signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was considering buying from ebay because they were offering low interest rates on a two year payment schedule. So about the time I wanted to order I noticed they raised their rates like $200 some dollars extra interest now than it was last month. So lucky i didn't go that route or I would have ended up with an older model for more money than i paid for the latest one which has newer technology x35 coil.

wvrick

Sep 27, 2010
Salt Rock,WV
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab CTX 3030, E-Trac, Whites V3i, DFX, Fisher CoinStrike, Garrett AT-Pro, Explorer XS, Garrett GTI-2500 Pro, Fisher F2, and Whites Coinmaster 6000 Di Series 3 (Hip mount), Fisher CZ7a-Pro
It is a problem, almost everything made electronic gets cloned. I worked for years build and testing flight controllers for a global group and about as fast as we came out with a new FC it got cloned and we got stuck with users claiming it was ours and wanted support. The real losers are the end users who get stuck with the junk.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is a problem, almost everything made electronic gets cloned. I worked for years build and testing flight controllers for a global group and about as fast as we came out with a new FC it got cloned and we got stuck with users claiming it was ours and wanted support. The real losers are the end users who get stuck with the junk.

Cloning and counterfeits are indeed big issues that detector equipment buyers need to be aware of, especially when not buying directly from dealers. However, in the case of the Deus, what is probably going on is people are trying to get rid of older detector inventory as XP only switched to providing the X35 coils as standard in Deus detector packages starting last September. So there are probably a lot of pre-X35 boxes hanging out here and there. Have not heard about many illicit Deus clones out there primarily because XP uses specialized coil and control unit manufacturing processes for a very compact electronics assembly that requires some high end automated manufacturing hardware and processes that are not cost-effectively duplicated by counterfeiters. They probably do exist, but not to the extent seen by cheaper to manufacture units by Garrett and First Texas which are more effectively cloned overseas.

Capone

Apr 28, 2017
MINNESOTA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just noticed some of the "new" machines sold on ebay do not have the latest coils. If it doesn't say x35 on the coil it is not the current model.

Check around with some of the dealers to get a better price than ebay, too. You have to ask their price.

This just happened to me. I was expecting to be getting the x35 coil as it was in one of the titles (I posted a picture of it on the board here) but not the MAIN title, if that makes sense.
I also figured it was going to include the x35 as it was coming from a reputable vendor and was a new machine.

I still ended up getting a new setup with the remote for $780 so I didn't complain too much. I did tell the owner that it was misleading.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread