Had a special guest on this trip... DAY 1.jpg DAY 1 4.jpg

secondstar

Mar 11, 2017
North Central Connecticut
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox, Garrett Ace Apex
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It looks like you guys had a great time! The two cent piece is one of my all time favorites, such a cool design! I don't suppose that any of you guys down south have a guest room or some couch space for those of us in Western Massachusetts? Frozen ground and more snow coming... It'll be April before my hunting buddies and I can get back out!

HuntinDog

Bronze Member
May 26, 2010
No. Cal.
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS / MXT PRO / Garrett ProPointer
Great hunt
Great finds
The best of friends
and a great video

Thanks CD

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks to Calabash and The History Teacher for having me down. What a blast!

20190219_083246 1.jpg

20190219_083309.jpg

Last edited:

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Fun is where you find it and you guys found a lot of it. pretty awesome to be able to meet up like that for hunts like that, way cool and great memories were made. I know that deep down you all were very competitive and yet very good friends. Smack was given and smack was taken, otherwise known as a great time!

HIGHSTRUNG

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2019
Camden SC
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS 9" HF Coil, Garret Pro-Pointer, MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
GoPro stop recording. I like your videos and they have been very helpful for a green hunter. Where's the Nox?

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was a good time!

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fun is where you find it and you guys found a lot of it. pretty awesome to be able to meet up like that for hunts like that, way cool and great memories were made. I know that deep down you all were very competitive and yet very good friends. Smack was given and smack was taken, otherwise known as a great time!

You basically nailed it.

Bharpring

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2016
Savannah, GA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus HF coils, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice job guys! love the videos.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice job guys! love the videos.

Brian, your name came up as we discussed how you were killing it with that new ORX of yours (in a discussion of the merits of multitones vs. pitch which doesn't exist on the ORX except in the gold field program).

Last edited:

sleepyjim

Jun 8, 2013
Reno Ish Nevada
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, GM1000, XP Deus, GB Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CB was that your pitch prog? The tone of it sounded diff than all the other vids I watched.....Maybe this comp is the difference IDK

Jim

Bharpring

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2016
Savannah, GA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus HF coils, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Brian, your name came up as we discussed how you were killing it with that new ORX of yours (in a discussion of the merits of multitones vs. pitch which doesn't exist on the ORX except in the gold field program).

The ORX has a set 3 Tone program, which is no different than the XP Deus IMO. (As far as performance). You just have to get used to the tones. When I get a chance I will conduct some head to head tests between the two. On the Deus You can set up the 3 Tone with low disc and second Tone like iron. The third Tone smacks non ferrous high conductors at whatever conductivity you set it at. Whereas you are not able to adjust tone conductivity levels or sounds for the second and third tones on the ORX.

Now the pitch program is my preference in low to no modern trashy sites. I have some videos coming up that show me using the Deus with the pitch program and very high disc on a trashy construction site. I stuck with it and found some good stuff, but I felt like there were some non ferrous targets that I probably disc’d out.

What is really amazing to me is how many more targets are revealed after moving only a few inches of dirt on a trashy site. And you can assume the same situation when on a site with highly mineralized dirt.

Great job again with the videos. Maybe we can all get together one day and call it the “Deus All Stars”? LOL. 🤩

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CB was that your pitch prog? The tone of it sounded diff than all the other vids I watched.....Maybe this comp is the difference IDK

Jim

It was Jim..

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The ORX has a set 3 Tone program, which is no different than the XP Deus IMO. (As far as performance). You just have to get used to the tones. When I get a chance I will conduct some head to head tests between the two. On the Deus You can set up the 3 Tone with low disc and second Tone like iron. The third Tone smacks non ferrous high conductors at whatever conductivity you set it at. Whereas you are not able to adjust tone conductivity levels or sounds for the second and third tones on the ORX.

Now the pitch program is my preference in low to no modern trashy sites. I have some videos coming up that show me using the Deus with the pitch program and very high disc on a trashy construction site. I stuck with it and found some good stuff, but I felt like there were some non ferrous targets that I probably disc’d out.

What is really amazing to me is how many more targets are revealed after moving only a few inches of dirt on a trashy site. And you can assume the same situation when on a site with highly mineralized dirt.

Great job again with the videos. Maybe we can all get together one day and call it the “Deus All Stars”? LOL. ��

I LIKE THE SOUND OF THAT!!!

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Great job again with the videos. Maybe we can all get together one day and call it the “Deus All Stars”? LOL. ��

I LIKE THE SOUND OF THAT!!!

Same here.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread