Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By basstrackerman

Thread: Canít decide, need some help please.

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Feb 2017
    19 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Canít decide, need some help please.

I donít do a whole lot of posting because Iím somewhat technologically challenged with devices that arenít detectors. Iím trying real hard to get over that so I can join in and post finds. After 14 years of detecting, I would like to get to make new friends and this site is the place to do that.

Anyway, Iím leaning towards getting a new x35 coil. Canít decide which size. Saw some wanting the 11 over the 9. Then another on YouTube brag about the depth of the 13. I have the 9 LF and the 9 HF that I use all the time. I want to find more silver with the deus but I want to have everything I need so the x35 seems to be the right move.... well unless Iím convinced to invest in the Nox. I hunt all types of sites Hardly ever water.

Please chime in. Making a decision has never been something I do quickly but this one is driving me crazy.

Smokey? Calabash? V?

us
    Feb 2007
    OHIO
    73 times
    Well the 11" x35 coil is what I'd recommend. It's deeper than the 9" and the x35 coils are more stable than older black coils so you can run them hotter. The 11x13 I feel is added weight that isn't needed as its only the tiniest bit deeper than 11". The HF coils are really good coils but for me I prefer the x35 coils due to being a coin hunter first.. also the x35 coils can go up to 27.7kHz frequency which makes them very good for relics in iron sites
    WILD BILL

us
    May 2010
    No. Cal.
    XP DEUS / MXT PRO / Garrett ProPointer
    1462 times
    Well....
    If it were me I would get the X35 11".
    Unless you are hunting open ground looking for sites the 11x13 doesn't lend much over ground coverage.
    Already having a HF 9" an x35 11" would give you more coverage and added depth.
    Added stability to EMI, TX boost, 35 adjustable frequencies are just a few of the bonuses.
    So X35 11" it is...

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2015
    Near Ground Zero for Insanity
    XP Deus with HF Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek Delta/Whites MXT/Garrett Carrot/Piranha Relic Shovel
    4476 times
    Yep, based on what you have, the 11Ē x35 makes the most sense.

I break it all down here (including why I personally donít recommend the large XP x35 11x13Ē coil): 11" LF Coil vs X35 9"

Good Luck!
    Last edited by vferrari; Nov 09, 2018 at 12:45 PM.
    "The future ain't what it used to be..."

us
    Apr 2012
    Western New York
    Compass Coin Magnum, Garrett GTP1350, Minelab CTX 3030, XP Deus, Nokta Impact
    229 times
    Metal Detecting
    I have the 11" X35 coil and I love it!!! It performs superbly. I can run it on TX3 most of the time and 93 sens too. Though I have found that lowering the sens to 85 in heavy iron helps. It is a great all around coil.

Remove Ads

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links