Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
another great video. you also explained several things that I had questions on, like why the deep gold had such a high number. thankx

HuntinDog

Bronze Member
May 26, 2010
No. Cal.
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS / MXT PRO / Garrett ProPointer
Man CD you're the best on these videos.
You're making me want an ORX, but I'm pretty happy with my Deus and all the coils....

Thanks for and great one.

secondstar

Mar 11, 2017
North Central Connecticut
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox, Garrett Ace Apex
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great video Calabash! The ORX doesn’t allow the user to specify silencer filter level, so I can only imagine that the value must be preset and hidden from the user. How do you think that silencer on the ORX compares to that of the Deus? Perhaps this is impossible to answer...

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seems to be a low setting to me but that is just my guess..

Iffy Signals

Sep 17, 2018
Rhode Island
Detector(s) used
Current-Deus & Equinox 800. Past - CTX, F75, AT Pro/Max, F44, Patriot.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like the screen when the VDI pops. Its like the Deus and the Equinox got drunk one night and had a baby named ORX.

Last edited:

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great video Calabash! The ORX doesn’t allow the user to specify silencer filter level, so I can only imagine that the value must be preset and hidden from the user. How do you think that silencer on the ORX compares to that of the Deus? Perhaps this is impossible to answer...

Seems to be a low setting to me but that is just my guess..

I asked Andy Sabisch about this and he is also unsure. Will try to see if I cant get an answer at the next Bootcamp Skype with XP. In the mean time one way to test this would be to sweep over a rusty crowncap at various reactivity settings to see if if the signal breaks up. If it doesn't, silencer is off.

If the ORX had pitch tones and Tracking GB, I would pick one up as a backup, no question.

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
my wife would be totally happy with the ORX, she doesn't care about making any kinds of adjustments, just wants to turn it on and go.

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I saw a you tube video from a guy in Australia said the ORX is a better nugget hunter than the Equinox, Gold Monster, Gold Bug 2. "Phenomenal in the gold fields". He used the smaller elliptical coil. He also said the single frequency works better if you are after just one type of target. The multi-freq works better "if you don't know what you are going to be finding".

Saw another video think it was from Europe. It sure was noisy, maybe just real rough ground. That would give me ear fatigue in about five minutes.

Last edited:

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FWIW - The ORX gold field program is no different than the Deus with the exception that the ORX has more limited reactivity adjustment and no Ground Balance tracking.

basstrackerman

Feb 15, 2007
Alabama
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You may have some questions regarding the ORX metal detector from XP – Here are some questions we are regularly asked.

Technical
Q: What is the RC
A: The RC is the control unit, some refer to it as a PDA or the controller

Q: Does the ORX use the same settings as the Deus.
A: Coin fast is almost exactly the same as Deus Fast, it uses an active silencer depending on your reactivity settings. Coin Deep replicates the Deus deep program 6, it uses no silencer regardless of your reactivity settings.

Q: What is the difference between Coin Deep and Coin Fast.
A: Exactly what it says, Coin Fast will be better used amongst iron as it has a faster reactivity and a different iron filter.
Coin deep can be better suited on cleaner land as the settings used can give a little bit more depth, Coin Deep has less filtering than Coin Fast and punches a little harder.
*Note : Coin Deep can be used on difficult iron contaminated ground if you are experienced with the ORX sounds.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You may have some questions regarding the ORX metal detector from XP – Here are some questions we are regularly asked.

Technical
Q: What is the RC
A: The RC is the control unit, some refer to it as a PDA or the controller

Q: Does the ORX use the same settings as the Deus.
A: Coin fast is almost exactly the same as Deus Fast, it uses an active silencer depending on your reactivity settings. Coin Deep replicates the Deus deep program 6, it uses no silencer regardless of your reactivity settings.

Q: What is the difference between Coin Deep and Coin Fast.
A: Exactly what it says, Coin Fast will be better used amongst iron as it has a faster reactivity and a different iron filter.
Coin deep can be better suited on cleaner land as the settings used can give a little bit more depth, Coin Deep has less filtering than Coin Fast and punches a little harder.
*Note : Coin Deep can be used on difficult iron contaminated ground if you are experienced with the ORX sounds.

Awesome info, thx.

Here's the link btw: http://www.xpmetaldetectors.com/blog-detection/en/technical/orx-help/

Looks like XP just posted it up last week, so no wonder Andy and co. did not know the answers when I asked a few weeks back.

Now we know the real difference between Fast and Deep - Fast has silencer (which is strange because fast has silencer off on the Deus) and Deep has no silencer (consistent with Deus Deep program). The Deus Deep program has TX power at 3 (for non HF coils) which is NOT desirable in mineralized ground, so I wonder if ORX Deep has the same thing. Probably would just go with gold field in highly mineralized ground.

Thanks again, Wild Bill.

Last edited:

secondstar

Mar 11, 2017
North Central Connecticut
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox, Garrett Ace Apex
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Calabash posted a video this morning that demonstrates the silencer filter differences between coin fast and coin deep. It’s nice to know what the manufacturer based these programs off of.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Calabash posted a video this morning that demonstrates the silencer filter differences between coin fast and coin deep. It’s nice to know what the manufacturer based these programs off of.

This is also consistent with Bharpring's findings when he was testing out the ORX in his test garden. Good to know.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread