Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Member
Discoveries
 
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 47
Like Tree141Likes

Thread: Who is the King in iron?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
  1. #16
    us
    Sep 2018
    Rhode Island
    Deus & Nox
    104
    179 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Truth1253 View Post
    I dig more iron with the Equinox than I ever have in my life. I my iron field I can’t determine if it’s a iron false or a half dime mixed in iron nails. I’ve found all my half dimes and half reals in plugs with 6 nails, but they all sound the same as the plugs I’ve dug with just 6 nails and a false. So I dig it all.....it wears me out because I have to dig so much.
    Thats the Truth Truth.. I love the Nox but i understand the tones enough now on the Deus to dig minimal iron. The Nox is tough to understand in iron infested Cellars. Deus shine in those iron conditions.
    Truth1253 and calabash digger like this.
    iffy signals - youtube

  2. #17
    Charter Member
    us
    Nov 2012
    Maryland
    XP Deus, Tesoro Cibola
    10,337
    15601 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (6)
    One thing about either machine...do NOT rely wholly on the VDI. Some aluminum trash (real heavy industrial stuff) in a field I was digging this weekend sounded off as a high tone and "83" on the Deus. The Confederate button also rang as a high tone as an "83". Dig it all. Wisely.

  3. #18
    Charter Member
    us
    I'm a greater believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of itĒ ― Thomas Jefferson

    Apr 2016
    Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
    EQUINOX 800
    8,972
    17048 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Iffy Signals View Post
    Thats the Truth Truth.. I love the Nox but i understand the tones enough now on the Deus to dig minimal iron. The Nox is tough to understand in iron infested Cellars. Deus shine in those iron conditions.
    It starts to mentally break me down more than physically due to the New Orleans coffee with chicory. Dude otís like liquid meth. But the Equinox is a iron magnet. And you know I donít lie

  4. #19
    Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2015
    Near Ground Zero for Insanity
    XP Deus with HF Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek Delta/Whites MXT/Garrett Carrot/Piranha Relic Shovel
    3,468
    5129 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by smokeythecat View Post
    I can reasonably discriminate out the larger iron with the Deus. When first on a site, I dig some deliberately. In my Virginia horrid red dirt iron patch, I will still dig the half dollar sized pieces of tinned iron ration cans. Lots of times they will read as high tones. We're at the point we are looking for "real" targets between two or more "hot rocks" which make the machine scream. Now THAT's Hard.
    But not impossible! As you know. Har Har.
    "The future ain't what it used to be..."

  5. #20
    Charter Member
    us
    Nov 2012
    Maryland
    XP Deus, Tesoro Cibola
    10,337
    15601 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (6)
    No V, not impossible. But you did have to stand on your head to find that one. BTW try to make more NOISE in the woods next time we go out! It was hilarious. Even got the neighbor's dog barking at you! (I have permission from him from last year.)
    calabash digger and dfallis1 like this.

  6. #21
    Charter Member
    us
    “Never argue with a fool. Onlooker may not be able to tell the difference.” Mark Twain

    Nov 2017
    Southeast Louisiana
    Minelab CTX 3030, XP Deus, Shadow X5, Shadow X2, Fisher F44, Whites Coinmaster, Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Compadre' and Tesoro Cortes.
    1,130
    1462 times
    Relic Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by smokeythecat View Post
    That HF elliptical coil just rocks it, V calls it the little "laser".
    Smokey,

    I've read about the HF Elliptical coil in some of your previous post, as well as some mentions by VF and CD and one day I'd love to try it out, but beings I just got my Deus X35 with the 9" coil, I'm going to follow CD's advice and get some hours on the machine before buying your "Laser" coil, but I sure love hearing and seeing all the great finds your making with it!!!

    "D"



    "Blessed is the Nation, who's God is the Lord!!!" Psalms 33:12

    "I have fought against the people of the North because I believed they were seeking to wrest from the South its dearest rights. But I have never cherished toward them bitter or vindictive feelings, and I have never seen the day when I did not pray for them." General Robert E. Lee


    "My religious belief teaches me to feel as safe in battle as in bed. God has fixed the time for my death. I do not concern myself about that, but to be always ready, no matter when it may overtake me, that is the way all men should live, and then all would be equally brave." General Stonewall Jackson

    Founder / CEO of the "Indian Creek Historical Society"

  7. #22
    Charter Member
    us
    Nov 2012
    Maryland
    XP Deus, Tesoro Cibola
    10,337
    15601 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (6)
    Possum, I have had a lot of machines with more than one coil and what I have done with the Deus is I sold the one that came with the machine, and only have the 9" elliptical coil now. It snakes in and out of corn rows very well, I found a few Civil War relics due to that capability and gets in tight places. In a wide open field it does well also as on the vertical axis it still give you a 9" wide area to swing over. With the Deus' extremely light weight, I extend the lower rod almost all the way out, walk slow and nail some nice relics with it. Good that way at the beach also.

    I talked to a few people about getting an x35 but after those discussions, I decided against it, at least for now. The only machine I really saw a big difference in changing out coils was with my Tesoro Vaquero. With the larger coil I could get a lot deeper and dig minie balls in the bad Virginia ground, but once we moved into the camps, we lost the advantage with the big coil-too much iron.

    I think the 9" is giving me adequate depth. I may try running a lower frequency soon. (Like in about 3 hours from now.) I have picked up non ferrous objects 9" to almost 18" but the larger depths are a rarity with the 9" coil. The 18" deep one (an estimate), was the cover to the 18th century locking tobacco box I got a week ago in good ground.

  8. #23
    Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2015
    Near Ground Zero for Insanity
    XP Deus with HF Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek Delta/Whites MXT/Garrett Carrot/Piranha Relic Shovel
    3,468
    5129 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Can't say enough good things about either Deus HF coil. Pulled the following out of the nasty stuff with the 9" round. including the Eagle button out from between those two embedded hot rocks, a percussion cap, some grommets, and a lot of camp lead large and small. The non-corroded but distorted square nails were telltale of the firepits that contained all that camp lead and glass shards (not shown). The fire anneals the iron and makes them less susceptible to corrosion. The big iron pot hook was an example of a keeper "big iron" relic.

    You need to find the "right" iron to know where the non-ferrous keepers are, that is why having iron volume with discrimination in either pitch or multitones (vice full tones) is key in these conditions.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190107_220519.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	4.30 MB 
ID:	1668854

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190107_220557.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	2.16 MB 
ID:	1668855

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190106_174047.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	2.33 MB 
ID:	1668856
    Last edited by vferrari; Jan 08, 2019 at 06:38 AM.
    "The future ain't what it used to be..."

  9. #24
    us
    BILL

    Jul 2015
    s.tier NY
    TESORO, MINELAB, WHITES , GARRETT
    456
    662 times
    Metal Detecting
    Sure am goad we don't have that electric red dirt here but we have something much worse right now....frozen ground. Has anybody tried the new xp machines ?

  10. #25
    Bharp

    Dec 2016
    Savannah, GA
    XP Deus HF coils, Minelab Equinox 800
    758
    2191 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    My ORX is supposed to come today. I will be testing it immediately to see if XP sprinkled any "fair dust" on the controller programming to get better performance than the V5.2 or whatever the latest update version is on the Deus. As far as the Elliptical Coil, some of you already know that I am a big fan! It is my go-to coil. However, the Round Coil is great too. The big advantage with the HF coils is the high frequency and blazing fast processing of the signal. I have also recently dug non ferrous items like flying eagles that were completely encapsulated by rust and surrounded in the hole by a layer of iron. I couldn't even get them completely cleaned. The Virginia button, same thing completely encapsulated in iron rust and the HF coil smacked it. Smokey, what is your method for cleaning crusty rust off of stuff?

  11. #26
    Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2015
    Near Ground Zero for Insanity
    XP Deus with HF Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek Delta/Whites MXT/Garrett Carrot/Piranha Relic Shovel
    3,468
    5129 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Bharpring View Post
    My ORX is supposed to come today. I will be testing it immediately to see if XP sprinkled any "fair dust" on the controller programming to get better performance than the V5.2 or whatever the latest update version is on the Deus. As far as the Elliptical Coil, some of you already know that I am a big fan! It is my go-to coil. However, the Round Coil is great too. The big advantage with the HF coils is the high frequency and blazing fast processing of the signal. I have also recently dug non ferrous items like flying eagles that were completely encapsulated by rust and surrounded in the hole by a layer of iron. I couldn't even get them completely cleaned. The Virginia button, same thing completely encapsulated in iron rust and the HF coil smacked it. Smokey, what is your method for cleaning crusty rust off of stuff?
    So what's the verdict? Very interested in the opinion of an expert Deus user who has actually operated the ORX, which I have not.

    I have formed my opinion solely from analyzing the specs and Gary's videos. From this, I have concluded the Deus already does what ORX does and does it better. Gold Field on ORX appears to be the same as Deus. Coin/relic mode appears to be bare bones that is limited to three tones in the coin/relic mode with no audio modulation to give a sense of target depth (I noticed how Gary was struggling to get a handle on depth on his recoveries in his promo video). The headphones cannot be used standalone from the controller and its priced about the same as a complete used Deus setup. I do like the Target ID display and visual iron indicator on the display and the ground grab method of ground balancing (which is how Gold Field works in the Deus btw).

    Three tones is fine (I can probably live without 5 tones or full tones), but lack of tone break adjustments or pitch audio are non-starters AFAIC.

    My verdict is pass at the advertised price point.

    If it was priced as is but included a choice of two Deus coils, that would be a great deal.

    Let us know what you think and if you did detect any XP fairy dust. Thanks.
    "The future ain't what it used to be..."

  12. #27
    Bharp

    Dec 2016
    Savannah, GA
    XP Deus HF coils, Minelab Equinox 800
    758
    2191 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by vferrari View Post
    So what's the verdict? Very interested in the opinion of an expert Deus user who has actually operated the ORX, which I have not.

    I have formed my opinion solely from analyzing the specs and Gary's videos. From this, I have concluded the Deus already does what ORX does and does it better. Gold Field on ORX appears to be the same as Deus. Coin/relic mode appears to be bare bones that is limited to three tones in the coin/relic mode with no audio modulation to give a sense of target depth (I noticed how Gary was struggling to get a handle on depth on his recoveries in his promo video). The headphones cannot be used standalone from the controller and its priced about the same as a complete used Deus setup. I do like the Target ID display and visual iron indicator on the display and the ground grab method of ground balancing (which is how Gold Field works in the Deus btw).

    Three tones is fine (I can probably live without 5 tones or full tones), but lack of tone break adjustments or pitch audio are non-starters AFAIC.

    My verdict is pass at the advertised price point.

    If it was priced as is but included a choice of two Deus coils, that would be a great deal.

    Let us know what you think and if you did detect any XP fairy dust. Thanks.
    I got it out of the box last night and paired it up with head phones, coil and pinpointer. I went outside my hotel room to a grass side strip and dug a zinc penny. First impressions were that it was very simple to set up, not many adjustments or settings can be customized as you mentioned above. IMO the coin fast and coin deep programs are a version of the Hot Program. I need to test its limits to see if there is an advantage over the XP Deus in performance. So tomorrow I will be conducting some tests in my test garden and on a tough site. There seem to be no way to adjust GB, Iron Vol level, or tone pitches. I assume that the Silencer is stuck at -1, since you don't have the option to change it. You can change sensitivity, frequency and reactivity within the programs. I will let you know the results and have some videos either tomorrow night or Saturday sometime.
    VMI Digger and RustyGold like this.

  13. #28
    Charter Member
    us
    Nov 2012
    Maryland
    XP Deus, Tesoro Cibola
    10,337
    15601 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (6)
    V, heat up some regular hydrogen peroxide and when heated, drop your VA red dirt goodies in it. It will clean them within a minute. No time wasted with brushes.

  14. #29

    Feb 2017
    Pa
    EQ 800 & 600, Fisher F75 +, Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Conquistador, Bounty hunter Tracker iv
    2,140
    3211 times
    Metal Detecting
    Smokey, do you guys ever try sifting the dirt in those super trashy spots you dig? Not exactly easy on the back but I just wonder if it would be any more efficient vs beeping. Then after getting down a shovel blade you could detect that lower level? Just curious
    Possum and smokeythecat like this.

  15. #30
    Charter Member
    us
    Nov 2012
    Maryland
    XP Deus, Tesoro Cibola
    10,337
    15601 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (6)
    Yes, we have dug some places like that, but use a big magnet and pinpointers to find the stuff. A screen can rip the shanks off Civil War buttons.
    calabash digger and Possum like this.

 

 
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. [WANTED] D-Tex Coin King or Money King early sleek futuristic motion design
    By Joe(TX) in forum Treasure Related Stuff Wanted
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Jan 28, 2017, 06:42 AM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: May 24, 2015, 01:59 AM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: Sep 21, 2014, 02:07 PM
  4. RIP-Yvonne King(King Sisters-King Family)
    By warsawdaddy in forum In Memory Of....
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Dec 19, 2009, 08:18 PM
  5. I am the king of iron junk...
    By eathan in forum Today's Finds!
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: May 16, 2007, 08:24 AM
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.3.0