Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2016
Savannah, GA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus HF coils, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Watched your video this morning before getting back home to Savannah from a business trip in Charlotte. Great video. It gave me an idea to play with today. The x35 coils are not as stable as the HF coils but you can turn ID Norm off and use 25kHz as if it’s 16 or 17kHz and it goes freakishly deep. I decided to play with the expert frequency and manually move it down to 23kHz and Reactivity 3. All I can say is wow. With the new 5.2 software update making the the x35 more quiet and bringing the highest frequency setting down to 23kHz at Reactivity 3- blistering. I was very impressed. I will be testing it on some other sites in the near future, but I pulled out some of the deeper targets that the HF coil must have missed. By the way, I kept the TX power at 2. The x35 may be my new “go to” machine.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Watched your video this morning before getting back home to Savannah from a business trip in Charlotte. Great video. It gave me an idea to play with today. The x35 coils are not as stable as the HF coils but you can turn ID Norm off and use 25kHz as if it’s 16 or 17kHz and it goes freakishly deep. I decided to play with the expert frequency and manually move it down to 23kHz and Reactivity 3. All I can say is wow. With the new 5.2 software update making the the x35 more quiet and bringing the highest frequency setting down to 23kHz at Reactivity 3- blistering. I was very impressed. I will be testing it on some other sites in the near future, but I pulled out some of the deeper targets that the HF coil must have missed. By the way, I kept the TX power at 2. The x35 may be my new “go to” machine.

I thought of that ID NORM thing too. It is a little trick that allows the high conductor TID's to not be as bunched up at 25 khz as they are on the HF coil at 28 khz. One case where ID NORM helps in reverse.

Bharpring

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2016
Savannah, GA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus HF coils, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I really like using a custom multi tone program. If the Deus programers could program the controller to be able to set the volume level of each tone (like the NOX), then it would be an almost perfect detector IMO.

HuntinDog

Bronze Member
May 26, 2010
No. Cal.
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS / MXT PRO / Garrett ProPointer
Excellent Video again!!
Can't wait to get out and hunt again.
Been out of action for 5 months with knee problems and surgery.
Watching all of your videos and everyone's posts while rehabbing.
I hope some of what I've learn from everyone sinks in so when I do get back at it, the find will be rolling in.
Thanks again CD for keeping me entertained

shanegalang

Bronze Member
Oct 31, 2007
Island of Mozambique
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, X 35 coil, 11" LF coil, Deteknix headphones with WS4 puck, Fiskars steel D-Handle Transplanting Spade
Primary Interest:
Other
Im not at all familiar with the X 35 coil. Is it also a HF? Can you do the same test with a LF 11" so I'll know if mine would hit it?

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will get my buddy to check it with his 11 lf.

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It can run close to 28 kh. Where the HF coil can run 54 kh.

shanegalang

Bronze Member
Oct 31, 2007
Island of Mozambique
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, X 35 coil, 11" LF coil, Deteknix headphones with WS4 puck, Fiskars steel D-Handle Transplanting Spade
Primary Interest:
Other
Thank you sir.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions