Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
A old friend of my father's came by this evening to visit and talk detecting. he started in the late 60s with a Whites. he found a lot of stuff back then but quit detecting about twenty years ago because his shoulder and back couldn't handle the weight anymore. He brings coins by to show me and I show him my finds. As he talked about the weight and how it began to kill him, I got out my Deus and let him hold it. His old tired eyes lit up as he said, "It don't weigh anything!" I began explaining what it could do and he just shook his head. so I showed him how it worked in pitch with a dime next to iron. his jaw dropped. "It can do all of that?" yep and a lot more as I explained the HF coil. This is crazy, just crazy he said as he left. He told me that he could have detected longer and longer if he had something like the Deus. I said Yep!

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep is right. Tesoro comes closest (I think) to light weight machines, but they are having problems right now.

Gravelwasher

Jan 3, 2011
El Dorado County
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab
I love the XP Deus for this feature, lightness!! My GPZ is seeing less and less time as its a 7.32lb anchor that feels like 12lbs after swinging it a couple days.

OP
OP
dirtlooter

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
my wife didn't want to deal with the deus until she used it one day, from then on she griped about the AT GOLD until she got my
LF coil set up with the puck. we won't give it up for nothing and she has done very well with it. The Deus can really spoil you in so many ways. The light weight was the original reason I went to the deus and love it!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Will he be purchasing a Deus or perhaps a light weight Tesoro in the near future?

I hope this will once again allow him to revisit the hobby. :occasion14:

Last edited:

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
2lbs is a big deal...

OP
OP
dirtlooter

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
We he be purchasing a Deus or perhaps a light weight Tesoro in the near future?

I hope this will once again allow him to revisit the hobby. :occasion14:

unfortunately no, he can barely get around. no lifting and limited getting up and down. He was always a small thin guy but a bout of cancer and parts removed have made life even more challenging for him. I had written a story about him when he told my father and others that he believed that he could out run a BB. Nope, he was wrong! This business of getting old, you have to be tough, very tough for the most part.

fishstick

Silver Member
Oct 28, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5, T2SE, F2 for the boys, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great story!! We're very lucky to be able to swing such an AWESOME machine!!!!!! I bet for a brief moment he felt years younger...

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Sorry to hear dirtlooter! I wish him well. :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
dirtlooter

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
hey he shines every time he shows me something and tells me where he found it, he had found over 500 IHP, said that back then he sold them for fifty cents each. He said that he wished that I had been around back then to hunt with him, that made me feel pretty good. I showed him my silvers in two glass picture frames and he showed me five or six album books of coins, all silver with a couple gold coins. he said his machine just told him that something was there, you pretty much dug it all. he hated the old gum wrappers and bottle caps LOL

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions