Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't particular like the pitch program as my loop can have 10 targets under it at the same time. I like the Deus Fast. I even use it at the beach. It whips that signal to the loop and back like nobody's business.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't particular like the pitch program as my loop can have 10 targets under it at the same time. I like the Deus Fast. I even use it at the beach. It whips that signal to the loop and back like nobody's business.

Just to be clear, I use Deus fast with tones set to pitch, not the built in pitch program which does not have the right silencer setting. Pitch, for me, makes partially masked, non-ferrous pop in the iron when I am just searching. Not everyone's cup of tea tho. Right next to it on my custom programs is Deus fast with 5 tones instead of 3 (or pitch), which is similar to Smokeys program and I use it when I am in a small hot spot with lots of ferrous and non ferrous targets. I use both of these and sometimes gold field (because it is the deepest mode in mineralized dirt) when I am in the red stuff. Or in one of Smokey's torture chambers - red stuff plus thick iron - which I endure because because Smokey endlessly busts my butt about how bad a relic hunter I am which motivates me and it is where I have found most of my best small brass finds left behind by the AT pros and the like which have cleaned out the easy surface targets and are now useless at those sites.

Last edited:
OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LMAO! But I still take you out, V! What he said, I do not use the actual "pitch" program. Red stuff plus thick iron, V's getting it now and learning fast. That's a compliment. It's hard on anyone. But most folks walk through the place, go take a break, then go home. V got his hat letter there, and we've done ok, considering he's right about the AT Pros and the like being useless on that one spot.

fishstick

Silver Member
Oct 28, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5, T2SE, F2 for the boys, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just to be clear, I use Deus fast with tones set to pitch, not the built in pitch program which does not have the right silencer setting. Pitch, for me, makes partially masked, non-ferrous pop in the iron when I am just searching. Not everyone's cup of tea tho. Right next to it on my custom programs is Deus fast with 5 tones instead of 3 (or pitch), which is similar to Smokeys program and I use it when I am in a small hot spot with lots of ferrous and non ferrous targets. I use both of these and sometimes gold field (because it is the deepest mode in mineralized dirt) when I am in the red stuff. Or in one of Smokey's torture chambers - red stuff plus thick iron - which I endure because because Smokey endlessly busts my butt about how bad a relic hunter I am which motivates me and it is where I have found most of my best small brass finds left behind by the AT pros and the like which have cleaned out the easy surface targets and are now useless at those sites.

I've only been swinging the Deus for 3 months now but that's how I've been running it. Those signals Scream... My question is what #s do you have the pitch set at for a 9" lf coil?

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
603 hz (or whatever the maximum setting is for the pitch frequency).

wadevb1

Tenderfoot
Dec 26, 2018
West Michigan
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A new guy chiming in here...

Unless I missed it, I saw no mention of the Anfibo Multi, which surprised me.

Im asking because I've been out of the game for a decade and narrowed my selection to the Deus, Anfibio or the CTX3030. Unfortunately, I don't think the 3030 would suit me well in old home sites, parks and other areas that tend to be littered with trash and iron. I'm more of a coin shooter than relic hunter, FWIW

Back when I bought my DFX, the playing field was pretty even. Now, I'm in analysis paralysis with the selection and seems the Deus and Anfibio are my contenders, thus why I'm inquiring about the Anfibio working trash....especilally with the small 4x7? coil they offer.

Thanks

Last edited:

Iffy Signals

Sep 17, 2018
Rhode Island
Detector(s) used
Current-Deus & Equinox 800. Past - CTX, F75, AT Pro/Max, F44, Patriot.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A new guy chiming in here...

Unless I missed it, I saw no mention of the Anfibo Multi, which surprised me.

Im asking because I've been out of the game for a decade and narrowed my selection to the Deus, Anfibio or the CTX3030. Unfortunately, I don't think the 3030 would suit me well in old home sites, parks and other areas that tend to be littered with trash and iron. I'm more of a coin shooter than relic hunter, FWIW

Back when I bought my DFX, the playing field was pretty even. Now, I'm in analysis paralysis with the selection and seems the Deus and Anfibio are my contenders, thus why I'm inquiring about the Anfibio working trash....especilally with the small 4x7? coil they offer.

Thanks

Welcome Wade! I had the CTX and love the machine but like you mentioed it is not the best in Iron, i have never used the Amfibio but the videos and reviews look good. I hunt mostly cellar holes and farm fields loaded with Iron and i have not found a machine that can beat the Deus for my style of hunting. Good luck

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You should also consider the Equinox because of its speed vs. CTX. But Deus edges it out in thick iron. Calabash Digger can chime in on the Anfibio.

wadevb1

Tenderfoot
Dec 26, 2018
West Michigan
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I subscribed to Calabash YouTube (entertaining fella) and his videos and comments brought the Anfibio on my radar when I was focusing on the XP. For some reason, the Equinox isn’t resonating with me. Being in Michigan, I have a few months to figure things out before the thaw

I appreciate the feedback

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am apparently and unknowingly single handedly ruining the detector market. OMG! THREE guys I dig with just got new XP Deus machines. None of them are newbies, my one bud can whoop almost anybody with his AT Pro, which is now a backup machine. I won't say who it is, as I dig with a lot of folks, but I am simply amazed he can tell me what's coming out of the ground (regarding coins) like nobody's business. These advanced detectorists already have AT Pro's, Equinox 800's, White's V3i, (did I get that right?), AT Max's, Fisher F-75 and Minelab Sovereign's, none of which are slouches. Who'd a thought?

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AND...the stuff has to BE THERE to begin with! Otherwise a pie pan on a stick would suffice.

Bquamb

Dec 29, 2014
Vancouver Island
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, EQ 800, AT-Pro, Xterra-505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dig more iron with the Equinox than I ever have in my life. I my iron field I can’t determine if it’s a iron false or a half dime mixed in iron nails. I’ve found all my half dimes and half reals in plugs with 6 nails, but they all sound the same as the plugs I’ve dug with just 6 nails and a false. So I dig it all.....it wears me out because I have to dig so much.

I find using the all metal / discrimination is key. Try putting your 1 profile onto your favorite (be it field or park) and then have your secondary profile set to gold 1 wide open. If you get a good target compare readings vs the weighted 20/40Khz and then back to your primary in all metal. I find gold mode because it's so stupid fast and single toned you get a very good idea of what it is. Might take an extra 15 seconds to choose to dig or leave but I dig so little iron because of it. Takes some getting used to but going all metal, wide open on your favorite for the grunt and then seeing what gold tells you number wise is a great trick.

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
15 seconds extra? I decide to dig or not to dig within 5.

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Truth do you swing your coil BOTH WAYS before moving . That might disclose more targets and less iron

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions