VERY IMPORANT !!! I called Deus 12-21-2018

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
James there at Detector Electronics Corp told me this in a email .

" James ********
DEC 21, 2018 | 03:28PM EST
Gary,

You would be able to get that replaced, but we would have to do that repair for you. Opening up the control box would void any warranty, and our technician would no longer be able to work on it, even after warranty.

That being said, it's about $178 to do that swap, so just let us know if you want to do that.

I hope that helps!

Jim"

Has anyone had any experience with this ?

According to Jim not only does it void the warranty but they will never be able to work on that controler again

OP
OP
Gare

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is the complete email i got FROM James: I AM NOT UPSET with james but just letting you all know about this !!!

James ********
DEC 21, 2018 | 03:28PM EST
Gary,

You would be able to get that replaced, but we would have to do that repair for you. Opening up the control box would void any warranty, and our technician would no longer be able to work on it, even after warranty.

That being said, it's about $178 to do that swap, so just let us know if you want to do that.

I hope that helps!

Jim

You can place your order online on our website or give me a call. We are a

family owned business established in 1983. Anyone here can help

you; we do not work on commission. The prices that you see on our

website are the lowest prices allowed by each brand that we

represent. We include free ground shipping in the US and pack every

order in our own warehouse. We offer 12 months to pay for customers in the United States. Just choose Affirm as your payment method in the checkout.

Give us a call at 1-508-460-6244 or 1-800-446-0244 if you have any additional questions? Our office is open Monday through Friday from 9 am to 5:30 pm EST.

PS Everyone on the MetalDetector.com team is here for you before

and after you select your detector. Check out our customer

comments. You will see that we go above and beyond to provide the

best customer experience in the industry.

Best Regards,
James ********
Detector Electronics Corp.
1-800-446-0244 Toll Free US
1-888-627-5295 Toll Free Canada
1-508-460-6244 US & International
1-508-460-6247 Fax
1-508-231-5377 Text

For answers to frequently asked questions visit:
Detector Electronics Corp. | Portal

Visit our blog:
Metaldetector.com - Blog - Metal Detector products from Detector Electronics Corp - The MetalDetector.com blog features the latest metal detector finds, how to tips and advice, details on new products, news, product reviews and special promotions.

Last edited:

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I guess I'm missing something here but what is wrong with the machine?

OP
OP
Gare

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MY screen has a couple scratches on it
'

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
EBay has a couple of screen protectors. The one I bought works great. Sorry about your machine but scratches will occur without a cover.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MY screen has a couple scratches on it
'

Gare - unless those scratches were on a new controller fresh out of the box, that is a pretty standard response (i.e., that would not be covered under warranty) unless you are just letting us know the price which is pretty much consistent with what cell phone screens cost for replacement and the fact that they would not work on it if the warranty is voided (seems strange, but ok). I always keep my controller in a protective cover since it is just naturally going to get exposed to dirt, grime, and getting knocked around. There are some good slip on covers out there. I would personally avoid the XP silicone protector as it becomes easily scratched and "foggy" over time when regularly exposed to the dirt and grime of detecting put there are a variety of slip on covers that can readily protect your investment.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Gare

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Vferriari I think you miss understood this posting. I did not expect my controller to be covered under warranty. I was just letting people know that if THEY OPENED there controller them selves THEY would NO LONGER WORK ON THAT CONTROLLER ANY MORE AT ALL . Not under warranty or EVEN with out under warranty. Once you open it up they will no longer work on it what so ever

Last edited:

gene the machine

Apr 24, 2012
Western New York
Detector(s) used
Compass Coin Magnum, Garrett GTP1350, Minelab CTX 3030, XP Deus, Nokta Impact
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
i thought that we could purchase any parts that we want for our controllers. Face plate, back plate, bottom rubber cover, etc. so is he saying that if we replace the bottom rubber cover ourselves for example and later on we have trouble with the controller not functioning properly that they won't work on it? not even if we pay?

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i thought that we could purchase any parts that we want for our controllers. Face plate, back plate, bottom rubber cover, etc. so is he saying that if we replace the bottom rubber cover ourselves for example and later on we have trouble with the controller not functioning properly that they won't work on it? not even if we pay?

Guess so. Fine if they don't want to make any money, I guess. I have found the controller to be pretty reliable so I am not worrying about it. By the time it dies I'll either just get a new controller for less or the latest and greatest Deus II (but not the ORX - LOL). I guess I would send it in for a battery replacement if necessary. Not going to worry about scratches and such (use a screen protector anyway). Hell Andy Sabisch shows a video of someone driving over it with a car and it still works. So, from an electronics standpoint, I think it will last awhile.

Vferriari I think you miss understood this posting. I did not expect my controller to be covered under warranty. I was just letting people know that if THEY OPENED there controller them selves THEY would NO LONGER WORK ON THAT CONTROLLER ANY MORE AT ALL . Not under warranty or EVEN with out under warranty. Once you open it up they will no longer work on it what so ever

Yeah, I missed your point. Rather than just posting an email up out of context it would be great if you just spelled it out like you did above. Otherwise, as you can tell, folks were a little confused as to what your were driving at.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Gare

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes Gene that's what they told me

GreenMeanie

Jun 3, 2006
TreasureTerrain.com
Detector(s) used
NOX 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't ask Don't tell?
I know there is ways Apple can tell if you opened a computer but doubt XP did anything with the controller.

Last edited:

austin_luker

Oct 17, 2014
New York State
Detector(s) used
XP Dues (AKA: EMI Chaser/Dog fence lover)
9" X35 - 11" LF - HF Elliptical - MI6 -
Garrett AT Pro with Neil Storm Coil, NEL SharpShooter and Garrett Pro PinPointer AT (Carrot)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
the part i didn't like to read was
"Opening up the control box would void any warranty, and our technician would no longer be able to work on it, even after warranty.
WTF I really mean WTF!! So if I decided to swap my own case out because of scratches or replace my battery "like XP states I can do" EVEN IF PAST WARRANTY DATE and I try and pay you real American $ you won't touch my machine because I opened it up? I wish I could swear here... total Fn BS MF

If this is true I will never spend a dime with them again ever.... the deus is easy to fix if something breaks YOURSELF

OP
OP
Gare

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Austin this was I was trying to make everyone aware of

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have replaced a few things on my Deus, nothing on the control box. Is that this particular dealer talking or the manufacturer? I won't admit to setting a lawn chair and sitting on it awhile today.

stewielouie

May 14, 2012
Virginia
Detector(s) used
MXT, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

And I didnt read it like that, I took what they wrote as telling you that if you opened it, it would viod, but they would do the work needed on it for 178 bucks.

I guess Perception is key.

HuntinDog

Bronze Member
May 26, 2010
No. Cal.
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS / MXT PRO / Garrett ProPointer
I think this my just be them NOT XP.
If they say "you opened it so we won't fix it"
I'm sure you could still send it to XP and have them fix it.
Just would take forever to go over seas and back....

austin_luker

Oct 17, 2014
New York State
Detector(s) used
XP Dues (AKA: EMI Chaser/Dog fence lover)
9" X35 - 11" LF - HF Elliptical - MI6 -
Garrett AT Pro with Neil Storm Coil, NEL SharpShooter and Garrett Pro PinPointer AT (Carrot)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
All of this is a little mute of a point anyway, who in there right mind would pay 175 when its 4 screws?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread