HuntinDog

Bronze Member
May 26, 2010
No. Cal.
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS / MXT PRO / Garrett ProPointer
Interesting stuff.
Always like Gary's videos.
I didn't hear a price point just that it will be cheaper...

GreenMeanie

Jun 3, 2006
TreasureTerrain.com
Detector(s) used
NOX 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't see the value in the regular DEUS now that the ORX is out.
Could someone explain what make the DEUS worth 600-700 more?
I don't think more program slots is worth the extra cost myself.

HuntinDog

Bronze Member
May 26, 2010
No. Cal.
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS / MXT PRO / Garrett ProPointer
ORX $800-$900 US
Deus 10 programs + 8 savable program slots and way more flexibility.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ORX is designed primarily for gold prospecting using the seldom used Gold Field Mode in addition to two, more traditional, coin, relic modes. Only two user programmable slots is not good because the flexibility of the Deus is in the ability to quickly switch between custom programs set up for different frequencies to interrogate the target. I suspect there will be a lot less flexibility to adjust user parameters, especially tone settings which is critical to the effectiveness of the Deus. Also, the headphones, though wireless, are audio only with no detector controls on the headset which eliminates the ability to use the detector without the control head. Probably a lot more other compromises, but not a bad "economy" version of the Deus but not really a much of an economy savings.

GreenMeanie

Jun 3, 2006
TreasureTerrain.com
Detector(s) used
NOX 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The video says it has coin modes and can also use the new coils X35 so it doesn't seem to be just designed towards just gold modes.
I was surprised they gave so many bells and whistles that the DEUS has to the ORX.

OP
OP
tnsharpshooter

tnsharpshooter

Jul 10, 2012
Tn
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus 2, Xp Deus 1, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What I want to know, does XP plan on using the newer lighter rod on actual new Deus units sold in near future.
Sorta dumb if they don’t. Heh

Or did they not make them compatible to Deus remote??

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The video says it has coin modes and can also use the new coils X35 so it doesn't seem to be just designed towards just gold modes.
I was surprised they gave so many bells and whistles that the DEUS has to the ORX.

Never said it was designed JUST for gold, I said it was designed PRIMARILY for gold prospecting as evidenced by half the preprogrammed slots being dedicated to gold field pitch mode. Not a mode most Deus users are accustomed to using for coin shooting (though I DO use it in highly mineralized ground). He also says that the reason XP developed the ORX is primarily for the worldwide/third world gold prospecting market. Good simplistic implementation of the "Deus DNA" as Gary puts it. Deus users will see it as a step backward, but I personally think I would prefer to have this setup than the similarly priced Deus lite setup without the control box. Nevertheless, LOTS of limitations (especially on audio flexibility and lack of custom program slots) versus the flexibility of the full up Deus package. Glad you can use the new X35 coils with it.

GreenMeanie

Jun 3, 2006
TreasureTerrain.com
Detector(s) used
NOX 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wouldn't mind having a DEUS update with the Target ID option from the ORX where it just shows the Target number on screen.

OP
OP
tnsharpshooter

tnsharpshooter

Jul 10, 2012
Tn
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus 2, Xp Deus 1, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don’t seem to see a user’s manual available yet.
Anyone else seen one??

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wouldn't mind having a DEUS update with the Target ID option from the ORX where it just shows the Target number on screen.

Totally agree with you! Plus having that ferrous probability bar would be cool too.

Also, another shortcoming I noticed. Looks like Gary was really struggling on determining target depth before digging. Doesn’t appear to have a depth/overload/signal strength meter and may be lacking audio response modulation vs. Deus.

Last edited:

toasted

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2015
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looks like a good machine but just like the Deus, a little on the pricy side compared to what else is out there. Definitely a better choice over the Deus lite package and likely all I would need if I didnt already have a full Deus. Ive got two programs that I use 99% of the time. Interested to see just what you can/cant adjust on the Orx vs Deus. Looks like the most important setting of reactivity is adjustable though

Last edited:

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like a good machine but just like the Deus, a little on the pricy side compared to what else is out there. Definitely a better choice over the Deus lite package and likely all I would need if I didnt already have a full Deus. Ive got two programs that I use 99% of the time. Interested to see just what you can/cant adjust on the Orx vs Deus. Looks like the most important setting of reactivity is adjustable though

TNSS posted the manual in another post.

Basically you have 2 slots occupied by the Deus Gold Field Program (called Gold/Fine Gold) and 2 slots occupied by the Deus Fast program (called Coin Fast/Coin Deep) and 2 open slots. Sensitivity and Disc are fully adjustable 0-99 (IAR is used for the Gold Programs instead of disc). Tones are either Pitch (Gold) or 3-Tones (Coin) with the low tone corresponding to iron, based on the disc setting, and which can be turned either off or on - that's it, no adjusting iron volume level. No full tones, no pitch tone in Coin mode, no 4 or 5 multitones, no audio response, no notches, no silencer, and the mid and high tone breaks are not adjustable. A threshold tone can be set in the Gold modes. Reactivity can be adjusted from 1, 2, 2.5, 3 - which are the only reactivity settings I have used on Deus anyway. For ground settings it is manually or automatically set with ground grab if there is enough mineralization, but no tracking mode. You can select a salt range for wet salt or alkaline soil conditions. Fully adjustable coil frequency settings within the capability of the coil you attach to it. No TX power adjustment, No Target ID normalization across frequencies, no apparent target volume modulation with depth, and no depth meter. So that's it.

The difference between the two preprogrammed gold programs is the default sensitivity setting, the default frequency setting (31 khz/51 or 74 khz depending on the HF coil you use or 17/25 khz for the x35 coil) and the reactivity setting. The difference between the two preprogrammed coin modes is the default reactivity setting (2.5 for fast, 2 for deep). If you are using the HF coils, both coin modes are set at 14 khz. If you are using the X35 coils, Fast Coin is set at 17 khz and Deep Coin is set at 8 khz.

If I could have them add just one more thing to ORX, it would be adding a pitch tone option to the fast/coin modes, lower the price by $200 and I would have picked it up as the ideal grab and go, travel machine.

Otherwise, it is apparently geared toward the gold seeker with a pair of very simplistic, yet effective coin/relic mode programs thrown in for good measure.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions