26, 2010
No. Cal.
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS / MXT PRO / Garrett ProPointer
The Dist. exclusive version was the DPR 600 by Depar for the So. African market and not sold elsewhere and came out in 2016.

So this XP ORX must be XP's distribution to the rest of the world.

When the DPR600 and I think there was an 800 came out I tried my best to get one and failed.
Now with the X35 coils on the market for our Deus I see no need for an ORX.

If this link works, this was Gary's video on the DPR600

Last edited:
OP
OP
N

namxat

Feb 2, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well as said, I dont know if this is really the thingto run for and it comes into the price range were it cannibalizes the Deus lite.

Off course, XP offers now a machine in the price range of e.g. a F75 and it has some things that the others in the class dont offer (speed, full wireless, low weight), so this thing may be aimed at mid-class competitor models. I would expect a street price of 600-750 Euro/USD once the hype is gone and that should find some buyers (if it does perform).

I would like to see if it is compatible w/ the pinpointer and the legacy coils.

Greets Namxat

hound

Sep 19, 2018
KY
Detector(s) used
XP Deus,
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From what I've gathered the ORX is targeting nugget hunters primarily. It's priced similarly to other recent gold machines. The ORX however comes with more flexibility with the frequency selection and x35 coils. It's not compatible with the regular coils. It does have a ORX remote that's partially gold colored. The layout is the same but the profile I saw is a bit different from the standard horseshoe. I don't know how configurable things will be with that remote, much how the headphones don't have access to more advanced functions.

The modes I saw are:
1 - Gold
2 - Fine Gold
3 - Coin Fast
4 - Coin Deep

The headphones are simpler with no display, and the back piece and support are plastic.

orx1.jpeg
orx4.jpeg
orx5.jpeg

It looks interesting. It's similar to the DPR but the programs are different.

Last edited:

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well as said, I dont know if this is really the thingto run for and it comes into the price range were it cannibalizes the Deus lite.

Off course, XP offers now a machine in the price range of e.g. a F75 and it has some things that the others in the class dont offer (speed, full wireless, low weight), so this thing may be aimed at mid-class competitor models. I would expect a street price of 600-750 Euro/USD once the hype is gone and that should find some buyers (if it does perform).

I would like to see if it is compatible w/ the pinpointer and the legacy coils.

Greets Namxat

The link you yourself posted explicitly says it is compatible with the MI6 but only mentions compatibility with the HF and X35 coils. XP is moving on from the limited capability legacy LF coils as they are no longer available in XP Deus detector packages so I doubt ORX supports them either. What I find strange is that it says it only supports the HF coil frequency range yet it is compatible with the X35 coils. Not clear if it supports the lower frequency modes of the X35 coils, but I think it unlikely that it doesn't. Wish it had more than just 2 user programmable slots.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread