HF 9 inch Round & X35 11 inch

Iffy Signals

Sep 17, 2018
Rhode Island
Detector(s) used
Current-Deus & Equinox 800. Past - CTX, F75, AT Pro/Max, F44, Patriot.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK maybe i'm crazy or possibly got a bad X35 but here we go.. I have the LF 11 & X35 11 inch. When I got my X35 I took it in the test garden where I have been been using the 11 LF for a while. Have everything in there from clad, sliver, pulltabs, coins with old square nails ect.. I began to notice the X35 was not hitting as deep as the 11LF and very crackly on the deep targets, not smooth audio like with the LF. I matched up the freq to have them both running around the 17k mark. I adjusted the audio response up higher to 6 which helped and never thought more about it. While my X35 was on charge for the weekend hunt I took the LF 11inch out and was shocked. It hits deeper at 17k and has a better audio response. Its one of the New 11 inch coils. Anyway.... Today the 9in Round HF came in the mail & WOW! Very impressive. It has a very smooth audio response to deeper targets, Audio is very crisp and from what I see in my garden is possibly just as deep as the 11 inch coil.

For anyone who has both did anyone notice any of the above?

Thanks

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I’m surprised you didn’t get an answer on this one. Unfortunately, I don’t own the X35 so I can’t say anything about it’s performance but something seems off.
Maybe a factory reset or system update, not sure if you haven’t done that already.
Good luck!

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You might have a bad coil?

basstrackerman

Feb 15, 2007
Alabama
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like a bad coil.. I have the 9" & 11" x35 coils and have had the 9" HF coil. And yes the HF coils are very sweet and I'd still have one if I wasn't mostly a coin hunter. My x35 9" coil is my favorite as it's as deep as my original 11" black coil and has more frequencies. I can run my sensitivity up to 98-99 most of the time. So yes im positive your coil has issues

OP
OP
Iffy Signals

Iffy Signals

Sep 17, 2018
Rhode Island
Detector(s) used
Current-Deus & Equinox 800. Past - CTX, F75, AT Pro/Max, F44, Patriot.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the comments. Loving the HF 9.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread