Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By gene the machine
  • 4 Post By DigDug216

Thread: XP Deus Will Not Update - PLEASE HELP

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Feb 2016
    Statesville, NC
    XP Deus
    49 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

XP Deus Will Not Update - PLEASE HELP

Hello. I have the LF coil and my current version is v4.0. I am pretty tech savey and have updated it a little over a year ago to v4.0 with no issues.

I went to the American XP DEUS site and downloaded the update to my windows PC. I follow the instructions and when I get my unit to the screen that says "update" I plug in the cable to the control box and my unit reboots every time. I have uninstalled the update, rebooted my PC and reinstalled and still the same results.

Is it possible to have the wrong cable? If I plug my unit in while its turned off, it starts charging. Is that normal for this type of cable? Please help.

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2015
    Near Ground Zero for Insanity
    XP Deus with HF Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek Delta/Whites MXT/Garrett Carrot/Piranha Relic Shovel
    5638 times
    If you are using the 3-prong charge cable that came with the Deus, then yes, it won't work. You need a single prong USB data cable (though a data cable may still charge the control unit). When you say the unit reboots, you mean the control unit, not your PC, right?
    "The future ain't what it used to be..."

us
    Feb 2016
    Statesville, NC
    XP Deus
    49 times
    Quote Originally Posted by vferrari View Post
    If you are using the 3-prong charge cable that came with the Deus, then yes, it won't work. You need a single prong USB data cable (though a data cable may still charge the control unit). When you say the unit reboots, you mean the control unit, not your PC, right?

I am not using the 3 prong charging plug as you are not to use that. I am using one that has an end to connect to my control box and one that connects to the usb on my windows 10 pc. I have charged the headphones control box and coil. I have rebooted and reinstalled the update software software. i have watched Gary's videos to see if i am missing something. I am doing all the steps. Again its the control box that restarts the moment i input the cable into it.

us
    Apr 2012
    Western New York
    Compass Coin Magnum, Garrett GTP1350, Minelab CTX 3030, XP Deus, Nokta Impact
    325 times
    Metal Detecting
    not any usb cable will work. you need one specifically for data. i think we got one with our Deus. i don't know how to tell if your cable is data only tho. but keep trying using different cables.
    vferrari likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2015
    Near Ground Zero for Insanity
    XP Deus with HF Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek Delta/Whites MXT/Garrett Carrot/Piranha Relic Shovel
    5638 times
    What Gene said. XP provided an update data cable in the box. That is the one you should use or find a USB data cable with the right end plug (harder now as that plug is no longer commonly used).
    "The future ain't what it used to be..."

us
    Nov 2011
    636 times
    The data cable has four wires inside. The ends are the same as the power/battery charger cable. Gotta have a cable with four wires inside. Power cable only has two. There is a short single cable (about 15 inches long) that came with the detector. That's the data cable. No way of knowing if another cable will work unless you try it. Somebody said a camera cable will work.
    Last edited by signal_line; Mar 16, 2019 at 12:55 PM.
    Love transcends this world we live in to Heaven.
    I'll leave it to you to figure out where the opposite goes.

If your heart is in it you will find a thousand ways to achieve your goal.
    If your heart is not in it you will find a thousand excuses.

Ouija Board and map dowsing , one and the same. Just tape a map onto the Ouija Board and you have map dowsing.
    Works great if you like wild goose chases and snipe hunts!

L-rods are obsolete.

May you never take one single breath for granted.

us
    Feb 2016
    Statesville, NC
    XP Deus
    49 times
    Thanks everyone for you input. I uninstalled my anti virus and it worked! Again thanks for your input.

Remove Ads

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links