1st hunt with 9" HF coil and Calabash's Pitch Program

bado1

Tenderfoot
Nov 13, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went back to the old homestead today with the 9" HF coil (thanks, Gene!) and used Calabash's pitch program. Awesome combination. I found a nice Eagle "I" coat button here on Sunday and also lost my favorite sunglasses. So it was a dual purpose hunt. Unfortunately, I didn't find my sunglasses >:(. I found the usual "underwear buttons", .45 rim fire colt cases, etc. and this...

IMG_0313.jpg

It says, "Cross of the Legion of Honor". Has gold gilt under the dirt and is now getting a ketchup bath. Gonna have to do some research on it.

I really hit it off well with CD's Pitch program and the HF coil in 28kHz. It really alerts to non ferrous targets in the iron.

Dean

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the find!

HuntH2002

Bronze Member
May 27, 2018
San Antonio, TX
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2015 Bounty Hunter Discovery 1100 // 2015 Bounty Hunter Ultra Mag Sharpshooter // 2019 Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

jdiggs_treasure

Jan 12, 2013
northern california
Detector(s) used
Xp deus 11"x35/9"HF roundl/Mi6
Minelab equinox 800 11"& 6" coils
Killer b wasp headphones
Whites prostars
garrett carrot
Predator ranger shovel/raptor digger
Lesche t handle/ hand digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet find!!! Congrats

sleepyjim

Jun 8, 2013
Reno Ish Nevada
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, GM1000, XP Deus, GB Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Legion of Honour (full name: National Order of the Legion of Honour; French: Ordre national de la Légion d'honneur)[2] is the highest French order of merit for military and civil merits, established in 1802 by Napoleon Bonaparte and retained by all the divergent governments and regimes later holding power in France, up to the present.

The order's motto is Honneur et Patrie ("Honour and Fatherland"), and its seat is the Palais de la Légion d'Honneur next to the Musée d'Orsay, on the left bank of the Seine in Paris.[3]

The order is divided into five degrees of increasing distinction: Chevalier (Knight), Officier (Officer), Commandeur (Commander), Grand officier (Grand Officer), and Grand-croix (Grand Cross).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legion_of_Honour

Jim

OP
OP
B

bado1

Tenderfoot
Nov 13, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Legion of Honour (full name: National Order of the Legion of Honour; French: Ordre national de la Légion d'honneur)[2] is the highest French order of merit for military and civil merits, established in 1802 by Napoleon Bonaparte and retained by all the divergent governments and regimes later holding power in France, up to the present.

The order's motto is Honneur et Patrie ("Honour and Fatherland"), and its seat is the Palais de la Légion d'Honneur next to the Musée d'Orsay, on the left bank of the Seine in Paris.[3]

The order is divided into five degrees of increasing distinction: Chevalier (Knight), Officier (Officer), Commandeur (Commander), Grand officier (Grand Officer), and Grand-croix (Grand Cross).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legion_of_Honour

Jim

Wow, Jim! Thanks for the research. That's pretty cool. I would love to know how that came to be in Northern Arizona. There is one old military fort quite close by this site. Thanks again.

Dean

OP
OP
B

bado1

Tenderfoot
Nov 13, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, Jim! Thanks for the research! That's pretty cool. Makes me wonder how that came to be in Northern Arizona? There is an old military fort quite close by to this site. Thanks again.

Dean

gene the machine

Apr 24, 2012
Western New York
Detector(s) used
Compass Coin Magnum, Garrett GTP1350, Minelab CTX 3030, XP Deus, Nokta Impact
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
what a great find Dean, congrats. I'm glad that you like the HF coil. There's nothing like finding something historical in the ground.

HuntinDog

Bronze Member
May 26, 2010
No. Cal.
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS / MXT PRO / Garrett ProPointer
That's an awesome Badge.
With some great history too.
Congrats on a great find.

And welcome to TreasureNet.

OP
OP
B

bado1

Tenderfoot
Nov 13, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks everyone!

Dean

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratualtions! :occasion14:

tnsharpshooter

Jul 10, 2012
Tn
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus 2, Xp Deus 1, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds bado.

Rookster