Capone

Apr 28, 2017
MINNESOTA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was offered an XP Deus with controller, 9" x35 coil, and wireless headphones (wrap around style). Comes with all the chargers and box.

The guy bought it new in November. He said he's never used it. Hasn't even registered it with XP to start the warranty. He sent me all the pictures. For $1,100. He also lives only 20 miles away and I'm gonna meet with him to purchase.

That's a pretty solid deal right?

Iffy Signals

Sep 17, 2018
Rhode Island
Detector(s) used
Current-Deus & Equinox 800. Past - CTX, F75, AT Pro/Max, F44, Patriot.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea thats a good deal if in new condition. Just checked out Barts page and that setup looks lile it sells for around $1500.

Iffy Signals

Sep 17, 2018
Rhode Island
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like your coming from an AT Pro so that is a great upgrade. Learn how to use it and then go BACK to all the sites you think you cleaned out with the AT.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Iffy signals is correct. Most of my friends with AT Pro's have gone to the Deus and never looked back.

secondstar

Mar 11, 2017
North Central Connecticut
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox, Garrett Ace Apex
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Same here, went from an AT Pro to the XP Deus. That looks like a good deal to me! Keep your AT Pro as a backup, freshwater machine, or go ahead and get the sniper coil and clean out the trashy parks.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Absolutely keep the AT Pro as a backup. I still have my 8 year old Tesoro Cibola as a backup. Poor thing takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin'.

Peter67

Oct 9, 2016
Belgium
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2
Xp Deus
Minelab Equinox 600
Nokta Makro Legend
Nokta Makro Multikruzer
Tesoro Lobo Super Traq,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Deus is a league higher then the At Pro. I know the XP is a detector that is almost 10 years old but the results it gives me are as good as my Nox 800. This week i even bought an extra new one because there are hughe price cuts now in the Netherlands with some dealers. I bought the light version with WS4 and the X35 11" coil for 729 euro (before it was 869 euro). A 59 euro tumbler, emergency loader and carry bag where also extra included. I think this is a very good deal.

Last edited:

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Everyone loves the deus, that’s all I know!

You could be better off overall with this unit because of the weight. The, hopefully, hundreds of hours of you’ll be swinging this thing, you’ll be saving your body the stress of a more weighty machine. The price difference in units will mean nothing compared to potential hostpital bills due to a bum shoulder.

I hear the tones are annoying. But there are two club member with deus’s, and they pull up great stuff!

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dont buy it Some forum sponsors will sell it to you cheaper than 1100.00. PM me and I will tell you which one because I dont want to put them out in the public....

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep all you have to do is call and ask...

OP
OP
C

Capone

Apr 28, 2017
MINNESOTA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Figured I'd update everyone. I think I just got a great deal on eBay. $773!

Screenshot_20190217-133033_Firefox.jpg

Last edited:

Iffy Signals

Sep 17, 2018
Rhode Island
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow great Deal! Is that serious detecting selling Deus again? Every now and then they put them up with no reserve.

GeoW

Jul 12, 2005
Coastal Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II, XP Deus, XP ORX, Nautilus DMCllBa, Troy X5 Shadow, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Outlaw
What is the controller that was mentioned in OPs original post? Was it a remote or a hockey puck? Nuther words, what is to considered to be a controller?

tks,
geo

Last edited:

Relicgrubber

Silver Member
Nov 3, 2018
Deep East Texas
Detector(s) used
O.G. XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What is the controller that was mentioned in OPs original post? Was it a remote or a hockey puck? Nuther words, what is to considered to be a controller?

tks,
geo

Both... Controller and the headphone also have a removable puck that also is a controller.

@ Capone... good deal and welcome to the best imo.

HuntinDog

Bronze Member
May 26, 2010
No. Cal.
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS / MXT PRO / Garrett ProPointer
The controler/remote is the lower right.
The puck is mounted in the backphones at thr top.

Attachments

• deus.png
    deus.png
    49.5 KB · Views: 52

JoeInMO

Jan 12, 2019
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't mean to steal this thread, but I'm interested in the Deus as well... but I'm also confused. Looking at Amazon they have an XP Deus WS4 with Backphone Headphones and 9 inch coil for $799. The next one is an XP Deus with FX-02 wired Backphone Headphones + controller + 9 inch coil for $1099.00. Then the third is an XP Deus with wireless WS5 full headphones and controller, and 11 inch coil for $1565. All are sold by XP and not a 3rd party.

So what's the difference in them (I understand wireless headphones, but I'm not sure what backphone headphones are)?

When someone says they bought the Deus which one are they talking about?

I looked at the XP web site and I'm still confused.

-Joe

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The backphone headphones is on the top left of Huntin dog's picture. That's what I have and I love them. You do not need the WS5, that's the more expensive headphones on the right top of the picture. The "backphone" or WS4 headphones are true headphones without the weight.

OP
OP
C

Capone

Apr 28, 2017
MINNESOTA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't mean to steal this thread, but I'm interested in the Deus as well... but I'm also confused. Looking at Amazon they have an XP Deus WS4 with Backphone Headphones and 9 inch coil for $799. The next one is an XP Deus with FX-02 wired Backphone Headphones + controller + 9 inch coil for $1099.00. Then the third is an XP Deus with wireless WS5 full headphones and controller, and 11 inch coil for $1565. All are sold by XP and not a 3rd party.

So what's the difference in them (I understand wireless headphones, but I'm not sure what backphone headphones are)?

When someone says they bought the Deus which one are they talking about?

I looked at the XP web site and I'm still confused.

-Joe

When someone says they bought the Deus, they chose one of the following packages.

The Deus is offered in 2 basic "package" options.

1st package: The "Deus Lite". $800ish and does not include the square controller, but does include the little puck display unit.
2nd package: Same as the 1st package but it includes the controller and not the hockey puck display unit. This is the package you see running between $1200-1600 (depending on headphones chosen).

Each package offers different headphone options which varies the price.

The square controller unit is the main difference between the packages, and on its own costs around $650 new. The controller offers additional features that the hockey puck unit doesn't have.

Last edited:

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Correct. The one I have has the rectangular controller.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread