Can’t decide, need some help please.

MetalArchSC

Feb 14, 2017
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don’t do a whole lot of posting because I’m somewhat technologically challenged with devices that aren’t detectors. I’m trying real hard to get over that so I can join in and post finds. After 14 years of detecting, I would like to get to make new friends and this site is the place to do that.

Anyway, I’m leaning towards getting a new x35 coil. Can’t decide which size. Saw some wanting the 11 over the 9. Then another on YouTube brag about the depth of the 13. I have the 9 LF and the 9 HF that I use all the time. I want to find more silver with the deus but I want to have everything I need so the x35 seems to be the right move.... well unless I’m convinced to invest in the Nox. I hunt all types of sites Hardly ever water.

Please chime in. Making a decision has never been something I do quickly but this one is driving me crazy.

Smokey? Calabash? V?

basstrackerman

Feb 15, 2007
Alabama
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well the 11" x35 coil is what I'd recommend. It's deeper than the 9" and the x35 coils are more stable than older black coils so you can run them hotter. The 11x13 I feel is added weight that isn't needed as its only the tiniest bit deeper than 11". The HF coils are really good coils but for me I prefer the x35 coils due to being a coin hunter first.. also the x35 coils can go up to 27.7kHz frequency which makes them very good for relics in iron sites

HuntinDog

Bronze Member
May 26, 2010
No. Cal.
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS / MXT PRO / Garrett ProPointer
Well....
If it were me I would get the X35 11".
Unless you are hunting open ground looking for sites the 11x13 doesn't lend much over ground coverage.
Already having a HF 9" an x35 11" would give you more coverage and added depth.
Added stability to EMI, TX boost, 35 adjustable frequencies are just a few of the bonuses.
So X35 11" it is...

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:

gene the machine

Apr 24, 2012
Western New York
Detector(s) used
Compass Coin Magnum, Garrett GTP1350, Minelab CTX 3030, XP Deus, Nokta Impact
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have the 11" X35 coil and I love it!!! It performs superbly. I can run it on TX3 most of the time and 93 sens too. Though I have found that lowering the sens to 85 in heavy iron helps. It is a great all around coil.

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Why go about learning a whole new detector when you have the Deus in hand already. I’d get the new coil.
Best of luck!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread