Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2016
Savannah, GA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus HF coils, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is a video showing the performance of both the XP ORX and the XP Deus on some targets that I found over the last few months. Specifically a trime, half dime, dime, flying eagle cent all from the 1850s, a half real and a Confederate Army Officer's button. The Sand Gnats were out in full force so you will have to excuse the constant blowing as the gnats were exploring every uncovered part of my body even with bug spray applied. You will see how the targets sound next to different sized pieces of old coal and square nails (iron).

I must say that after watching and editing the video I'm very impressed with the performance of the ORX. It is fast, very fast!

I hope you all enjoy the video.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Brian,

Thanks for the detailed look at both these detectors. If you can exactly match the settings between the Deus and ORX for your situation there is no reason the Deus and ORX should not perform similarly. The only issue comes when you need to tweak settings outside of the range of adjustment of the ORX. Interesting the ORX is normalizing ID on the HF coil. Deus is not programmed to do that, but it will on the X35 coils which allows you to bring the 25 KHZ IDs down a tad.

Couple video tips -

A summary of your conclusions, surprise findings, and thoughts as a wrap up would be helpful, especially since the video is has such a long duration

Sometimes you would forget to ID the target you were placing on the platform for test so the viewer really didn't have an idea of what target you were testing.

A brief verbal "conclusion" after each test of what you you observed would be helpful - e.g., With the ORX, frequency X seemed to pick up mid conductive targets better in a bed o nails situation while Frequency Z was better for higher conductive targets such as silver. Frequency Y was not useful in either case unless you lowered reactivity. Just making stuff up, but you get the idea.

Thanks for putting it out there.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thank you for sharing! :occasion14:

OP
OP
Bharpring

Bharpring

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2016
Savannah, GA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus HF coils, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks V for the feedback.

My intention was to do a 20 min. video comparing both the ORX and the Deus. Keep in mind, this is all original footage that I used (no retakes). I tried to edit it down, but there would have been a lot of information lost. All of the changes in frequencies and reactivity on different targets were a result of the the questions that I had before making the video. The results of the tests generated more questions which led to more tests and it ended up being a long video. I was going to do a "wrap up" after but the video would have been even longer. So the next Test video that I do will be much more structured. I will probably do a video showing the Elliptical coil and another showing the x35 coil with just a couple of different targets.

I must say that after watching and editing the video with the HF round coil, I was very impressed with the ORX. I really felt like it had a slightly faster processing of the target signal than the Deus. That could be either a faster controller or it could be something to do with the headphones. Either way they are both blazing fast. I will be using the ORX a lot more on upcoming hunts.

By the way, I think that the 3 tones on the ORX are set at conductivities- Tone 1: Disc, Tone 2: 75, Tone 3: 75 and up

HuntinDog

Bronze Member
May 26, 2010
No. Cal.
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS / MXT PRO / Garrett ProPointer
Thank you both (Bharpring & vferrari) for shareing your info, experiance and knowledge.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks V for the feedback.

My intention was to do a 20 min. video comparing both the ORX and the Deus. Keep in mind, this is all original footage that I used (no retakes). I tried to edit it down, but there would have been a lot of information lost. All of the changes in frequencies and reactivity on different targets were a result of the the questions that I had before making the video. The results of the tests generated more questions which led to more tests and it ended up being a long video. I was going to do a "wrap up" after but the video would have been even longer. So the next Test video that I do will be much more structured. I will probably do a video showing the Elliptical coil and another showing the x35 coil with just a couple of different targets.

I must say that after watching and editing the video with the HF round coil, I was very impressed with the ORX. I really felt like it had a slightly faster processing of the target signal than the Deus. That could be either a faster controller or it could be something to do with the headphones. Either way they are both blazing fast. I will be using the ORX a lot more on upcoming hunts.

By the way, I think that the 3 tones on the ORX are set at conductivities- Tone 1: Disc, Tone 2: 75, Tone 3: 75 and up

Yeah, I think you made a great documented test run for a future structured video where you can demonstrate specific contrasts and what combos work best for the different settings, targets and coil combos. Will look forward to that.

The ORX speed difference compared to Deus is interesting that it is so noticeable to you - would not have expected that but I know you have so much experience with the Deus it must be real and not imagined.

I would love to do some similar videos but as an event videographer, I am always more comfortable behind than in front of the camera, so kudo's to you and Calabash for getting it done out there. Perhaps I will get some stuff out there this year now that I had a supporting role in a Calabash video, lol.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread