Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree156Likes

Thread: Who is the King in iron?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2015
    Near Ground Zero for Insanity
    XP Deus with HF Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek Delta/Whites MXT/Garrett Carrot/Piranha Relic Shovel
    5630 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Bharpring View Post
    I got it out of the box last night and paired it up with head phones, coil and pinpointer. I went outside my hotel room to a grass side strip and dug a zinc penny. First impressions were that it was very simple to set up, not many adjustments or settings can be customized as you mentioned above. IMO the coin fast and coin deep programs are a version of the Hot Program. I need to test its limits to see if there is an advantage over the XP Deus in performance. So tomorrow I will be conducting some tests in my test garden and on a tough site. There seem to be no way to adjust GB, Iron Vol level, or tone pitches. I assume that the Silencer is stuck at -1, since you don't have the option to change it. You can change sensitivity, frequency and reactivity within the programs. I will let you know the results and have some videos either tomorrow night or Saturday sometime.
    I hope silencer is stuck at -1 (i.e., off) and doesn't adjust automatically with reactivity behind the scenes. Note the ORX also doesn't appear to have auto ground tracking.
    Bharpring and calabash digger like this.
    "The future ain't what it used to be..."

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2015
    XP Deus with HF Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek Delta/Whites MXT/Garrett Carrot/Piranha Relic Shovel
    5630 times
    Quote Originally Posted by smokeythecat View Post
    V, heat up some regular hydrogen peroxide and when heated, drop your VA red dirt goodies in it. It will clean them within a minute. No time wasted with brushes.
    Great tip. Thanks!

Charter Member
    us
    Nov 2012
    Maryland
    XP Deus, Tesoro Cibola, White's TDI SL, Tesoro Tejon
    18370 times
    Banner Finds (7)
    Does that mean I'm tipsy? Why are we up this late? I for one had a happy nap today! Retirement is ruining my internal clock.

us
    Aug 2018
    Abes Space
    ML. 705 X-terra ML. Explorer SE Pro XP Deus
    45 times
    Metal Detecting
    Great post smoke...Question If I might=Just recently i picked up the hfe love the hfr anywho with the smaller foot print what might be runin your reactivety at as a rule Iwould imagine swing speed can keep you in check somewhat..to get that--yea/naw response..Thanks in advance...Happy trails L>b.

us
    Aug 2018
    Abes Space
    ML. 705 X-terra ML. Explorer SE Pro XP Deus
    45 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by calabash digger View Post
    Deus has been very good to me..
    Well I would guess..u feelun hurter u...Happy Trails Lil bit

us
    May 2010
    No. Cal.
    XP DEUS / MXT PRO / Garrett ProPointer
    2175 times
    Smokey
    I learned long ago that the Deus was the king in the iron.
    When I can pull a target from the iron like this.
    The Chinese coin was attched to the iron plate at 6" !!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0444.JPG 
Views:	23 
Size:	413.4 KB 
ID:	1670305   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0445.JPG 
Views:	21 
Size:	475.1 KB 
ID:	1670306  
    dirtlooter, RustyGold and Possum like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Nov 2012
    Maryland
    18370 times
    Banner Finds (7)
    HuntinDog, that's why I still have the machine. The little monster rocks.
    Possum likes this.

us
    Title? old fart

Jun 2014
    mid western ARK
    XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox
    10311 times
    Relic Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (3)
    Quote Originally Posted by HuntinDog View Post
    Smokey
    I learned long ago that the Deus was the king in the iron.
    When I can pull a target from the iron like this.
    The Chinese coin was attched to the iron plate at 6" !!
    way cool, awesome job. CB's pitch program?
    Possum likes this.
    LUKE 15 : 8 "OR WHAT WOMAN, IF SHE HAS TEN SILVER COINS AND LOSES ONE COIN,DOES NOT LIGHT A LAMP AND SWEEP THE HOUSE AND SEARCH CAREFULLY UNTIL SHE FINDS IT?" 15 : 9 "AND WHEN SHE HAS FOUND IT, SHE CALLS TOGETHER HER FRIENDS AND NEIGHBORS, SAYING, "REJOICE WITH ME, FOR I HAVE FOUND THE COIN WHICH I HAD LOST!"

us
    May 2010
    No. Cal.
    XP DEUS / MXT PRO / Garrett ProPointer
    2175 times
    Dirtlooter
    I found this one way back.
    Even before CD or V started usuing Pitch.
    Back then my go to was Deus Fast.
    I knew then this was a machine I would have for a loooong time.

us
    Title? old fart

Jun 2014
    mid western ARK
    XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox
    10311 times
    Relic Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (3)
    well that was as awesome as it can be for big iron and a good target. that brings a big smile to your face when you realize what you just did
    RustyGold and HuntinDog like this.
    LUKE 15 : 8 "OR WHAT WOMAN, IF SHE HAS TEN SILVER COINS AND LOSES ONE COIN,DOES NOT LIGHT A LAMP AND SWEEP THE HOUSE AND SEARCH CAREFULLY UNTIL SHE FINDS IT?" 15 : 9 "AND WHEN SHE HAS FOUND IT, SHE CALLS TOGETHER HER FRIENDS AND NEIGHBORS, SAYING, "REJOICE WITH ME, FOR I HAVE FOUND THE COIN WHICH I HAD LOST!"

Bharp

Dec 2016
    Savannah, GA
    XP Deus HF coils, Minelab Equinox 800
    2583 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by vferrari View Post
    I hope silencer is stuck at -1 (i.e., off) and doesn't adjust automatically with reactivity behind the scenes. Note the ORX also doesn't appear to have auto ground tracking.
    Got a quick post and video out on the Deus section of this site (TNet) showing the ORX in my test garden. Hope you enjoy it.

Charter Member
    us
    Nov 2012
    Maryland
    18370 times
    Banner Finds (7)
    I don't particular like the pitch program as my loop can have 10 targets under it at the same time. I like the Deus Fast. I even use it at the beach. It whips that signal to the loop and back like nobody's business.
    Possum and jdiggs_treasure like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2015
    5630 times
    Quote Originally Posted by smokeythecat View Post
    I don't particular like the pitch program as my loop can have 10 targets under it at the same time. I like the Deus Fast. I even use it at the beach. It whips that signal to the loop and back like nobody's business.
    Just to be clear, I use Deus fast with tones set to pitch, not the built in pitch program which does not have the right silencer setting. Pitch, for me, makes partially masked, non-ferrous pop in the iron when I am just searching. Not everyone's cup of tea tho. Right next to it on my custom programs is Deus fast with 5 tones instead of 3 (or pitch), which is similar to Smokeys program and I use it when I am in a small hot spot with lots of ferrous and non ferrous targets. I use both of these and sometimes gold field (because it is the deepest mode in mineralized dirt) when I am in the red stuff. Or in one of Smokey's torture chambers - red stuff plus thick iron - which I endure because because Smokey endlessly busts my butt about how bad a relic hunter I am which motivates me and it is where I have found most of my best small brass finds left behind by the AT pros and the like which have cleaned out the easy surface targets and are now useless at those sites.
    Last edited by vferrari; Jan 13, 2019 at 07:47 AM.
    fishstick likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Nov 2012
    Maryland
    18370 times
    Banner Finds (7)
    LMAO! But I still take you out, V! What he said, I do not use the actual "pitch" program. Red stuff plus thick iron, V's getting it now and learning fast. That's a compliment. It's hard on anyone. But most folks walk through the place, go take a break, then go home. V got his hat letter there, and we've done ok, considering he's right about the AT Pros and the like being useless on that one spot.

us
    fishstick

Oct 2012
    Indiana
    Fisher F5, T2SE, F2 for the boys, XP Deus
    1000 times
    Quote Originally Posted by vferrari View Post
    Just to be clear, I use Deus fast with tones set to pitch, not the built in pitch program which does not have the right silencer setting. Pitch, for me, makes partially masked, non-ferrous pop in the iron when I am just searching. Not everyone's cup of tea tho. Right next to it on my custom programs is Deus fast with 5 tones instead of 3 (or pitch), which is similar to Smokeys program and I use it when I am in a small hot spot with lots of ferrous and non ferrous targets. I use both of these and sometimes gold field (because it is the deepest mode in mineralized dirt) when I am in the red stuff. Or in one of Smokey's torture chambers - red stuff plus thick iron - which I endure because because Smokey endlessly busts my butt about how bad a relic hunter I am which motivates me and it is where I have found most of my best small brass finds left behind by the AT pros and the like which have cleaned out the easy surface targets and are now useless at those sites.
    I've only been swinging the Deus for 3 months now but that's how I've been running it. Those signals Scream... My question is what #s do you have the pitch set at for a 9" lf coil?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links