Interesting XP Silver test.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

wvrick

Sep 27, 2010
Salt Rock,WV
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab CTX 3030, E-Trac, Whites V3i, DFX, Fisher CoinStrike, Garrett AT-Pro, Explorer XS, Garrett GTI-2500 Pro, Fisher F2, and Whites Coinmaster 6000 Di Series 3 (Hip mount), Fisher CZ7a-Pro
:sadsmiley: Yes, that may be true.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Still, I think you should not be too bummed about it. You probably have a lot better chance of hitting a lottery jackpot than encountering the situation that you are concerned about.

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did an air test on a handful of silver coin and it blanked on me. However, I laid them on the ground outside and everything normal response--no blanking at all. When i got the coil an inch away the overload icon lit up (set at "1") but it was still giving an audio response. There is a pinpoint mode for working inside with no ground balance. I did not try that one but i suspect it would work okay.

Last edited:

wvrick

Sep 27, 2010
Salt Rock,WV
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab CTX 3030, E-Trac, Whites V3i, DFX, Fisher CoinStrike, Garrett AT-Pro, Explorer XS, Garrett GTI-2500 Pro, Fisher F2, and Whites Coinmaster 6000 Di Series 3 (Hip mount), Fisher CZ7a-Pro
Thanks for all the responses and your results signal_line. I was in no way bashing my new detector, I was just trying to find out why and glad it has different results with the ground.

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't have an answer why it blanks in the air test, but it's not overload. My guess is something to do with ground balance or lack thereof. Kinda like how the tracking function will track to iron. A big target creates an artificial ground response--maybe. LOL

austin_luker

Oct 17, 2014
New York State
Detector(s) used
XP Dues (AKA: EMI Chaser/Dog fence lover)
9" X35 - 11" LF - HF Elliptical - MI6 -
Garrett AT Pro with Neil Storm Coil, NEL SharpShooter and Garrett Pro PinPointer AT (Carrot)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don't have an answer why it blanks in the air test, but it's not overload. My guess is something to do with ground balance or lack thereof. Kinda like how the tracking function will track to iron. A big target creates an artificial ground response--maybe. LOL

Might be averaging the mag field it sees? I dunno wish XP would chime in

Paging "Gary"

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I tried Non-Motion Disc (no ground balancing needed) and it works really great. Selection #4 on the pinpoint button. For any work off the ground it is the way to go. Try it and see, just excellent.

Last edited:

Gravelwasher

Jan 3, 2011
El Dorado County
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Exactly why when someone does a good comparison video its so appreciated!! So many videos with no verifiable information.

I really enjoy Calibash diggers videos!! Great content info and camera shows the machines set up.:icon_thumleft:

tnsharpshooter

Jul 10, 2012
Tn
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus 2, Xp Deus 1, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here are comments I posted elsewhere about this subject quite a long time ago. Deus LF coil used.

Deus owners,
Get you 3 or 4 half dollars or silver dollars,,or maybe even 7 or 8 quarters..

Stack the coins and sweep in Deus fast,,,,listen to what you here.

I used 3 and 4 silver dollars in my experiment .

Then start running your reactivity down and sweep and listen.

Do the same in 12 kHz , 8khz, and 4 kHz.

A person running Deus,, could in fact miss for example 4 silver dollars stacked ,, just under the surface of ground.

Btw I tried Racer with small coil-- no defects noted.

Make that a Racer 1 detector.

Well,, it does seem strange,, lowering reactivity setting,,, the stacks will come through in 12 and 18 kHz
And even at 0 disc setting--- same effect.

I haven't played with gB setting to see what effects it has.

And for gee whiz,,I isolated the 4 silver dollars (ungrounded them) but still stacked-- result just a tad better than being grounded and stacked.

I need to do an in ground test with my coins,,,ground balance seems to affect.

I will tape them together and bury and try with a correct ground balance--- in my ground it looks like it may work correctly,,but we will see.

Some follow up info.

Taped 4 silver dollars together stacked,, buried at 7" deep approx.

Air test and in ground test seem extremely similar.

My ground phase when balanced was 77.

Detector provides tone in all freq and reactivity settings 0-4,, didn't try 5-- I never use it

Silencer setting does,affect unite a bit when set greater than level 2.

Now if I run my ground balance up incrementally,,when I approach 84 and go up--- performance on giving full tone not so good,,and this length of tone gets incrementally shorter as GB is raised.

When the pop or extremely short tone is heard--- horseshoe seems to be telling the truth as far as nonferrous vs ferrous.

With high GB higher than say 83,, Lower reactivity setting to 2 and lower,, target hits very good,,,0 and 1 levels a little better than 2

Also,, full tones 0 disc,, tone sounds a bit better--- definitely sounds more like a nonferrous target vs maybe an iron false or iron rejected signal.

Didn't bury any deeper.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread