XP Deus Will Not Update - PLEASE HELP

DigDug216

Feb 22, 2016
Statesville, NC
Detector(s) used
XP Deus (May2015) and Equinox 800 (March2019)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello. I have the LF coil and my current version is v4.0. I am pretty tech savey and have updated it a little over a year ago to v4.0 with no issues.

I went to the American XP DEUS site and downloaded the update to my windows PC. I follow the instructions and when I get my unit to the screen that says "update" I plug in the cable to the control box and my unit reboots every time. I have uninstalled the update, rebooted my PC and reinstalled and still the same results.

Is it possible to have the wrong cable? If I plug my unit in while its turned off, it starts charging. Is that normal for this type of cable? Please help.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you are using the 3-prong charge cable that came with the Deus, then yes, it won't work. You need a single prong USB data cable (though a data cable may still charge the control unit). When you say the unit reboots, you mean the control unit, not your PC, right?

OP
OP
D

DigDug216

Feb 22, 2016
Statesville, NC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you are using the 3-prong charge cable that came with the Deus, then yes, it won't work. You need a single prong USB data cable (though a data cable may still charge the control unit). When you say the unit reboots, you mean the control unit, not your PC, right?

I am not using the 3 prong charging plug as you are not to use that. I am using one that has an end to connect to my control box and one that connects to the usb on my windows 10 pc. I have charged the headphones control box and coil. I have rebooted and reinstalled the update software software. i have watched Gary's videos to see if i am missing something. I am doing all the steps. Again its the control box that restarts the moment i input the cable into it.

gene the machine

Apr 24, 2012
Western New York
Detector(s) used
Compass Coin Magnum, Garrett GTP1350, Minelab CTX 3030, XP Deus, Nokta Impact
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
not any usb cable will work. you need one specifically for data. i think we got one with our Deus. i don't know how to tell if your cable is data only tho. but keep trying using different cables.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What Gene said. XP provided an update data cable in the box. That is the one you should use or find a USB data cable with the right end plug (harder now as that plug is no longer commonly used).

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The data cable has four wires inside. The ends are the same as the power/battery charger cable. Gotta have a cable with four wires inside. Power cable only has two. There is a short single cable (about 15 inches long) that came with the detector. That's the data cable. No way of knowing if another cable will work unless you try it. Somebody said a camera cable will work.

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

DigDug216

Feb 22, 2016
Statesville, NC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks everyone for you input. I uninstalled my anti virus and it worked! Again thanks for your input.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread